Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Could Exile be considered a real gaming area?

Could Exile be considered a real gaming area?

If Exile were a defined and visible area on the battlefield, new mechanics could be exploited.
    For example, the abilities of the exile area could be activated with shadow energy or remove resource from game.

It could be an evolution of game mechanics that would make sense to implement some major future releases (v.5.xx or v.6.xx)
    IGN: 17 indastria
    Telegram contact: @indastria

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree 100 percent the exile mechanism is very lack of used since we don't use many cards with it

Europe Regional (Winter 2012) 3rd Place Maximont's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    By definition then Exile means something is removed from the game. Seems something of a contradiction if the game can continue to interact with cards that have been Exiled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Maximont - Seeker of Truth
    Knight of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think that "exile" was invented for cards that should't be retrieved from graveyard. "This card can be used only once and done" - get out of the whole game!!!

It works perfectly, but than they released Racksul: Warped Desert and completely ruined it. Now there is mechanic to recycle exiled cards (which is not good I think).

Exiled area sounds to me like another graveyard. Do we really need two graveyards? And the word "exile" sounds me like exile from the game. Means that card can't be used again in this same game, period.

That's just my opinion. But I understand that exile area can bring some new mechanics to game... so why not.
    IGN: TJ Maskee - Proud member of Team Juggernauts !

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    They should add remove from play grave and make card revolve around that
    In-game name = TJ FallenAngel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Its fine either way. It certainly works for games like Yugioh.

Personally, I'd rather exile remain what it is: remove it from the game, and stay removed. Racksul: Warped Desert is fine because it is very limited in how it can retrieve things.

However, I say its fine either way because there can always be new ways implemented to ensure cards stay removed, even if an Exiled Zone becomes a thing. Using Yugioh as an example again, after banished cards became more accessible, they started implementing costs and effects that banish cards face down, which prevents most cards from being able to retrieve them. There are literally about 3 cards (out of about 9000) that can put face down banished cards back into the game, and those cards are only used in niche decks.