Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Mann View Post
    Most seek cards that were too strong from earlier sets were nerfed to cost 2SE to activate seek ability. Seeking for free on summon seems insane. And most heroes don't have access to a good 1cc ally, yet elementals get a 1cc with 4 health and steadfast that can be easily buffed in attack. Most of the new set seems pretty well balanced so far otherwise though. I'm sure some things will still change but overall they did a good job with this release (even though rogue additions suck overall...so much so that not one new rogue ally has found it's way to stick in my Garth...and I'm using 81 cards!)
    I'm finding most of the new rogue cards underwhelming. The only one that I would have considered using was Dhalia but after the changes it's not worth using. If it was changed to discard ally rather than item then would be much better.

I don't think Weaponsmith is OP though. It makes Amber more consistent but she is still not a T1 hero. I don't think there are currently any Ambers in top 10 rating or score.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipw123 View Post
    I'm finding most of the new rogue cards underwhelming. The only one that I would have considered using was Dhalia but after the changes it's not worth using. If it was changed to discard ally rather than item then would be much better.

I don't think Weaponsmith is OP though. It makes Amber more consistent but she is still not a T1 hero. I don't think there are currently any Ambers in top 10 rating or score.
    You will find 5cc Dhalia's skill even not good than 4cc Marksman, that's ridiculous. Rogue have no good ally, no good attachment, no good ability, only IGG and Anklebreaker are good.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Strongly disagree, I think she's just gone unnoticed because she's had the same boring playstyle since CotC and everyone's busy with Aldmor Zaladar and whatever else.
    GMT +13
    IGN: Exterminans
    Champion of Shadow Era for New Zealand
    Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsdrJmXzISs

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

discard an item would be way better - it’s discard a weapon.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ericxp View Post
    You will find 5cc Dhalia's skill even not good than 4cc Marksman, that's ridiculous. Rogue have no good ally, no good attachment, no good ability, only IGG and Anklebreaker are good.
    there are rogue players in the top 5 in rated. I guess they don’t use any good cards tho.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Twio View Post
    That Elemental ally is way too overloaded for his cost. Why the hell does a 1cc have steadfast lmao.
    Actually, it is a sticking with the theme of “Stardust” allies. All of them have Steadfast to this point. I agree though. I think that card might have to be bumped up to 2cc or at least have a limit on its maximum attack value.

I do not think Weaponsmith is broken... but I don’t think he is balanced either. I always say this when it comes to Class Specific Cards, I do not mind if they are a little OP. If a card is not able to be used by all heroes, it makes sense to me that it be above the curve of other same cost cards.

Night Owl is an example of that. Stealth and card draw for 3cc is dam good. Especially with 3 attack. I even put Wulven Tinker in that category. Camouflaged Foe is same as well.

So, I agree that it is not a balanced card. I just do not see it as a problem as it is Warrior Class restricted.
    "Is he a man? Or, is he a mango?" - Gondorian

Join our Telegram Community.

Join Shadow Era on Social Media: Facebook|Twitter

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ericxp View Post
    I have lost to Rogues because of Dhalia Blackrose Discarding weapon to kill my Braxnorian or other 5 cost ally. The card has its moments for sure.

Rogues are spoiled in the allies they have available to them. Night Owl, Wily Smuggler, Oliver Fagin, Covert Operative is even a decent control tool or ally to return a friendly ally to your hand to remove attachments. Then you can buff him with Aldon or Rabble Rouser for sneak attack.

Also, Ankle Breaker and Ill Gotten Gains are 2 of the more OP items you will find in Shadow Era not simply “good.”

Attachments is just not something you see many classes have to manipulate other than Warriors and Priests. All other classes have some good ones but not enough to really make an impact on the game through attachment based builds. It will likely stay that way and I think it should.
    "Is he a man? Or, is he a mango?" - Gondorian

Join our Telegram Community.

Join Shadow Era on Social Media: Facebook|Twitter

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i think as you that seek is bad for the game and it is actually what killed the game for me. i have not played anymore and visit here sometimes to see if any changes that are good has been made but i do not think it will.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Twio View Post
    Marksman is definitely stronger than he used to be, whereas they totally gutted Sorcerer of Endia.
    Sorcerer of Endia is garbage at the moment. They could have removed it from the game totally. No one will ever use it anymore. One more addition to useless cards.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    As a regular Amber player I can honestly say that both marksman and weaponsmith are great cards but hardly broken.

Marksman is a 2/4 for 4 that does 2-3 damage to an ally on summon more often than not. If he could bit heroes as well that'd be op but as he stands he's good not great, raw stats are on par with a good 2 drop at the moment.

Weaponsmith is again good, very good but in the current meta using your 3rd turn to guarantee a JD on turn 4 just isn't that amazing. By turn 4 priests are fielding massive allies that laugh at 3 damage and a crippling blow, elemental have already got 5 allies with 4 HP+ on the field, Ter adun' s chaos engine jumps for joy that you played a weapon and then clears the board while dropping a bunch of ravager and rogues thank you for the Stop thief! Target.

Take a look at the top 10 ranked players. There is only 1 there I can see who's played Amber recently and none of the matches he's won with her have been against a priest or elemental with 300+ rating. To be honest, Gwen or Darkclaw are better weapon heroes at the moment.

Amber is solid but unspectacular in the current meta and good luck if kion hits the table.