Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

[Fordfff] Victor, the not dead [v3.60]

Lots of people buried poor Vic after the gambit change, but he is alive and kicking. I built this deck for the first SEF challenge just to get through it, but it proved very effective vs a wide array of decks.

40+1 Hero
    Hero: Victor Heartstriker

Allies (18):
    4x Layarian Knight
    3x Aldon the Brave
    2x Layarian Seductress
    4x Zailen Crusader
    3x Deepwood Bobcat
    3x General of Unaxio
    2x Viska the Scarlet Blade
    2x Kion the Magnificient

Abilities (8):
    4x Poison Arrow
    3x Treasured Heirloom
    4x Hunter's Gambit
    1x A Legend Rises
    2x Ley Line Nexus

Items (13):
    3x Soul Seeker

It is a midrange deck with the plan of outvalueing the opponent by the sinergies between the cards. Obviously it sucks vs non ally based strategies.

In the early turns we generally want to sac things that cost more than 3. Bobcat+arrow or Bobcat+zailen+gambit seems like a good plan for t6 or t5, but that is a trap. It is to be avoided. The first Zailen tends to die quickly, and the t6 combo of Bobcat+arrow is a bit late if we don't maximize our board presence earlier. In the first 3 turns, bobcat can be sacced if we don't have a higher cc card that we can get rid of with an easy heart.
    Soul Seeker is usually sac material early, unless we go vs mages. It is expensive and doesn't really have synergy with anything.

The combos menioned above really come into play from t6+. The deck has an excellent late game because of the ample draw provided by Gambit, Heirloom and Vic's ability.
    Only 2x Seductress might seem like an odd choice compared to the regular 3x or 4x copies. The card is usually a late game play, when we can skip 1-2 turns of sacrifice to keep in level with the opponent's resource, rather than the usual early game play going 2nd. We have arrow and Vic ability for that.

The plan is to just trade with the opposing threats, getting a bit of card advantage here and there while slowly building our board. Against other midrange decks we are playing control.

Mages are not a great matchup, unless we have Seeker and haste guys. I'd put it 50/50.
    Priests are winnable, because of Heirloom and recurring Bobcats. If you can keep a steady flow of allies on the board and avoid playing into Wave, it can be done.
    Ally less decks are bad news, the rest can be won by careful play. The beauty of the deck that it has game vs almost anything.

Have fun people,

Fordfff

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Oh I will make priest deck with your Idea
    Crusader and treasure is so good!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    very nice deck! I long for the days when gambit was 2cc and you could play t3 zailen, t4 bobcat+ gambit AND use ability to get gambit back

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    thanks for sharing, what's your opinion on Krugal Butcher into this deck since many arrows?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Butcher isn't really needed for Vic imo because his ability already kills fatties.
    IGN: TJ dubdub
    TG: @tjdubdub

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree with Dub. Vic excells at ally removal. It's always better to use those slots to shore up his weaknesses. Given the current meta, what do you all think about platinum chainmail?
    Last edited by BT InzektrHornet; 04-27-2018 at 10:11 PM.
    Currently 53-20 in organized play for 2018

Black Templars - No Remorse, No Fear, No Pity

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Good deck fordfff! I got my ass kicked many times by this deck
    A1 Burnout1985

I always believed in myself and did well,
    but joining A1 took me the next level. Curious how?

Click here to know how to join A1

-Ladder 1st score: season 67, 66, 62, 61, 58, 49, 37, 35, 34, 30
    -Ladder 1st rating: season 67, 66, 63, 58, 57, 54, 53, 49, 47, 36
    -Tournament won: WORLD CHAMPION 2016, Spagetthi IV, The Fall Seasonal Championship , Bounty Price II, SLUGFEST IX, Highlander II