Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Tutorial game against Majiya

So I just downloaded this game and seem to already be stuck in the tutorial games. I am at the 7th tutorial game, the one against Majiya. I am using Lance as my hero. For the life of me I cannot beat her. She keeps destroying me with her fireballs that deal 3 damage and that one card that deals 2 damage to each of four allies. It seems that my deck simply doesnt have any cards to answer these and the swarm of allies she puts out each turn. Any helpful tips to beat this Majiya person? I would guess I am missing something hugely important, since a tutorial on easy mode shouldn't be this difficult...so what am I missing? lol
    And yes, I do suck, very much lol, that's why I am here, I want to learn how to be better. I suck at all card and strategy games, but that doesn't mean I'm going to give up.
    Thanks for any tips!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Spelleater Bands will destroy her. You may also want to try out cards such as Kurt Whitehelm, Priest of the Light and Honoured Dead.
    GMT +13
    IGN: Exterminans
    Champion of Shadow Era for New Zealand
    Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsdrJmXzISs

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    where can I get enough gold to get those cards? I looked them up and the spelleater costs 600 gold, and the priest costs 450. I only would have enough gold to buy 1 single copy of 1 of those cards.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyzzyerd View Post
    where can I get enough gold to get those cards? I looked them up and the spelleater costs 600 gold, and the priest costs 450. I only would have enough gold to buy 1 single copy of 1 of those cards.
    Hi. Grab yourself some free booster packs here and sell some of the cards you don't want: http://shadowera.com/welcome

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Welcome to the game! You'll find that this game has a lot of nuance and answering questions like this can be difficult. I will say though, that this has to be one of Lance's worst matchups. I would focus on establishing feild presence as fast as possible and making sure you take minimal damage from her allies. (Meaning kill them first). In SE, most games are won by building a board that can take down the opposing hero faster than the opponents board can theirs. If you can I would also highly encouraged downloading Telegram, and joining our shadow era groups there there are many many people that would love to help you learn more about the game.
    Currently 53-20 in organized play for 2018

Black Templars - No Remorse, No Fear, No Pity

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    So after about 30 tries I finally beat Majiya...only to be stuck on Eladwen now...I must be missing something, because this seems impossible. She goes first, puts out an ally turn1, then I put out an ally turn 2 and she immediately kills it next turn before it gets a chance to attack. Then the same thing goes on and on and on until I'm dead. Every time I put out an ally it just gets killed by either another enemy, that stupid fireball spell, or eladwens shadow ability. I don't understand how to win here. It is getting very frustrating after so many fails. It feels like I am always behind in the board state no matter what I do. She even gets to start the game with that stupid tome out on the field, seems kinda cheap to me......So I dunno, I don't WANT to give up, but this feels impossible now, unless I get verrrry lucky, which I think really is how I beat Majiya. Maybe I just need better cards already? I got the free boosters, but don't know what to add or take out of my deck...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    OMG!!!!!!! Fireball, fireball, Eladwens ability, fireball, lightning strike, lightning strike, Eladwens ability, supernova, supernova...How in the hell am I supposed to defend against that? Just when I thought I almost had it...then I get frozen, disabled, then that ridiculous string of spells...This is just beyond the point of cheap, and into the realm of stupid now. Lance's deck sucks sooooo much, I have no answers to ANY of what Eladwen chucks at me. I just feel powerless and hopeless. Beginning levels should NOT BE THIS IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sorry, this is just frustrating, aggravating and hurting my head.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Just do first 50 gold 5min quest u can get 600 in less then hour

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Where do I find this "50 gold 5 min. quest"? All I see is the campaign and multiplayer. And I cant play multiplayer because apparantly a card in my starter deck is banned, and I don't know enough about this game to be able to replace it, because I can't get past the friggin tutorial campaign

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think he meant you can defeat AI in 5 min and get 50gold per win.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla