Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Subdue

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidrek Rampant View Post
    Yep and there's a reason you can only play 4 of them. Also fireball requires you to choose between hurting your op and removing the ally - subdue does both with the advantage of weakening other allies.

Basically it allows you to effectively deal with early allies without having to waste your efficient burn on them. Previously one of the balances to rush mage has been that if you want to control the early game you need to sacrifice some of your burst damage to do so and therefore weaken your chances of a final push working. The sustain effect allows you to avoid this.

It's a bit much for 3cc. Up it to 4 if you want to keep it the way it is or maybe make the sustain 1 life for both players/tweak it some other way.
    I can not stand this card however, I cannot agree with your logic in regards to rush Mage.

While your analysis is correct of the gameplay, placing in Subdue means removing something else. Maybe Priest of the Light? Not sure. Rush mages are known for their simplicity in build and play. I’m not sure they can simply throw in some Subdue and perform the same.

I will say however that the attack reduction is too much for 3 cost.

Affecting the targeted ally and both adjacent allies along with unpreventable damage each turn... This was one of the first cards we had released to us with this new mechanic. Feels like they went over the top with it. I think it needs to be in consideration. Not sure about a complete “yes.”
    "Is he a man? Or, is he a mango?" - Gondorian

Join our Telegram Community.

Join Shadow Era on Social Media: Facebook|Twitter

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It's good in rush mage because it makes it easier to win without fta. Potl or aldon going second aren't very good. Subdue on their 3cc makes it much more likely any other allies you play survive and also can do several damage over a game
    IGN: TJ dubdub
    TG: @tjdubdub

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ping damage to face is too much and is the part that should go away. Right now, as said, mages can too easily stifle large part of board and continue with death race not giving up the tempo in the same time. That s too much value, especially with Nova blasts shaping the playstyle for rush mages (wipe entire board and make huge leap in death racing game).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I fought with multiple subdue attached in my ally, it was so annonying. I would've lost if I don't have Eriss in my hand. I do agree that it should have unique or lost sustain 1 HP. Multiple of those card can lock your board for good

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    As with Stun Turret discussion, I tried to stay out of this while the community was having its say and arguing with each other.

I couldn't help but think "what's the ploblem?" when people complained about it. I mean, just remove your allies or kill them and Subdue is gone and won't come back since there's no way to recycle it!

But enough people here and on Telegram were claiming multiple Subdue were too impactful for hurting the hero, and we could see the situations they talk about, so we've gone for a pseudo-unique approach where the Sustain 1HP only applies if the ally is adjacent to your hero. This should seriously reduce damage taken by your hero in any situation where you used to face at least two on the board and seemingly had no way to get rid of them.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    As with Stun Turret discussion, I tried to stay out of this while the community was having its say and arguing with each other.

I couldn't help but think "what's the ploblem?" when people complained about it. I mean, just remove your allies or kill them and Subdue is gone and won't come back since there's no way to recycle it!

But enough people here and on Telegram were claiming multiple Subdue were too impactful for hurting the hero, and we could see the situations they talk about, so we've gone for a pseudo-unique approach where the Sustain 1HP only applies if the ally is adjacent to your hero. This should seriously reduce damage taken by your hero in any situation where you used to face at least two on the board and seemingly had no way to get rid of them.
    The change above has been deferred for possible inclusion in future version, since some of the other balance changes being made in 3.62 are expected to reduce the effectiveness of Subdue, and ripping this Subdue from the meta will only boost certain heroes from other classes when there is actually a good mix doing well up top.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Do I dare to bring this thread back into the light... well... I am posting here so I suppose so...

"Is he a man? Or, is he a mango?" - Gondorian

Join our Telegram Community.

Join Shadow Era on Social Media: Facebook|Twitter