I left when SF was still mostly placeholder images. I recently came back from a long break and found that there are a bunch of new cards, awesome. Almost all of it seems to be pretty well balanced but one thing stood out to me as being way too powerful; the allies that search a card and add it to your hand on summon (Braxnorian Weaponsmith, Krugal Trapper and maybe some other ones idk).

This mechanic seems REALLY strong, maybe overly so. I played some Amber today and had a 6 game winning streak, with 4 Braxnorian Weaponsmith putting in serious work. I haven't really tried out the Krugal guy a lot but he looks strong too.

Amber now has the ability to mitigate the damage of not having Blood Frenzy on Turn 3 by at least ensuring that she has Jeweller's dream for Turn 4 while also going +1 in card advantage. She can also search Spectral Sabre (which just got a lot stronger) on a whim if she needs to deal with an attachment.

I don't know whether this has already been discussed, but either way I'm going to be spamming Amber in rated until the new Braxnorian guy gets nerfed, if he ever does. He's just too good.

Tl;dr Costless +1's on summon are generally not healthy. Even less healthy when you get to choose what card you want.