Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Fan Fiction Contest - Chapter 2- Disciple of Aldmor

Chapter 2 for our Fan Fiction Contest.

A once very much played and impactful card, Disciple of Aldmor.

This card deserves some love after it has been long forgotten and no longer a popular choice to play with. It is also a challenging one in my opinion to make a story on so I am curious how you guys will do.

Again, the winner will be judged by me and will receive 1,000 Shadow Crystals.

Deadline will be Monday May 26.

The only rule is that your fan fiction cannot be so long that it requires a double post. Other than that, have at it and good luck!!!
    Last edited by SEF Mango; 05-10-2018 at 02:14 AM.
    "Is he a man? Or, is he a mango?" - Gondorian

Join our Telegram Community.

Join Shadow Era on Social Media: Facebook|Twitter

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Bump

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Bump again for people (who are hopefully just working on their stories). We need more entries this time. I've already got something, but holding off on posting to revise it some.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    *Bump*

So, is seriously no one else gonna take part in this? I don't even want to bother posting mine if I'm gonna be the only one that does so.

Also, clarification on the deadline. It says Monday May 26th, but the 26th is a Saturday. Monday is either the 21st or 28th. Either way, maybe the deadline should be extended to try and at least get some other people doing this.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."

Member of PFG3
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well, since no one else seems interested in this, here's mine. Jarai is the name I gave the Disciple by the way.

"What do you mean shipwrecked!?" Jarai shouted at the ship captain. "Where in the name of the Ancients are we?" "Ummmm, that's the thing, Oh Disciple of the Great Aldmor" mumbled the captain timidly. "We have no clue where we are. Last night while you were meditating on your ascension, we seem to have sailed through some sort of portal, and now all our navigational equipment is malfunctioning." "Impossible," Jarai muttered to herself "Shadow Energy
    powered navigational systems are infallible." But sure enough upon checking all of the charts, it certainly appeared that they had sailed right into some sort of void.

Unbeknownst to Jarai and her crew the portal they had sailed through was a Shadow Gate, which had landed them in the Shadow world of Orem, rather than their intended port of Ravensclaw. "Well this is just great." grumbled Jarai,as she grabbed her Darklight Lantern and stormed off the ship and onto the shore. This land was unlike any that Jarai had ever witnessed before, as it was covered in strange formations which appeared to be giant bones. "What are these thing?" Jarai thought to herself. As Jarai ventured further, she began to get the feeling that she was being watched. All of a sudden, her Lantern shone brightly and in response Jarai conjured a magical shield around her which blocked a ball of fire which had been hurled at her from the shadows. "Who goes there?!" shouted Jarai as she waved her Lantern about, at last revealing an Elven female lurking amongst the bones. Jarai let out a small gasp as she viewed a Shadow Crystal in the Elf's hand.

"That is a question I really should be asking you" the Elf replied. "We tend to not take to kindly to intruders here in Orem." "I can see that by the way you attacked me just then" Jarai responded. "I take it that most do not survive such a strike." "Yes, most are too weak to have any hope of survival" the Elf replied. "But through their suffering I learn more about each one of them, and knowledge is power. Incidentally, you simply must tell me how it is that you are able to block my attack." "I don't give up such secrets to just anybody" Jarai replied. "Well," said the Elf, "if you ever wish to get wherever it is you're going in that ship of yours, perhaps you will tell me, as I can help you repair that wreck, and, much like yourself, I don't just offer my help and knowledge for nothing
    in return either." Jarai looked around, realizing she didn't have much choice but to accept the Elf's offer. "Alright," said Jarai begrudgingly, "just get us out of this place quickly." "Wise choice" replied the Elf. "Follow me, it is not smart to stay out here long, what with the Seril Great Beasts and Baduruu as he hunts them. I doubt you'd have as much luck at dodging his bows." As she followed the Elf, Jarai's mind was full of even more doubts than just those.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."

Member of PFG3
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mine is almost done
    Currently 53-20 in organized play for 2018

Black Templars - No Remorse, No Fear, No Pity

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Asha carefully unrolled a scroll in her father's library. The tent served as many things for the chief. War room, study, meeting place, and living quarters. She looked up from her reading to see him hunched over a table. Arms stretching out a battle map.

"Father..." She said "What do you know of the shadow crystals?"
    "They have great power, married with great peril." He said without looking up.

Enough time passed for Asha to finish reading. She rolled the scroll and crossed the room to the shelves, lightly tapping the scroll against her hand while she decided on what she would read next.

"If you found a shadow crystal, what would you do with it?" she asked.
    "I would travel to the nearest sea, and throw it in." He replied.

She was taken aback.

"But father, it could make you great! I've heard of a hunter who possesses one. He can wither a man to the strength of a child from great distances. Another minotaur uses one to kill in a single blow."

The chief looked up from his map. "As I said, great power... and yet great peril as well." He replied.

Asha was perplexed. "We worship the keeper of shadow energy, we manipulate the flow of it to bring our tribes victory, what peril have we faced?"

Her father grew perturbed. "Have you seen the apprentices, daughter?" He answered. "They magnify the flow, yet it has made them so meek, they can not even fight. The interceptors use it to stun the enemy, but are then exhausted beyond use. Even I must muster all I can to banish an enemy, then I must retreat or be killed." He realized he was raising his voice. Pausing he continued. "We respect the power. We worship the keeper of the power, so that when he comes, we are found favorable in his eyes. We do not seek it. We do not lavish in it. It is a tool, not an identity."

Asha now grew angry. Her curiosity and lust for understanding always got the better of her. "I wish to seek it. If it is capable of these things, what else is it capable of? What secrets does it hold?"

He slammed his fists into the table. The map bounced and rolled onto itself. "You will not! You are my only heir in this tribe! What do you wish to learn? Do you wish to learn what the ancients knew? Why the energy empowers the spirit, yet drains the body? Why it requires our slavery for it's own purposes? Some secrets are best left forgotten."

Asha placed the scroll on a shelf, and left the tent. Her curiosity and lust for understanding always did get the better of her.
    Last edited by BT InzektrHornet; 05-27-2018 at 08:26 AM.
    Currently 53-20 in organized play for 2018

Black Templars - No Remorse, No Fear, No Pity

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have decided to extend this another week. I will be posting about it in game chat. Hopefully we get some submissions

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by SEF Mango View Post
    I have decided to extend this another week. I will be posting about it in game chat. Hopefully we get some submissions
    When is this ending? I'm interested in writing contests!

Old player here, recently stalking the new updates.
    The Corinthian of Dreams
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The parapet of vines hindered his vision as he traversed each branch, each arm of these mighty, towering darkwood that inhabit this forest. The arboreal tapestry formed by these deciduous giants make every inch of these woods almost similar in every direction.

But his step is sure, his intent leading him to his prey with as much confidence as each tip of his poison-soaked arrows. For Victor is no ordinary tracker. He was born from the Matahyas – selected from birth, bastard child of woodland beings, of demigods and things that remain unnamed.

He is the forest.

He stopped and closed his eyes.

His breathing slowed as he felt his surroundings.

Amidst the sudden silence, the branches beneath him shattered into a multitude of specks and needles, as clawed hands emerged from the foliage below. But before those ravenous talons could reach him, Victor had already leaped ahead.

In a single motion, he turned towards his assailant in midair – his bow coming off from his shoulders, an arrow perched from his fingers, his eyes piercing through the glow of his enemy’s gaze as he aimed and pulled.

One perfect shot was all it took to put the minotaur out of his misery.

Victor observed his kill, surprised. Not at the ebony horns of this beast, or the steel-like veins from its muscled arms. He thought his prey was a lone hunter.

This is new, and he knew he had to send word to the Brotherhood. His wulven quarry is adapting to their strategy and is starting to employ creatures from the shadows.

Victor spun around as he sensed an unnatural aura emanating from within the wall of vines and trees and blackness.

An eerie green light emerged. Victor gripped his bow.

The shadows danced against the luminescent glow, slowly revealing each limb, each strand of hair seemingly “moving” as if surrounded by water.

From the blackness came a woman.

“Aldmor,” whispered Victor, lifting his bow to meet the woman’s slow, measured strides.

In a burst of energy, the veins on Victors arm turned black as he summoned an arrow from his deepest, most cruel nightmares. The arrow took form in a split-second, his mind creating every miniscule detail. As he pulled and released, he let his heart guide the arrow to his target – this somber enchantress.

There were no sparks, no sound, not even a flash as the arrow connected.

Victor breathed, loudly. One could even say it was a gasp, if a Heartstriker was even capable of one.

Before him, stood the woman – unharmed – stoic and treading towards him as gently as a feather riding the cold, harsh autumn wind.

And cold it was for Victor, who never met a man or woman he could not strike down. Dragons, minotaurs, giants, not even these pseudo-magical Aldmor – wretches that they are – could withstand him. At least, until now.

The moon shone on Victor’s face.

The gods have not graced the land with a full moon in a while. It was beautiful, Victor thought to himself.

A long, guttural howl permeated the air – a perfect symphony in these dead woods.

As Victor stared back at the woman, several hulking figures started to emerge from the shadows – bolting like lighting – towards him.

But it wasn’t those monsters that filled his mind at that moment. His eyes remained fixed at the woman, this anomaly among Aldmor, seething with corruption and unholy energy.

What has she sacrificed to attain this power? Victor thought to himself one last time as he turned his eyes back to the lonely, unforgiving moon.
    Last edited by Dilirio; 06-11-2018 at 08:34 PM. Reason: Added a space between 2 paragraphs.
    The Corinthian of Dreams
    Greatness, Reborn