Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FX & Events

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

FX & Events

Sound and Special Effects.

Events (such as SEF).

Can I get some insight on the board's stance on these? Such as, where do they fall in priority for improving the game (vs adding new cards, for example) and is there a way for the community to get involved to help push these things out faster?

Also, if you are not a part of the board, how do you feel about these things? Do you think they are important to you and/or improving SE as a whole?

Thanks

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think right now top priority HAS to be CARDS CARDS CARDS! You make money off booster sales, you CAN make money off events, but SFX and such are just icing on the cake.
    Currently 53-20 in organized play for 2018

Black Templars - No Remorse, No Fear, No Pity

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I am on board with cards first and foremost.

I do not care much for sound effects. However, visuals definitely need a shakeup. I do like the fast interaction you see in other games like Hearthstone. Maybe we do not need to have something exactly like that but I do feel we can find a way to speed up interaction.
    "Is he a man? Or, is he a mango?" - Gondorian

Join our Telegram Community.

Join Shadow Era on Social Media: Facebook|Twitter

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i normally mute the game when playing but i understand the need for fancy sound and special effects in SE, first impression counts! it's a mobile gaming after all

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by BT InzektrHornet View Post
    I think right now top priority HAS to be CARDS CARDS CARDS! You make money off booster sales, you CAN make money off events, but SFX and such are just icing on the cake.
    Good point.

Do you think old players would come back if they knew there were more cards? Do you think new players would stay if they could tell that new cards would be released at regular and timely intervals?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kross View Post
    Good point.

Do you think old players would come back if they knew there were more cards? Do you think new players would stay if they could tell that new cards would be released at regular and timely intervals?
    New cards at regular intervals are the only thing that could possibly bring the old players back. (That and spreading the word the game is under new management.)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by BT InzektrHornet View Post
    New cards at regular intervals are the only thing that could possibly bring the old players back. (That and spreading the word the game is under new management.)
    Okay. I can see why you would think that but I am not sure that I agree.

In SE's earliest days, about 2010 - 2013, there weren't many mobile ccgs on its level, if at all any. However, ever since Hearthstone's release in 2014, there have been a plethora of similar titles released that wanted to capitalize on HS's success.

Does SE have better game mechanisms and balance than Gwent, HS, Shadowverse, etc? Maybe. Maybe not. That's completely subjective. But what is less subjective is that all of those other games are so far ahead of SE in so many other areas that it seems kind of silly to not play those instead.

My point is that even if thousands of new cards and mechanics are regularly released, it means nothing if the overall gameplay experience isn't at least on the level of what most online ccg players are used to in 2018 -- so why should anyone bother.

As a long time player, backer, and "token holder", I just want to see this game succeed.
    Last edited by Kross; 05-16-2018 at 02:56 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

In SE's earliest days, about 2010 - 2013, there weren't many mobile ccgs on its level, if at all any. However, ever since Hearthstone's release in 2014, there have been a plethora of similar titles released that wanted to capitalize on HS's success.

Does SE have better game mechanisms and balance than Gwent, HS, Shadowverse, etc? Maybe. Maybe not. That's completely subjective. But what is less subjective is that all of those other games are so far ahead of SE in so many other areas that it seems kind of silly to not play those instead.

My point is that even if thousands of new cards and mechanics are regularly released, it means nothing if the overall gameplay experience isn't at least on the level of what most online ccg players are used to in 2018 -- so why should anyone bother.

As a long time player, backer, and "token holder", I just want to see this game succeed.
    agreed completely, as another token holder

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Good point.

I know there were groups of people that said they would not return until there was new cards. Slowly I see more and more old names back in the game.

Even had a person comment on my YouTube channel that they were a former player just starting to get back into the game.

The game play is outstanding and makes up for the average aesthetics. I can understand people leaving though because it is not as interactive as other games.

This game though has so much to it that is player friendly. Especially since you don’t need to spend huge bucks, resources or insane time to get the “best stuff.” Unlike other games, there is no BEST cards you have to own or you get wrecked. When people realize that, I think they stay. Others who want something pretty leave.

It would be nice to keep both though.
    "Is he a man? Or, is he a mango?" - Gondorian

Join our Telegram Community.

Join Shadow Era on Social Media: Facebook|Twitter

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Gameplay wise, it is on par if not better than other current offerings. Art wise I would argue the same. The only places I see it lacking compared to other ccgs is UI stuff (copy/paste decks, quick sell cards, automated tournaments/events), sound effects, and consistent card influx. As far as income generation, the only one that really matters is card influx. I would bet good money that the only reason we don't have the other stuff is because of lack of money.