Close

Threaded View

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Rumsey's CPU Deck Modification: Featuring Top Decks from Top Players

Hey everyone, the excitement of the first Player Tournament today inspired me to write this little tool. This tool is based on the work done in my other thread. What you're looking at is a tool that modifies the AI decks for offline single player testing. In future versions I plan to allow for fully user customized decks, but in the mean time I have the next best thing - the finalist decks from the first Player Tournament!

If you followed the matches in today's tournament you'll know how exciting the final was between Yaemon and LyingDragon. In a best 2 out of 3 match, the first game resulted in draw when Yaemon self destructed killing both players and saving himself from losing position beautifully. Yaemon went on to win 2 more in a row making him the current Shadow Era Champion!

This patch will allow you to test YOUR deck against Yaemon's tourney winning Majiya deck and LyingDragon's decisively strong second place Jericho deck. My hope is this will help casual players to improve their deck quality by testing against top decks without having to play bad redundant CPU decks or having to face off online against other mediocre decks.

The requirement for this patch is that you are running the stand alone PC version of Shadow Era. Sorry Mac users (and portable players), maybe I can remedy this in future versions. You'll need to have logged in to SE and set up the deck you'd like to use. After that you need to close Shadow Era completely, run my program, and then launch Shadow Era again and click Offline in the bottom left corner. Once that's done you'll see Jericho and Majiya on the world map, click on them and you'll get a brief description of the decks.

That's all for now! Enjoy testing against some of the best battle tested decks in the game. Leave comments letting me know what you like or hate, and if you're interested in seeing further updates to this tool.

UPDATE: Now officially allowed!
    Download the deck modification beta here
    Thanks to Unfan for beta testing.
    Thanks to Yaemon and LyingDragon for use of their great decks.

Video Demonstration (iPad)

edit 5/24: update incoming...
    Last edited by rumsey; 05-25-2011 at 01:56 AM.