Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Fan Fiction Contest - Chapter 1 - Tainted Oracle

Yoyo everyone!

I decided I still have too much Shadow Crystals just sitting in my account so I wanted to think of a fun way to have a contest and give them away.

So, I have decided to give everyone the opportunity to win 1,000 Shadow Crystals by winning a Fan Fiction Contest. I will be the sole judge. I might ask for others opinions but i will render final judgement.

The way it will work is simple:

I create a thread and give a card that I want to see Fan Fictions submitted for.

Submit your fan fictions on the created thread.

This week, as it says in the title, is Tainted Oracle.

Please make sure your post does not exceed the character limit and is broken up into two or more posts. Just one post please.

The deadline for submission will be Friday May 4th 10pm GMT +0.

Good luck you guys!
    Last edited by SEF Mango; 04-22-2018 at 06:38 AM.
    "Is he a man? Or, is he a mango?" - Gondorian

Join our Telegram Community.

Join Shadow Era on Social Media: Facebook|Twitter

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nice! I haven't written any fan fiction before, but hey, seems like fun, I'll see what I can come up with.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

I know this might be a silly question but what exactly do you mean by a chat box? Are you referring to the one I am using to post this reply? I’m super interested in this and you’re awesome for hosting it bro. Can you please PM me or post here more detailed instructions for slower people such as myself? 😅

in the Graveyard,Amongst the fallen blades
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The Violent storm raged across balor. It was that time of the year. Where lightning storms were most violent, and deadly. This never stopped Nishaven before. But tonight he was determined and worried . Becasue of the mysterious artifact he carried. A shiny, peculiar Crystal. That surged with tremondus power. He had to know the fate of balor.

Lightning struck, and a strong gale deafining all those inside the College. There was a robed man taken aback by the sudden appearance of the mighty Thunder mage. "Ah Nishaven. What a pleasant surprise. What brings you here?
    You are quite far from home. I sense you have troubles clouding your mind. I see you have something for me" Nishaven wasn't surprised the Oracle knew he had something for him. He expected it. "Yes my good friend" Nishaven greeted " rothem found this Artifact below his castle and has corrupted his mind. I sense there will be greater danger. I need to see the fate of balor and what this crystal may bring" he said with fear in his voice. "That sounds troublesome" the Oracle responded. His tone sounding concerned. Bring it over here and let's have a look."

The crystal was quite large. Size of a small cat. It's glow was raident with a dark purple. The power that came from within was overwhelming. The Oracle looked at Nishaven.
    "If anything happens do your best to save yourself and my pupils." Nishaven nodded his hands on his hips in a defensive posture. The Oracle put his hands on the crystal. The entire room shined brightly. It even blinded Nishaven. The Oracle felt he was sucked into the crystal itself seeing visions. Terrible visions. Necromancers rasing Defeated warriors, kingdoms being conquered by the hand of rothem. Death of the innocence being spilled. He heard a whisper " we are coming Oracle join us" he heard the same message being repeated thousands of times every second with Manic laughter repeating over and over. The power from this crystal was overwhelming his mind, being diluted. What was good? what was evil? As he felt all hope was lost. He saw brave warriors all over balor uniting under a single banner being lead by a Powerful Archmage. "Loest" he whispered. As both good and evil clashed the crystal broke and heard the screams of suffering. The crystal rejected before he could see Hope.

As the light faded Nishaven could see again. The Oracle was diffrent. He seemed corrupt. Tainted by evil.
    "No" Nishaven said "not you too!" Getting ready to cast a spell, the Oracle held his hand and with a deep voice he said. " it is fine. I am on your side. The crystal tried corrupting me till I saw hope" he explained what he saw and warned Nishaven that the events can never be prevented. They will be necessary for the sake of humanity. And told him to find Loest and seek his aid. For Loest was expecting him. " Nishaven, Let the future be I will accept both life and death" with that he collapsed to the ground. Nishaven went to his side, checked his pulse.
    He was dead. With that he left and went too seek Loest.
    For the battles ahead of him were Immenint. He had to do his part and save Balor, even if it meant death
    Last edited by Leviosablade; 04-22-2018 at 04:05 AM.
    Avenger Of The Fallen Blade,
    Warriors Of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness , Reborn

LDL CHAMPION 23 APR 13
    Season 15 Ranking: 65
    Season 22 Ranking: 88

Blue Phoneix Guild Leader

JOIN THE MOST EPIC GUILD EVER: Warriors of The Blue Phoenix

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread.php?19877-Guild-Warriors-of-the-Blue-Phoenix-Greatness-Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by SD Acolyte View Post
    I know this might be a silly question but what exactly do you mean by a chat box? Are you referring to the one I am using to post this reply? I’m super interested in this and you’re awesome for hosting it bro. Can you please PM me or post here more detailed instructions for slower people such as myself? ��
    Yes, do not exceed the character limit allowed per post. Suppose I should have said it in a less stupid way xD

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Do we post our fan. fic here?
    code cube
    Master of the Ythan Redthorn deck
    "Do not underestimate the determination of a quite man"

Unshakable Champion of Strategy
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yes sir

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Since this is technically ending tomorrow, I figure I should finally get around to posting this:

Deep within the wilderness of Irum, in a secret temple, a robed figure meditated within a shadowy chamber. No doors obscured the entrance, yet one could scarcely see but a few inches into the chamber due to the strange shadow mist that emanated from within. Outside the chamber, a man paced back and forth, impatient as the robed figure could be heard chanting in some strange unknown tongue. "What is taking so long?" the man said to himself. "Loest told me to recruit these Oracles, but this place is not what I expected. It seems corrupted by the Shadows."

The man would have been even more concerned could he have seen inside the chamber. The Oracle sat within the mist, in a deep meditative trance. As he chanted, the deeper into the Shadows he went, until a large beast of pure Shadow was before him. "Bestow upon me your immense power, oh great beast!" the Oracle shouted. A beam of dark energy then shot from the beast into the very soul of the Oracle.

Outside, the man's impatience was almost at its breaking point, when, finally, the Oracle emerged from within the chamber. "I see you grow impatient" the Oracle said. "Fear not, we are ready to serve you with all of our being Oh Great Lightning Mage." As the Oracle walked away, Nishaven looked back toward the chamber and saw two glowing red eyes staring at him from within. "I sure hope Loest was right about these guys", Nishaven thought to himself,
    unable to shake the fear that there might be more Shadow in these Oracles than could be handled.

A group of the Oracles led the way as Nishaven journeyed into the forest. Every now and then a Wild Boar would charge out from the undergrowth, but were quickly struck down by the Oracles. "Horrible, foul smelling creatures," Nishaven muttered to himself, but his thoughts were suddenly interrupted by the screams of two of the lead Oracles, who had been struck down by flaming arrows fired from an unseen source. As Nishaven rushed toward their bodies, a
    shadowy force appeared from the corpses and quickly but briefly enveloped Nishaven in darkness. When he was finally able to see again, Nishaven found the forest in front of him charred to a crisp. "What happened?" Nishaven said to the lead Oracle. "It was the Scheuthian Banebow, Oh Great Lightning Mage" said the Oracle. "He struck down two of us, but their power was transferred to you and allowed you to cast four Fireballs at the hunter, causing him to flee." Still shaken, Nishaven now understood Loest's desire to have the Oracles on their side in this fight.
    Last edited by tman507; 05-04-2018 at 05:35 AM.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."

Member of PFG3
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ok, so, the results are in... I’m surprised only 2 people participated in this

Anyhow, the winner is... BP Tman!

I can’t give a reason why other than I enjoyed the story a bit more on his end with the way he wrote into the story his hero gaining power from the death of the Oracle. I was curious if someone would do that and it was the deciding factor for myself.

Well done to both!

BP Tman, let me know how you want your prize. I can send to you or to another of your choosing.

Thanks again guys, I will start another!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yay! I would've thought more people would've participated too, hopefully next time.

You can send the prize to the account in my signature.

Looking forward to the next one.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."

Member of PFG3
    Greatness, Reborn