Quote Originally Posted by Kross View Post
Okay. I can see why you would think that but I am not sure that I agree.

In SE's earliest days, about 2010 - 2013, there weren't many mobile ccgs on its level, if at all any. However, ever since Hearthstone's release in 2014, there have been a plethora of similar titles released that wanted to capitalize on HS's success.

Does SE have better game mechanisms and balance than Gwent, HS, Shadowverse, etc? Maybe. Maybe not. That's completely subjective. But what is less subjective is that all of those other games are so far ahead of SE in so many other areas that it seems kind of silly to not play those instead.

My point is that even if thousands of new cards and mechanics are regularly released, it means nothing if the overall gameplay experience isn't at least on the level of what most online ccg players are used to in 2018 -- so why should anyone bother.

As a long time player, backer, and "token holder", I just want to see this game succeed.
I agreed with your statement.

People don’t want to see Shadow Era “copy” those other games in terms of card interaction and aesthetics. However, there is “copying” and their is having a product that meets the current expectations of its customers.