Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

So now a Elemental Hero have Ythan and Zhanna's skill, am I right?

I don't want to talk Stardust Actualizer here even it's very OP already.
    Let's talk about Regression Chamber, this Artifact can let ally hit twice and heal all damage, with 2 durability! So now a Elemental Hero have Ythan and Zhanna's skill, with only one shadow energy! am I right?

Oh I forget that they also have Lance‘s skill now, they can let their ally attack immediately now.
    I also forget they have Jericho's skill, they can remove any attachment or negative effect on the ally now.

So one artifact let Elemental have another 4 heros' skill, that's very cool and balance! I hope you add more function on it. How about let that ally make double damage, just like Garth's skill? or maybe let that ally become protector, like Tala's skill? I think that's a good idea.
    Last edited by ericxp; 04-25-2018 at 10:46 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Wrong. They need one card, four resources, and a shadow energy. Plus an ally on board and hopes that the opponent doesn't destroy their chamber either.

So... Not exactly the same things.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    With the right setup, the combination can be very strong.

I see what you mean. I just have to ask have you tried it yourself? It is not as easy to pull off as you think. If you are able to have your ally live, a big ally, and activate chamber to use a double attack, congratulations! It does not happen nearly as much as you would think. It is tough to set up.

A great combination but needs quite a bit to accomplish.
    "Is he a man? Or, is he a mango?" - Gondorian

Join our Telegram Community.

Join Shadow Era on Social Media: Facebook|Twitter

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ericxp View Post
    I don't want to talk Stardust Actualizer here even it's very OP already.
    Let's talk about Regression Chamber, this Artifact can let ally hit twice and heal all damage, with 2 durability! So now a Elemental Hero have Ythan and Zhanna's skill, and no need shadow energy, am I right?
    Yeah, the card is busted. Not only does it allow you to attack twice and/or heal, it grants haste and removes negative effects/attachments. It does in a single card what a handful of other cards/activation costs do. I lodged some balance suggestions during testing but it was already flagged as too strong and durability was reduced. My other suggestions are below. I'm not suggesting that all of these changes should be made, one of them might help balance it.

1. Raising the cost to activate to 2SE.
    2. Removing the "lose ability" function. I understand it's meant to be able to be used with the new Steadfast allies, but various Classes rely on "soft" removal to deal with threats (such as Crippling Blow as opposed to "hard" removal such as destroy or direct damage effects). This kind of soft removal is weaker than hard removal options and being able to "blink" Steadfast allies runs counter to the very idea of Steadfast.
    3. Make it usable on non-Aldmor allies only. You can only regress so far.

Quote Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
    Wrong. They need one card, four resources, and a shadow energy. Plus an ally on board and hopes that the opponent doesn't destroy their chamber either.

So... Not exactly the same things.
    You are doing all those thing anyway. You are gaining resources to play your cards. You are playing your cards. These aren't costs, they're mechanics. You are playing allies to use with Chamber anyways. You get to use it before they have the opportunity to destroy it. Play it with Metamorphic Cloak and Permeate for extra fun.

Quote Originally Posted by SEF Mango View Post

I see what you mean. I just have to ask have you tried it yourself? It is not as easy to pull off as you think. If you are able to have your ally live, a big ally, and activate chamber to use a double attack, congratulations! It does not happen nearly as much as you would think. It is tough to set up.

Yes, I've made the deck. No, it doesn't win every game. But the costs of this single card are not commensurate to the effects when compared to what it does.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by d31m View Post
    Yeah, the card is busted. Not only does it allow you to attack twice and/or heal, it grants haste and removes negative effects/attachments. It does in a single card what a handful of other cards/activation costs do. I lodged some balance suggestions during testing but it was already flagged as too strong and durability was reduced. My other suggestions are below. I'm not suggesting that all of these changes should be made, one of them might help balance it.

1. Raising the cost to activate to 2SE.
    2. Removing the "lose ability" function. I understand it's meant to be able to be used with the new Steadfast allies, but various Classes rely on "soft" removal to deal with threats (such as Crippling Blow as opposed to "hard" removal such as destroy or direct damage effects). This kind of soft removal is weaker than hard removal options and being able to "blink" Steadfast allies runs counter to the very idea of Steadfast.
    3. Make it usable on non-Aldmor allies only. You can only regress so far.

You are doing all those thing anyway. You are gaining resources to play your cards. You are playing your cards. These aren't costs, they're mechanics. You are playing allies to use with Chamber anyways. You get to use it before they have the opportunity to destroy it. Play it with Metamorphic Cloak and Permeate for extra fun.

Yes, I've made the deck. No, it doesn't win every game. But the costs of this single card are not commensurate to the effects when compared to what it does.
    Your suggestion have a fault in it:
    2. If you can't use it on steadfast ally, you might as well just not use it at all, considering that almost all elemental class allies worth playing have steadfast
    Last edited by fordfff; 04-25-2018 at 02:31 PM. Reason: I can't read like a man

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by SEF Mango View Post

Mango, Mango, are you kidding me? I seldom see other heros' allys are more than Elemental, they have 1cc ally with 4 health, they have 325 ally which drag another one, they have 423 ally which can carry Reactorary on. Let me tell you, from the video I watch, most of the time, Elemental have much more ally than opponent and they win the game with hero no harm. Do you know what that mean? The opponent even can't make damage on Elemental hero. They try best to resist, to kill Elemental's ally, but still failed,

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ericxp View Post
    Mango, Mango, are you kidding me? I seldom see other heros' allys are more than Elemental, they have 1cc ally with 4 health, they have 325 ally which drag another one, they have 423 ally which can carry Reactorary on. Let me tell you, from the video I watch, most of the time, Elemental have much more ally than opponent and they win the game with hero no harm. Do you know what that mean? The opponent even can't make damage on Elemental hero. They try best to resist, to kill Elemental's ally, but still failed,
    "Elemental have much more ally than opponent" that's kind of the plan. With reaper banned, elementals got severely limited in viable game plans. And when that plan falls apart elemental just dies.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I find the issue right now is with the 1coat ally. I have heated these Elemental decks just fine. Chamber can make it interesting but that little ally that can grow so quickly is issue, not Chamber.
    "Is he a man? Or, is he a mango?" - Gondorian

Join our Telegram Community.

Join Shadow Era on Social Media: Facebook|Twitter

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm gonna throw this out there for you all to evaluate. I don't think regression chamber is broken. It just has amazing synergy with the elemental card pool. The issue with this is, the elemental card pool has very good synergy... But no other card pool has that amount of synergy. The issue is a design issue across multiple card pools, not a specific card.
    Currently 53-20 in organized play for 2018

Black Templars - No Remorse, No Fear, No Pity

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I saw some people failed to notice that it can only be used on elemental allies, how many good elemental allies are there? I know before this set there was really only a small handful maybe 2 or 3 that saw much play....stardust extractor and reactory being the main two... reactory is actually just average tbh.

Also elemental allies are typically understatted and relying on abilities for value.

I noticed the wording on the card is just slightly ambiguous, “ loses all abilities” could someone please clarify how it works. will that ally lose any attatchments when exiled?

I know technically “abilities” could be referring to several things.,. either passive abilities, ability attatchments, or ability actives, or all of the above. But I think generally all other cards of a similar nature specify. It will say “remove all attachments” or “loses all passive abilities” etc
    Last edited by Nijjis; 05-06-2018 at 06:07 AM.