Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Chaos Engine is imbalanced

EDIT: I realized the card is called Chaos Engine

I waited a bit because there're probably many wrong cards in Lost Lands 2, but I think there's no need to wait more for this one.
    I understand that its purpose is giving specifically tailored cards for underused heroes, but what's the point of +1 Shadow Energy given by this card?
    As of now there're two scenarios: I play vs Ter Adun and I can avoid to cast items, so Ter Adun is weak and Chaos Engine doesn't make him less weak.
    Or I am using an hero who needs to summon weapons / items and Ter Adun is a bad matchup. The usual workaround is to summon another item when he destroys the first one; but with Chaos Engine on board he will be able to destroy a lot more of them and I will only end up feeding even more, which means that I can quit at turn 3 if I don't find an easy way to destroy Chaos Engine.
    I can be fine with giving additional draw to Ter Adun, but the shadow energy boost seems to only enhance bad/good matchups for him, which is not something nice to see in a game where matchups are already very important.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have yet to see chaos engine outside of ravager ter decks. It is supposed to boost that archetype to finally raise ter out of garbage tier. The point of the +1 se is to boost your ability to kill your own items. If you happen to play a deck relying on item, tough shit, bad matchup happens. It's not like ter suddenly became op. It has just became playable.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Chaos engine does need adjusting at some point...but it isn't nearly as imbalanced as a 1cc ally with 4 health and steadfast (and easy buff to high attack) while most heroes have no good option at 1cc. The worst part is this set gave so many additions to EVERY class except rogue (which used to be my favorite...now I'd stick to priest or mage, but I hate playing as both of those). There are way more cards in this new set that suck the fun out of the game than any of the cards on the ban list ever did. Time for a break for me. For those that like the new set, stick with it and get it balanced!
    Last edited by Shadow Mann; 04-23-2018 at 11:00 PM.
    Avenger of Valhalla
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Chaos Engine is fine as is.

It gives you an advantage against item based decks like Hunters and Rogues. However, it is not great against decks without items to target and pump your SE.

Sure you can destroy your own things but that usually means, you spend turns 2-5 setting up. So, you don’t really get to maximize the benefits of it. Also, you likely die by then against Mage or even Amber.

I have many games where it just sits there and does nothing at all. I have other games where it helps me throttle my opponent.

It is not like every game you play you win because of Engine. Play 50 games with Ter Adun Ravager. You will see how it is not OP

I see it as a nice balance to the Meta. Hunters grabbed a nice new trap and an ally to help fetch it. Ter adun getting stronger helps keep that style at bay.

Also, you are looking to remove the only way Ter can really be competitive. That I do not want to see.
    Last edited by SEF Mango; 04-25-2018 at 08:17 AM.
    "Is he a man? Or, is he a mango?" - Gondorian

Join our Telegram Community.

Join Shadow Era on Social Media: Facebook|Twitter

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by SEF Mango View Post
    I have many games where it just sits there and does nothing at all. I have other games where it helps me throttle my opponent.
    That's the problem of the card and why it's so bad for the game. I was using DC now, I faced a Teradun and quit at turn 1. There's no point in going on with that fake game.

I played Ter Adun ravager and I know it's not OP. As Shadowmann pointed out there are probably many more OP cards out there, in fact I never stated that Chaos Engine makes Ter Adun a tier 0 hero. It just removes the fun in many games involving Ter Adun if you play chaos early.

Your comment about hunters and traps makes no sense at all, since almost any class got new tools and I don't see a meta dominated by hunters or other particular heroes.

Inviato dal mio SM-J330FN utilizzando Tapatalk

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think if you're running Chaos Engine in any deck outside of Ravager Ter Adun you're missing the point. The idea is to help him blow his own stuff up more frequently. Ter always had the problem of going against heroes who don't use items so idk why anyone would add a potentially dead card and make his weakness even worse. The problem you're describing is either a made up one or one that exists only for extremely new / bad players.

Its a nice boost for Ravager Ter Adun, I think people have become too used to him not being a real hero and are overestimating how strong he is. Now time to give Logan a weapon that readies him everytime he kills something because let's be honest, Killing Spree is ass.
    GMT +13
    IGN: Exterminans
    Champion of Shadow Era for New Zealand
    Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsdrJmXzISs

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    My comment about hunters was just based on my time in the Test Server and the constant supply of hunters that i faced with Ter and shut them down hard.

Hunters were the favorite Hero class in the test server with Skervox and Victor getting so much play along with Darkclaw and fatty Moonstalker. It seemed and Ter helped calm the excitement of hunters.

The issue here with Chaos Engine is that this deck counters your deck. That is the way the game is supposed to be. Especially with DC who now has Tinker and can constantly pump the durability of weapons. So, even if you can break 1 weapon, the next one could last a long time while your ability charges.

There are good match ups and bad match ups. You build your deck around maximizing your win potential against the field knowing that if you happen to run into Ter Adun, you will likely lose.

That is not a bad thing for the game at all. That is called balance.
    Last edited by SEF Mango; 05-03-2018 at 09:01 PM.
    "Is he a man? Or, is he a mango?" - Gondorian

Join our Telegram Community.

Join Shadow Era on Social Media: Facebook|Twitter