Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Subdue

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Perfect card for ban list.

Cerddorion
    I like subdue the way it is. Sustain is a really underused mechanic in this game. It's a good control tool and a good balance for what a card could give. Let's not forget, even if the mage plays 1 or 2 subdues, the ally can still be buffed and the allied still die to the mages Nova.

I just don't get all the hate for any good control cards. If people keep crying for these to be nerfed, we'll just end up with an all aggro or mid-range game and that's just boring. If I wanted that I'd go play setting else.
    Last edited by Cerddorion; 07-20-2018 at 02:25 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sustain on control cards is bad imo because it promotes a very passive play style. And when given to mage it's basically another fire ball to the face
    IGN: TJ dubdub
    TG: @tjdubdub

Cerddorion
    A passive playstyle is fine, as long as you can successfully do it. To me, play creature smash face is just too boring. If people want just that type of game it's called hearthstone.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Its more npe card than all cards from ban list together.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerddorion View Post
    A passive playstyle is fine, as long as you can successfully do it. To me, play creature smash face is just too boring. If people want just that type of game it's called hearthstone.
    Fair enough but this card would be just as effective a control ability without sustain.

Either that or remove the flank ability and make it just "subdue" the target and not weaken allies next to it.

At 3 cc it's a win condition and a removal effect in one. That's a little too much beef I think because it doesn't require the rush mage to sacrifice damage to the face in order to control the board. Saves having to waste a fireball on an ally. Just subdue it and throw your 'balls right in their face.

Cerddorion
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidrek Rampant View Post
    At 3 cc it's a win condition and a removal effect in one.
    So is Fireball, and people love that one. There are ways to deal with subdue, and this card is a good counter to ally heavy decks.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerddorion View Post
    So is Fireball, and people love that one.
    Yep and there's a reason you can only play 4 of them. Also fireball requires you to choose between hurting your op and removing the ally - subdue does both with the advantage of weakening other allies.

Basically it allows you to effectively deal with early allies without having to waste your efficient burn on them. Previously one of the balances to rush mage has been that if you want to control the early game you need to sacrifice some of your burst damage to do so and therefore weaken your chances of a final push working. The sustain effect allows you to avoid this.

It's a bit much for 3cc. Up it to 4 if you want to keep it the way it is or maybe make the sustain 1 life for both players/tweak it some other way.

Cerddorion
    Or....I know this sounds crazy.....just leave the card alone. It's no where near to creating a warped meta in qm, much less in tourneys, which is the more important place to look. Seriously, this card is easy to deal with.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidrek Rampant View Post
    Fair enough but this card would be just as effective a control ability without sustain.

Either that or remove the flank ability and make it just "subdue" the target and not weaken allies next to it.

At 3 cc it's a win condition and a removal effect in one. That's a little too much beef I think because it doesn't require the rush mage to sacrifice damage to the face in order to control the board. Saves having to waste a fireball on an ally. Just subdue it and throw your 'balls right in their face.
    Not 100% sure yet but I m also leaning towards this opinion. +1