Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Lightbulb Suggestion for Improving General Features

I have been partially around since the Kickstarter days. However there are some issues that needs fixing and seems like they are not on the schedule anytime soon so just wanted to drop my thoughts here.There are few small changes necessary to make the game more appealing especially for the beginners. What I notice is other than few known names there is barely any newcomer, I have been trying to introduce many friends since years but all give up with similar complaints. Game has a very nice system but entry barrier is too high. This puts many starters off already. Most of the stuff I will mention below should be easy fixes.

One of the main issues I observed is the score system. It is either win your first 10 matches in a row or wait for next season type of thing. Once your score settles there is no way to climb since you will keep getting 1-2 points from each match. Somehow frustrating and I think it needs improvement so it is not only few players' league but everyone can compete.

In addition to this matchmaking punishes you for quitting a match that did not start (before any opponents arrive). Sometimes it takes too long to find opponents so it should be able to distinguish a started match from waiting for opponent phase. Imagine a player quiting since no opponent has been found few times in a row which will settle his/her points till the end of the season.

Another issue is buttons taking too long to appear which is frustrating to see the client is unable catch up with a standard player's speed.

Also AI needs improvements in order to train beginners better and help people test their decks in a more realistic way. I know this might not be an easy change compared to other stuff I mentioned so I categorize this as a secondary issue.

One more thing i noticed is there is no way to view even your current score right now (or I just got lost in GUI after years). The GUI needs some improvements and more information should be available to players. May be some additional buttons and windows or something. Game is like a black box since years.

Performance of the game on my mobile is horrible I don't know if the issue is with my phone (Samsung J3) but its almost unplayable. Its just a bunch of 2 faced quads in game nothing else like high-poly models or too many effects. So mobile optimization is also an issue

Another small issue i want to touch for the sake of intelligibility of the game-play especially for starters is the need for a standardized weapon buffing mechanic for heroes. While Amber and Gwen needs to target their weapon for buffing it, Serena and Logan doesn't need to target and they can also waste their SE without having a weapon. Why don't we have something like no need to target, and skill only works if there is a weapon on the table for all the weapon buffing heroes ?

One last thing that is bugging my mind for long time is, why so much effort for the physical cards all this time while the card balances change continuously. If I own a buffed or nerfed card am i supposed to delete values with corrector and fix it with a pen ? I mean this effort could be channeled to the game client itself and community could be enlarged first.

There might be some small stuff I forgot mentioning but in conclusion game needs some small polishes to have a more professional look and attract new players easier. Just some opinions that I had to put here after years.

EDIT: Also want to add that some actions like card stealing from opposing player's deck or retrieving a card from grave to deck should be more definitive. Just let the player see which card is stolen for a second. May be player was not looking at screen at that few milliseconds and he misses what is stolen from his/her deck or retrieved from the grave
    Last edited by ledrahan; 05-15-2018 at 01:45 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    These are all good points, but I can only answer one of them. There have been no changes to cards that are currently in print physically to date. I think the physical side was a neat experiment, but it failed and we shouldn't cater to it any more, but I don't know how the board feels on this.
    Currently 53-20 in organized play for 2018

Black Templars - No Remorse, No Fear, No Pity

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    All are good points....especially the rating system and losing points for quitting without having opponent is really annoying.
    WC 2018, WC 2019 Finalist
    IGN - RS Flameborn
    Telegram - rs_flameborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Imo they should rework the cards which people are not using at all and quit saying we can't change because of physical cards that will make old cards a fresh start.

With saying my point of view I don't think they will ever do it because they don't have time to in invent old cards so basically it's a waste to add a point I think to say change old cards. Hehe have a great day.
    In-game name = TJ FallenAngel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by phantomtroupe View Post
    Imo they should rework the cards which people are not using at all and quit saying we can't change because of physical cards that will make old cards a fresh start.

With saying my point of view I don't think they will ever do it because they don't have time to in invent old cards so basically it's a waste to add a point I think to say change old cards. Hehe have a great day.
    well I didn't want to get into the balance part since for me there is somehow some kind of balance. But I agree there are so many unusable cards that are standing there accomplishing almost nothing. Some cards are used in nearly no decks. But its ok I mean there are enough cards at this time to have many fun decks so it should not be the priority imho

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I alos have a J3 that this game works falwless on. Buttons sometimws take yoo long to load but not long enough for me to care. Ive play this game on $20 ZTE phones. Just saying it might be your device.
    Nothing to fear but fear itself
    IGN: SpaceGhost

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    A little thing I would like to see looked into is the activation of the on summon ability of cards like Death Mage Thaddeus and Thundersrtike Construct and how these abilities prevent you from not being able to change your mind and summon something else once triggered.
    "Is he a man? Or, is he a mango?" - Gondorian

Join our Telegram Community.

Join Shadow Era on Social Media: Facebook|Twitter

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by SEF Mango View Post
    A little thing I would like to see looked into is the activation of the on summon ability of cards like Death Mage Thaddeus and Thundersrtike Construct and how these abilities prevent you from not being able to change your mind and summon something else once triggered.
    Bump! i also wanted to mention this. Probably it is related to shown card to opponent. But there are some other targeted abilities that u can change ur mind, show to opponent and still you can take it back.

I also added another issue regarding summon abilities to feedback section which is: When Stardust Actualizer summons a cards, the summond card's ability on summon works. But targeted abilities do not work. I think adding this would improve the mechanics so good related to Stardust Actualizer. It would also make sense to use Stardust Transfuser alongside the Actualizer as both being Elemental Allies.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ledrahan View Post
    Bump! i also wanted to mention this. Probably it is related to shown card to opponent. But there are some other targeted abilities that u can change ur mind, show to opponent and still you can take it back.
    Agreed - same with spectral sabre.

Why not change the rating system to the 50 highest scoring matches you've won this season rather than just your last 50 in total? Would encourage players to keep trying to get their rating up so they can score more and replace their lower scoring matches.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by SEF Mango View Post
    The reason for this is because once an ally is summoned it is considered 'in play'

You wouldn't be able to change your mind about summoning an ally without an on summon ability, so the same rule applies to allies that do

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    Ross014 - Intrepid Learner of Secrets
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn