Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Scholar / Connection - absurd?

Anyone else think this is a bit nuts?

Priest decks with t2 Divine connnection and t3 zailen scholar Playing out 8+ resources worth of cards on t3 including a draw engine that gives 2 extra cards a turn and a 3/8 ally that gives you an extra draw each turn and 2 more if it's killed.

Oh and it's not a glass cannon either. Even if you the ally thier hand is full again next turn.

Definition of NPE?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This is last month's news. Deck is fragile to cheap kills and bad draws. People were up in arms against scholar but time has proved that it's nothing special.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I just lost to my first preist in a month for the very reasons Ford put forth. Is it cool? Absolutely. Is it OP? Absolutely not.
    Currently 53-20 in organized play for 2018

Black Templars - No Remorse, No Fear, No Pity

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by BT InzektrHornet View Post
    I just lost to my first preist in a month for the very reasons Ford put forth. Is it cool? Absolutely. Is it OP? Absolutely not.

I've just got back into the game so not familiar with what may or may not have been covered on this. Just ran into two priests that dropped the same t3 combo back to back and seems almost impossible to get past.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yup. Ford was one of the people not happy with the deck.

Thing is that the allies have so many weaknesses like Retreat! And Sink Hole.

Some decks will find this aggressive priest too much to deal with but otherwise, it shouldn’t really be a large issue unless you are playing something like a weapon hero and can’t deal enough damage through Tome of Blessings.

If they get that start, it can be an issue. I won’t lie.

Out of curiosity, what deck were you playing when you faced it?
    Last edited by SEF Mango; 05-08-2018 at 09:08 AM.
    "Is he a man? Or, is he a mango?" - Gondorian

Join our Telegram Community.

Join Shadow Era on Social Media: Facebook|Twitter

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by SEF Mango View Post
    Yup. Ford was one of the people not happy with the deck.

Thing is that the allies have so many weaknesses like Retreat! And Sink Hole.

Some decks will find this aggressive priest too much to deal with but otherwise, it shouldn’t really be a large issue unless you are playing something like a weapon hero and can’t deal enough damage through Tome of Blessings.

If they get that start, it can be an issue. I won’t lie.

Out of curiosity, what deck were you playing when you faced it?
    I play Amber mostly so possibly a bad match up but it seems like even if u kill the early threats they have huge tempo and draw advantages. Retreat is pointless as they just replay those whole hand next turn again.

Between this and elemental rush it seems like you can end up a bystander in your own games which isn't much fun.

Maybe I just need to adjust to the new meta and accept that an aggressive Amber deck is just not going to cut it I the current environment? Amber needs to wait to t4 to play out 6 resources of cards which just seems too slow many times.

Darkclaw has access to near infinite sledgehammer and now does Jewelers dream better than Amber anyway. Maybe I'm just being forced to change it up?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree, the priests are too o.p. In general. They have too many good cards. Can do anything, heal, crazy attachement combos, great draw card abilites, shit, they can even draw like 10 attachments with only 5 resources with right allies. Waterfall to just do a siimple reset and start over. Tomb of blessing way too op. All damage less by 2, and only a 2 cost, get outta here, safe return with waterfall, gtf outta here. Priests actually make me want to quit playing shadow era in general now. Just pisses me off everytime i play one. I have beaten some, but they annoy the f outta me. They need to supe up all the other heros if they keep priests the way they are. Warriors dont have crap to deal with all that priest stuff being thrown that way.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidrek Rampant View Post
    Between this and elemental rush it seems like you can end up a bystander in your own games which isn't much fun.
    Thank god they bothered to ban old cards where you ended up being a bystander in your own games!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by TitaniumWhite View Post
    Thank god they bothered to ban old cards where you ended up being a bystander in your own games!
    Sarcasm? Not sure. Into the forest was a problem because there was literally nothing most players could do about it. Lay low not so much and reaper and armour were meta warping for elemental.

I just don't like reducing games down to who goes first and did you get your combo or not.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have been gone for awhile too. Knew nothing about this deck really. Untill i read this and realized i just crashedit with a Fatty Zhanna. They actually quit early on before i doppred a fatty. Couple banishes an zailyns hymm made them a sore loser lol. They palyed with Jericho
    Nothing to fear but fear itself
    IGN: SpaceGhost