Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Rogue class cards in new set

I'm curious...what new rogue class cards are others using with Garth?...I've yet to really find any new rogue card useful in my deck...and that's in an 80 card deck. I look forward to hearing some feedback on what, if any, new rogue class cards I'm not using that others feel are great with Garth (not looking for replies for Lance or Serena). Thanks!
    Avenger of Valhalla
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think rabble rouser is pretty decent. Need other rogue allies to make it great. But it's a cantrip regardless. I've seen covert op be decent with shuriken. Turncoat is really annoying if you can set it up, but I've not tested it much to know if it's really worth playing. The rest are mediocre at best for Garth. You could try to throw dhalia in but in your 80 card deck it'd be hit or miss I'm afraid. And I don't think Garth really wants her because she's a tempo play rather than an efficient answer
    Last edited by TJ dubdub; 06-29-2018 at 08:02 AM.
    IGN: TJ dubdub
    TG: @tjdubdub

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ dubdub View Post
    I think rabble rouser is pretty decent. Need other rogue allies to make it great. But it's a cantrip regardless. I've seen covert op be decent with shuriken. Turncoat is really annoying if you can set it up, but I've not tested it much to know if it's really worth playing. The rest are mediocre at best for Garth. You could try to throw dhalia in but in your 80 card deck it'd be hit or miss I'm afraid. And I don't think Garth really wants her because she's a tempo play rather than an efficient answer
    Thanks for reply...with all the Vera and ergon priest decks running around, rabble rouser would need to be 3 health to even be an option...but I'm not sure even then. Covert op can also retreat your own ally to remove cards like subdue, but I think retreat is just better (and many attachment opponents could make use of the ally you'd be giving). I like so many class cards from this set for every class but rogue...I'm possibly just not using something well or rogues got a very short stick in this set. Other thoughts?

(By the way, I'm not saying that Garth is now all of a sudden weak...I'm just dissappointed that with the new set I can't seem to find ONE new rogue card to replace older (still better options). Like most other players, when a new set comes out, I want to use some new cards. Most new sets bring at least a couple cards I replace, but so far this set I use exactly zero new cards with Garth, but not because I haven't tried them).
    Last edited by Shadow Mann; 06-29-2018 at 08:44 AM.
    Avenger of Valhalla
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    covert op is good. Obvious for shuriken, good target for your fagin or your sword thief or an opposing ally with coercion, among other things. And because of covert op, add turncoat.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Mann View Post
    Thanks for reply...with all the Vera and ergon priest decks running around, rabble rouser would need to be 3 health to even be an option...but I'm not sure even then. Covert op can also retreat your own ally to remove cards like subdue, but I think retreat is just better (and many attachment opponents could make use of the ally you'd be giving). I like so many class cards from this set for every class but rogue...I'm possibly just not using something well or rogues got a very short stick in this set. Other thoughts?

(By the way, I'm not saying that Garth is now all of a sudden weak...I'm just dissappointed that with the new set I can't seem to find ONE new rogue card to replace older (still better options). Like most other players, when a new set comes out, I want to use some new cards. Most new sets bring at least a couple cards I replace, but so far this set I use exactly zero new cards with Garth, but not because I haven't tried them).
    While I do get what you are saying, giving a tier 1/1.5 deck several new tools can be dangerous. I'm sure you use stun turrent as the card is amazing. Seems most the new cards were geared toward Serena and a little bit for lance this time around. Hopefully Garth will get some thing in the next set
    IGN: TJ dubdub
    TG: @tjdubdub

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ dubdub View Post
    While I do get what you are saying, giving a tier 1/1.5 deck several new tools can be dangerous. I'm sure you use stun turrent as the card is amazing. Seems most the new cards were geared toward Serena and a little bit for lance this time around. Hopefully Garth will get some thing in the next set
    I'm still undecided on stun turret, but really I was looking for a rogue class card. (And currently turret doesn't fit in my deck). This set definitely was geared toward Serena and Lance...I definitely have added some older cards to my deck though to help with the new meta...just want to see if there are new cards I'm overlooking.
    Avenger of Valhalla
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The only rogue card I can think of that may have use in 80-card garth is grave robber. Chances are - you kill a nice ally or destroy a nice item and steal it with him. Otherwise it's still a 2cc 1/4.
    IGN: TJ jonmaciel
    TG: @jonmaciel

Elder, Mentoring Officer

ShadowEra.Net Editor

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by starval View Post
    The only rogue card I can think of that may have use in 80-card garth is grave robber. Chances are - you kill a nice ally or destroy a nice item and steal it with him. Otherwise it's still a 2cc 1/4.
    That's actually one I've considered and tried a little, but I really hate 1 attack allies as 2 attack is really needed with Garth ability to help at all with board...is nice to steal a GB horror or dakrath though
    Avenger of Valhalla
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Mann View Post
    That's actually one I've considered and tried a little, but I really hate 1 attack allies as 2 attack is really needed with Garth ability to help at all with board...is nice to steal a GB horror or dakrath though
    I do agree that grave robber would be a more consistent rogue ally as a 2/3 but, considering what it could do, that might cross the line as being too good.
    IGN: TJ jonmaciel
    TG: @jonmaciel

Elder, Mentoring Officer

ShadowEra.Net Editor

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by starval View Post
    I do agree that grave robber would be a more consistent rogue ally as a 2/3 but, considering what it could do, that might cross the line as being too good.
    Those in PFG may have tested it with higher attack and lower health, but as it stands with 1 attack, it has no place with Garth imo.
    Avenger of Valhalla
    Greatness, Reborn