Close

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
    Knee jerk? The most powerful cards in CCG always involve draw. I haven't played MTG for years but I played in the beginning, Ancestral Recall will always be the most powerful card ever in my eyes. Shadow Era began to toe the line when they introduced Seek. Getting two bodies, four health, three cards by turn five is pretty crazy. That's not even adding in their other abilities. I, admittedly, haven't read the rest of this thread since I didn't care for the title of it and the discussion on the first page wasn't going anywhere. I said in another thread that I agree Garina should affect only allies with 5 casting cost or higher. If not that then why do these allies need the added ability to disappear from the board? Has this been discussed? If they happen to become a dead card on the board for a moment they can disappear to either become themselves again or gain you another card. This couple has definitely got a lot going on.

The ability to disappear from the board is a great feature that is another reason to disconnect them from Garina. That feature sets them up to be complemented by Forgiveness (Vera) and Glass Chalice of Knowing (Ergon). It’s a really nice symmetry with Priest cards. Garina removes some of the need for that skillful manipulation.
    IGN: RS Kohen Gadol

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I would agree with Ross. LL2 is so far the best and most exciting expansion. I think its too early for calling nerf.. Seadog has posted his zhanna deck recently. Its normal that people want to try it. People also need time to find a counter deck.

However if u have a look at Seadog games, he only played 27 matches in total [ 22 wins- 5 losses ], 12 games with zhanna. It hasn’t showed his true power and Rating yet. I had myself 29 winstreaks with zhanna 2 month ago. I didn’t have Vera Eragon or Garina in my deck.

Balancing is needed if some cards are really too powerful or NPE. Currently its just too early for calling nerf imo
    Last edited by Burnout1985; 06-15-2018 at 11:20 PM.
    A1 Burnout1985

I always believed in myself and did well,
    but joining A1 took me the next level. Curious how?

Click here to know how to join A1

-Ladder 1st score: season 67, 66, 62, 61, 58, 49, 37, 35, 34, 30
    -Ladder 1st rating: season 67, 66, 63, 58, 57, 54, 53, 49, 47, 36
    -Tournament won: WORLD CHAMPION 2016, Spagetthi IV, The Fall Seasonal Championship , Bounty Price II, SLUGFEST IX, Highlander II

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I also think that Seadog has posted some counter decks to Veragon Zhanna. Let’s me add Mages and Rogues to this list
    A1 Burnout1985

-Tournament won: WORLD CHAMPION 2016, Spagetthi IV, The Fall Seasonal Championship , Bounty Price II, SLUGFEST IX, Highlander II

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnout1985 View Post
    I also think that Seadog has posted some counter decks to Veragon Zhanna. Let’s me add Mages and Rogues to this list
    We have a lot of internal discussion on this deck.

Talking about the strategy alone, it’s kinda OP if you are not bringing the right counter. It also outplays most ally based decks which form majority of the meta which makes people annoyed. The fact that it beats the other Tier 1 deck, aldmor elemental, makes it look stronger than it is.

I am testing heavily on my alt account, and found that the deck is really brutal at the lower ranks. It performs badly against a lot of Tier 2/Tier 3 decks. Generally speaking, any deck that cycles/exile things can beat Vergon Priest.

Anyways, I think its interesting to play this deck for some time. I have seen a lot of similar decks on QM which doesn’t seem healthy for the development of the game.

I would suggest to make a little change to Garina instead, making it affect allies with 5cc or above only. Without the seek ability from Garina, Vergon will lose a lot of power and consistency, whilst not killing it completely.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    And I will give you guys a hint. The true counter decks lie in the weakest class: Shadow Warrior.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Big seedog, I know every deck has it's counter, but people can't just play this deck in order to fight that one. I also win this deck some times with my wulven deck. But it's nothing. It make this game boring, let people don't want to play it any more.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well this is a good deal if your suggestion is about to change Garina instead. It will make people happy from both side: those who stand against nerfing cards and those who think that priests are too powerful

Do you still remember that people were complaining about aldmor elementalis? It took a little bit time before we could find some counter decks. Anyways this is an interesting and constructive conversation. I wish more players will rise their voices and tell us what they think about it
    A1 Burnout1985

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Personally I haven’t had any issue with the power level of this deck

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have to say I’m losing when vs good player.
    When vs elemental, this deck can rely on tidal wave only or lose.
    also elemental can reduce to hero health to about 5-15 by T5 and I must draw at least 2 tidal wave in the match.
    This is already foolish balance, isn’t it?
    I can’t deal with elemental when I use the other hero.

In my experience, this deck was invented as a meta deck for meat wagon.
    And I wanted to avoid now you are mine and sink hole. and this thought is now good strategy with some cards.

We have to remember that we have no complaints to attachment priest in the past and also now.
    It contains also Vera and elgon.
    Please notice that vergon is not OP. It’s seem to playing problem or not considered problem.

For example
    Warrior should cast 3T blood frenzy
    Hunter should cast layalian Knight and Aldon and snowland spotter and Weapon and night plower
    Rogue should cast owl and IGG and ankle breaker
    Mage should cast troll and sacrificial lamb or Aldon and bad Santa combo or amulets and keep nova more
    Elemental should keep draw card
    Priest can make your deck bigger for meta.

I think all heroes can resist to this deck.
    I think there is a win chance in every battles fairly.
    I experienced very good battle many times and I lost 1/3 games.

I think it is no need to nerf. really balanced in top place.
    However it is good for mostly all deck and sometimes bored and brainless or too easy.
    I think long game was banned for ver 3.60. But we can do this thanks to vergon.

If we want to nerf this deck,
    Garina : the first ally can summon 1 less cc is good for nerf.
    This card have nerfed already,so it is not too strong.

and I also think decender and stardust actualizer is OP.
    I think descender is should not gain 2 attack or more and actualizer is 2/4 is good for balance.

I hope the next new cards defeats this deck naturally.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohen Gadol View Post
    Would it still feel OP if it Vera’s was to draw 2 and heal 3?
    I think so. The best option I've seen so far is to split Vera's ability between the two and eliminate ergons ability. When you play Vera with ergon on board, heal , vice versa draw.
    Currently 53-20 in organized play for 2018

Black Templars - No Remorse, No Fear, No Pity