Close

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ericxp View Post
    If so, it's better than do nothing, I think.
    My preference is that they would remain as they are and Garina Road would be changed to affect allies with 5cc instead of 4cc. But if that can't happen, I don't think draw 2 and heal 3 is an awful nerf.

I really like these cards. It's the most fun Priest deck (and I only play Priest) that I've run aside from semi-solo Threbin. But I can understand the desire for a small nerf.
    IGN: RS Kohen Gadol

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kip thorp View Post
    @ericxp.

It’s been brought to my attention, that I completely misunderstood your post.
    Sorry man, I’d delete my posts but it’s a good reminder to me to “Read the whole dam thread!” First. Then post if I still need it.

Anyways my bad bro and my apologies!
    Props to kip - not everyone is willing to publicly admit their mistakes. Good on you mate.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Rage Kip! Rage!!!
    "Is he a man? Or, is he a mango?" - Gondorian

Join our Telegram Community.

Join Shadow Era on Social Media: Facebook|Twitter

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think the garina change is probably the best solution. But I also think that splitting up the draw and heal ability and removing the damage ability on ergon could be good. That option is almost never used
    IGN: TJ dubdub
    TG: @tjdubdub

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Garina is something that will have to be addressed sooner or later as more cards are added.

I think the ability to seek big allies could eventually become an issue far more impactful than we can foresee.

I have recently thought that perhaps the ability should be “2SE: The top ally in your deck of cost 5 or greater is placed into your hand.”

While Shadow Era made a great move to give “Seek” a universal cost, the value from it is not equal. Especially when you have the capability to seek something like a Nathanias or Kion with a card that is free to summon.

Other options need to survive to seek like Vigilant Wisp or Aldmor Scout. Or have a high cost like General of Unaxio.

I am more worried though about future releases and how those could break it even more.
    Last edited by SEF Mango; 06-15-2018 at 01:54 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    In a serious note I do think a lot of these types of discussion comes from a knee jerk reaction to new strong decks emerging. It's been a very long time since shadow era has had this sort of meta shake up since release, and I think a lot of people have trouble adapting to that. In the past we've had new cards and they were only ever really used to strengthen the current top tier decks, so we had a more gradual meta shift over the course of many months. What's cool about the release of LLP2 is that almost each month has had its own meta with breakout decks emerging nearly every week, but the stronger ones get singled out a lot and we end up with a call for things to get nerfed immediately, but then weeks down the line something else has emerged that's just as powerful, and the last powerful deck is almost forgotten about.

I think we are at one of the most exciting times in shadow era, both gameplay wise and development wise so I think it best that we exercise a bit of patience when disregarding the powerful stuff as 'OP'

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    Ross014 - Intrepid Learner of Secrets
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I tend to agree with Ross. But in this case the combo of draw and heal for 6cc and being able to seek half of it is just too much imo
    IGN: TJ dubdub
    TG: @tjdubdub

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross013 View Post
    In a serious note I do think a lot of these types of discussion comes from a knee jerk reaction to new strong decks emerging. It's been a very long time since shadow era has had this sort of meta shake up since release, and I think a lot of people have trouble adapting to that. In the past we've had new cards and they were only ever really used to strengthen the current top tier decks, so we had a more gradual meta shift over the course of many months. What's cool about the release of LLP2 is that almost each month has had its own meta with breakout decks emerging nearly every week, but the stronger ones get singled out a lot and we end up with a call for things to get nerfed immediately, but then weeks down the line something else has emerged that's just as powerful, and the last powerful deck is almost forgotten about.

I think we are at one of the most exciting times in shadow era, both gameplay wise and development wise so I think it best that we exercise a bit of patience when disregarding the powerful stuff as 'OP'

The problem here is that this combo has shown the true issue which is Garina.

The combo alone is cool and gives an interesting flavor. However, having a location that is FREE to summon and can Pull not only this combo but any other 5cc plus ally is an issue.

Look at other seek options. Nothing compares to the potential of Garina. Not only in value but also in ease of activation.

Combos are fun and always difficult to pull off. The obvious reason is because of the overall potential. Garina negates this problem for the current combo.

Bringing this up is not a knee jerk reaction but a factual statement of current cards.
    Last edited by SEF Mango; 06-15-2018 at 05:56 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by SEF Mango View Post
    The problem here is that this combo has shown the true issue which is Garina.

The combo alone is cool and gives an interesting flavor. However, having a location that is FREE to summon and can Pull not only this combo but any other 5cc plus ally is an issue.

Look at other seek options. Nothing compares to the potential of Garina. Not only in value but also in ease of activation.

Combos are fun and always difficult to pull off. The obvious reason is because of the overall potential. Garina negates this problem for the current combo.

Bringing this up is not a knee jerk reaction but a factual statement of current cards.
    Garina has been the way it is for months and it was hardly played post nerf. Now cards have been released that make garina interesting again and people are calling for nerfs. That to me is definitely a knee jerk and this 'problem' will have disappeared in a months time

Ross014 - Intrepid Learner of Secrets
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Knee jerk? The most powerful cards in CCG always involve draw. I haven't played MTG for years but I played in the beginning, Ancestral Recall will always be the most powerful card ever in my eyes. Shadow Era began to toe the line when they introduced Seek. Getting two bodies, four health, three cards by turn five is pretty crazy. That's not even adding in their other abilities. I, admittedly, haven't read the rest of this thread since I didn't care for the title of it and the discussion on the first page wasn't going anywhere. I said in another thread that I agree Garina should affect only allies with 5 casting cost or higher. If not that then why do these allies need the added ability to disappear from the board? Has this been discussed? If they happen to become a dead card on the board for a moment they can disappear to either become themselves again or gain you another card. This couple has definitely got a lot going on.