Quote Originally Posted by Heidrek Rampant View Post
Yep and there's a reason you can only play 4 of them. Also fireball requires you to choose between hurting your op and removing the ally - subdue does both with the advantage of weakening other allies.

Basically it allows you to effectively deal with early allies without having to waste your efficient burn on them. Previously one of the balances to rush mage has been that if you want to control the early game you need to sacrifice some of your burst damage to do so and therefore weaken your chances of a final push working. The sustain effect allows you to avoid this.

It's a bit much for 3cc. Up it to 4 if you want to keep it the way it is or maybe make the sustain 1 life for both players/tweak it some other way.
I can not stand this card however, I cannot agree with your logic in regards to rush Mage.

While your analysis is correct of the gameplay, placing in Subdue means removing something else. Maybe Priest of the Light? Not sure. Rush mages are known for their simplicity in build and play. I’m not sure they can simply throw in some Subdue and perform the same.

I will say however that the attack reduction is too much for 3 cost.

Affecting the targeted ally and both adjacent allies along with unpreventable damage each turn... This was one of the first cards we had released to us with this new mechanic. Feels like they went over the top with it. I think it needs to be in consideration. Not sure about a complete “yes.”