Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

[RS Seadog] Rank #1 Top Tier Vergon Zhanna

I think it is worth to make another thread for this deck.

It ranks #1 on rating and has a lot of good matchups.

Unlike other priest deck, this deck is very concise and highly consistent due to all the seek ability and draw.

It has a very strong mid-late game play. Once you survive early rush, you basically win the game.

The decklist is as below:

Hero: Zhanna Mist

Allies (16):
    4x Devoted Knight
    4x Vera, High Priestess
    4x Ergon, Grand Inquisitor
    2x Viska, The Scarlet Blade
    2x Kion the Magnificent

Abilities (12):
    2x Retreat
    4x Focused Prayer
    1x Resurrection
    4x Tidal Wave
    1x Mass Purification

Items (9):
    4x Glass Chalice of Knowing
    2x Book of Curses
    3x The King's Pride

Locations (3):
    3x Anmor: Garina Road

= 40 cards

Here is a detailed breakdown of the deck.

Devoted Knight – Your early game resource accelerator. Helps to soak up damages and build up resource for Turn 4 Tidal Wave and T5 Vera/Ergon under Garina.

Vera/Ergon – The super OP combo. Arguably the strongest combo in the history of Shadow Era. Garina makes their cost down to 3cc each and spamable on Turn 5. Here is how to play it:

If you have Garina and either Vera/Ergon on hand with no allies on board, you play Garina to search for either Vera/Ergon (that you don’t have) and then play the combo. Note that Vera ability is much more stronger than Ergon ability. Heal 4 health and draw 3 cards plus 2 bodies on board is insane card advantage.

Try not to rely on Ergon ability for board as it slows down your draw and in turn, eats out your shadow energy. If you are facing a heavy board from your opponent, the best play is to dig tidal wave with Vera ability or Glass Chalice of Knowing. In the long run, you will out play your opponent when they run out of steam.

The active ability of Vera is also super OP. She can be bounced back (which removes any attachment on her) and exchange with the bottom card on your resource pile (aka the first card you sac that game). Therefore, you should sac Vera on Turn 1 if able. And then you can swap that back in late game and provide an infinite loop.

On a side note, Ergon ability makes him go to the bottom of your deck, which can be digged by the ability of Glass Chalice of Knowing.

Viska, The Scarlet Blade – a very good card to combat weapon based deck. Even better if you have The King's Pride on board. Can be searched by Garina and played on T5.

Kion the Magnificent – destroy Moonstalker. Making all your allies very sticky. Even better if you have The King's Pride on board. Can be searched by Garina and played on T5.

Focused Prayer – signature Priest control card.

Resurrection – make sure you never run out of steam. With “Vergon” combo you are likely to deck out yourself quickly. Resurrection gives you a second life and more sustainability.

Tidal Wave - signature Priest control card.

Mass Purification – warrior destroyer.

Glass Chalice of Knowing – Priest has a lot of draw options but nothing compares with chalice. It fits in the resource curve as the best Turn 2 play. It helps you to go through the deck quickly to search for the missing pieces for the combo. The only drawback is it drains your SE pretty fast together with Garina. So use your draw wisely.

Book of Curses – It helps to slow down your opponent. When you get Kion and Book of Curses on board, your allies are almost unbeatable as it is effectively -2 damages.

The King's Pride – your major offensive card. As this deck lacks attack power, The King's Pride becomes very important as a win coin.

Anmor: Garina Road – the backbone of this deck. Seek + cost reduction.

Your ideal game play is:

Turn 2 –Chalice
    Turn 3 - Devoted Knight / Book of Curses
    Turn 4 – (when Devoted Knight is killed) Tidal Wave
    Turn 5 – Garina + Vera and Ergon / Viska / Kion
    Turn 6 - The King's Pride

There isn’t much difference going first or second as this deck mitigates opponent First Turn Advantage well.

I can see this deck dominates the meta if not addressed properly. I hope Wulven will take a look at this post.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This is just super annoying strategy which doesn't allow people play normal decks and actually enjoy game ..
    Vera & Ergon is most unfair combo with garina this game ever saw ..
    I really don't understand how people can play normal and honest deck from all those tidal vera spammers .
    How u can play Boris , Bloodfang and ally based decks as that nonsense ..
    Personally I would be ashamed to even try that .
    Nothing personal seadog. U know that I respect u a lot as a player and as a deckbuilder .
    But this kind of decks killing all the fun .
    Sinister Always Pays His Debts

European Shadow Era Champion

First SEF champion

Wanna join A1 ? Contact me on TELEGRAM @MrArcy

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Great deck!

I used the same list as I already found it on another post, but -1 Turret and +1 Garania. Tried it with Zhanna, Threbin and Jericho for SEF challenge and I did win them all easily! I also recommended it to a lot of people already.

Although I hate the strategy, we all have to agree that the deck plays very well and it helped you to be #1 in rating right now, so kuddos!

Thanks for the post and good luck for staying on top!
    IGN: A1 Mananexus
    Telegram: @Mananexus

A1-Alliance - Evolution in Theory
    a1-alliance.freeforums.net
    You want to be a part of A1-Alliance? Check out the link right here!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcadius View Post
    This is just super annoying strategy which doesn't allow people play normal decks and actually enjoy game ..
    Vera & Ergon is most unfair combo with garina this game ever saw ..
    I really don't understand how people can play normal and honest deck from all those tidal vera spammers .
    How u can play Boris , Bloodfang and ally based decks as that nonsense ..
    Personally I would be ashamed to even try that .
    Nothing personal seadog. U know that I respect u a lot as a player and as a deckbuilder .
    But this kind of decks killing all the fun .
    No worries buddy I get your point. That's why I am asking Wulven to take a look at this deck. It's certainly stronger than other decks by far at the moment.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by seedog View Post
    No worries buddy I get your point. That's why I am asking Wulven to take a look at this deck. It's certainly stronger than other decks by far at the moment.
    It's definitely Vera annoying.

Good work seedog!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Mananexus View Post
    Great deck!

I used the same list as I already found it on another post, but -1 Turret and +1 Garania. Tried it with Zhanna, Threbin and Jericho for SEF challenge and I did win them all easily! I also recommended it to a lot of people already.

Although I hate the strategy, we all have to agree that the deck plays very well and it helped you to be #1 in rating right now, so kuddos!

Thanks for the post and good luck for staying on top!
    Thanks. I am happy to share a meta deck here. Vergon is such a strong combo that makes priest Tier 1.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowphnx View Post
    It's definitely Vera annoying.

Good work seedog!
    Thanks. Actually, you can increase the level of annoyance by adding more Resurrection

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by seedog View Post
    Same thing was happening with attach priest and and aldmor ele. I'd like to see how the meta adjusts. I have played some games with it and it's very good. Thanks for sharing!
    IGN: TJ dubdub
    TG: @tjdubdub

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ dubdub View Post
    Same thing was happening with attach priest and and aldmor ele. I'd like to see how the meta adjusts. I have played some games with it and it's very good. Thanks for sharing!
    So far I found four decks that can beat this but the Veragon combo is very strong. I would like to see how this plays out and see what other counters there are in the next few weeks.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ dubdub View Post
    Vergon Zhanna > Aldmor Elementalis > Attachment Priest

What's next?