Close

Threaded View

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Please consider streamlining the gameplay

Yoyo everyone,

I wanted to start up a thread here about the actual game play of Shadow Era. Not any issues with balance, cards. This game is amazing in that respect and imo, kicks a** over other games out there. No, I would like to speak on the actual mechanics of the game.

In my opinion, we need to do away with the current way cards interact with each other during the combat phase and when summoned. I love this game so it pains me to see the two cards jump up into the screen and have to watch that horrible sword/claw animation. It is very dated and gives a poor taste to a product that has superior strategic and overall game play when compared to other TCG's.

I know people want to not copy the way Hearthstone and other TCG's have their card interactions, however, the numbers have shown that people enjoy those mechanics. When i watch a review and the person states that these games have "smooth game play" they are referring to the interaction between the cards.

Other cards games have fast and to the point mechanics that take a fraction if not one second to accomplish. As opposed to our mechanics that can take 2-3 seconds to complete. Or longer if you happen to do something like use Mind Control on an ally that has ambush. You end up with this awkward pause of 2-3 seconds while the game works it out.

If you say that the average Shadow Era game is 10 turns, how many card interactions and on summon is that? Each combat interaction having an average time of 2-3 seconds might not seem like a big deal. However, when compared to other top games that have 1 second or less, we have snail speed.

I realize that this would mean a complete overhaul in regards to the game and it just might not be something that is able to be approached at this time. It is just my opinion that unless we get a more aesthetic interaction in place, we may never be able to compete with the big boys who have such smooth combat and on summon interface.

I really want to see this game hit the heights that it can. Everyone here knows that it is a superior product. First impressions go a long way. So many don’t have patience or vision to find out how amazing this game can be.
    Last edited by SEF Mango; 06-10-2018 at 08:20 PM.
    "Is he a man? Or, is he a mango?" - Gondorian

Join our Telegram Community.

Join Shadow Era on Social Media: Facebook|Twitter