Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i think the effects of Tidal Wave, Energy Discharge and Supernova etc are fine, not that disturbing unlike card auto zooming

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    So, for Combat Phase, the cards would just stay where they are and take damage off each other?
    Much like how the interactions are in other TCG. You drag the card into the target and you have a split second interaction of them colliding and the damage being distributed.

Imagine being able to just swipe three cards on your side into the targets. I can see that taking maybe only 2-3 seconds? 2-3 seconds is about what it takes now when you attack with a card into another. We could be looking at cutting down the time used on card interaction by 50% or more.

This should have a significant impact on total time spent per game. Which might make some decks (stall/heavy control) not seem like such a life drain if they go by much faster.

Turning off the 3D effects of Tidal Wave and Mind Control should be fairly straightforward. Most new cards we make don't use those effects and they still work correctly.
    I was not even thinking about doing this. i have no input on this part tbh. i leave that for others to bring up.

What about when any card is summoned and it is shown zoomed for 1 second? That's useful.

I think this is something to sort out for the Steam release.
    It truly is not that useful. If you are a new player, that one second of seeing the card will not help you much. You still will have to check it out to read it properly on your turn especially if it is something with a large amount of text like Lythian Sledgehammer. So, that 1 second of zoom is something that we can cut down from each match time.
    Last edited by SEF Mango; 06-13-2018 at 05:05 AM.
    "Is he a man? Or, is he a mango?" - Gondorian

Join our Telegram Community.

Join Shadow Era on Social Media: Facebook|Twitter

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SEF Mango View Post
    I was not even thinking about doing this removal of 3D effects. i have no input on this part tbh. i leave that for others to bring up.
    I think I misunderstood your reference to Mind Control then. What did you mean?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think I misunderstood your reference to Mind Control then. What did you mean?
    Oh, when you use Mind Control on an ally with Ambush, the animation has this strange pause while the system works out that there is no retaliation. This actually takes longer than it would for an ally without Ambush.

It is just awkward waiting for it to resolve. Something that would be nice to be done with imo.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SEF Mango View Post
    Oh, when you use Mind Control on an ally with Ambush, the animation has this strange pause while the system works out that there is no retaliation. This actually takes longer than it would for an ally without Ambush.

It is just awkward waiting for it to resolve. Something that would be nice to be done with imo.
    Oh that's not why it is delaying. There's a delay put on the kill ability damage, for some historical timing reasons that may or may not still be relevant - I don't know because I generally don't poke at code unless it's broken (don't want to risk introducing new interaction bugs), so this is something that will need some time put in the understand and then thorough testing after any change.

The whole client should be reimplemented from scratch to update the look and feel and bring in new features like a history showing everything that happened and why (like HS has), but that will be quite a development expense.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Of course. I only bring it up because it is what sells in the current market. I think about other products that I have played and left because their content or gameplay is not as great as Shadow Era.