Close

Thread: Faceless Serena

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Faceless Serena

G'day Mates!

Just putting this out there right now!!!

This combo of Disguise Kit and Thoughtripper's Cutlass is absolutely obscene!!!

Acivate the Thoughtripper's Cutlass and your stealing 2 cards!! from opponent with an attack on them or ally!!

Putting together a deck that replaces Black Garb for Metamorphic Cloak and using to boost Disguise Kit and maybe Hit List for draw, weapons..
    Any thought or strategy you would like to share sing out... Aldmor allies for Serena Thoughtripper ability, but how good are the new rogue allies!!!

love the new cards well done everyone!!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    that's cool idea. I think with Aldmor will be good!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If you like stealing cards then you should give Night Prowler a try. Also if you feel confident that you can keep the opponent's hand under control then you could speed up their death with Oldros: Infested Swampland

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This is my current Serena Thoughtripper build.

Serena Thoughtripper

Allies
    3x Skilled Ironmonger
    3x Covert Operative
    3x Night Owl
    3x Wily Smuggler
    2x Dhalia Blackrose
    3x Oliver Fagin

Abilities
    4x Stop, Thief!
    3x Turncoat

Items
    3x Black Garb
    4x Ill-Gotten Gains
    2x Spirit Shuriken
    3x Anklebreaker
    4x Thoughtripper's Cutlass
    3x Disguise Kit

So its a bit Clunky, but knowing what to discard against varies opponents...yada yada yada. Disguise Kit is auto discard at start and mid games and you if toss all 3 then, oh well... you dont get to play today. its end game control mayhem!! Toss card back with Covert Operative to discard or steal, thankyou very much..

With this deck its hard to find a spot for Metamorphic Cloak when Black Garb is still Serena Thoughripper best cloak, coupled with Skilled Ironmonger... well at least i know this deck will kill opponents allies

Dhalia Blackrose ?? because she is new, shiny and works well Serena Thoughtripper, she is end game also, pretty obvious to why and if you get hit with Dhalia Blackrose well you should lose then right?
    Last edited by era40kyomi; 05-10-2018 at 06:13 AM. Reason: added more

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by era40kyomi View Post
    This is my current Serena Thoughtripper build.

Serena Thoughtripper

Allies
    3x Skilled Ironmonger
    3x Covert Operative
    3x Night Owl
    3x Wily Smuggler
    2x Dhalia Blackrose
    3x Oliver Fagin

Abilities
    4x Stop, Thief!
    3x Turncoat

Items
    3x Black Garb
    4x Ill-Gotten Gains
    2x Spirit Shuriken
    3x Anklebreaker
    3x Disguise Kit

So its a bit Clunky, but knowing what to discard against varies opponents...yada yada yada. Disguise Kit is auto discard at start and mid games and you if toss all 3 then, oh well... you dont get to play today. its end game control mayhem!! Toss card back with Covert Operative to discard or steal, thankyou very much..

With this deck its hard to find a spot for Metamorphic Cloak when Black Garb is still Serena Thoughripper best cloak, coupled with Skilled Ironmonger... well at least i know this deck will kill opponents allies

Dhalia Blackrose ?? because she is new, shiny and works well Serena Thoughtripper, she is end game also, pretty obvious to why and if you get hit with Dhalia Blackrose well you should lose then right?
    I think Lyra Blackrose would work well in this deck. It would compliment the discard theme and destroy your opponents hand.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well i have been playing this deck for a while now and i think as for the Disguise Kit, its becoming increasingly difficult to find a spot in the deck. If anything i would like to see a cost reduction, perhaps a 3 resource cost? you cant use the card start or mid-game and if you do get to use it late game its a gimmick and the opponent will rarely hang around to be stolen again or twice...again.

Perhaps also Disguise Kit might not suit Serena ? she carries a lot of items and i have also found myself with Disguise Kit out but no ally to discard? So again, unless there is a cost reduction i am having a hard time trying to make it work.

If anyone else is using Disguise Kit please throw some ideas around?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipw123 View Post
    I think Lyra Blackrose would work well in this deck. It would compliment the discard theme and destroy your opponents hand.
    I tried it with Lyra Blackrose in few different combinations but she is lacking the tempo for discarding cards from opponent in every way i tried her. I think better without it.

I think new released rogue allies do not compliment each other much. I haven't watched any good deck with new allies yet tbh.
    Last edited by ledrahan; 05-27-2018 at 08:00 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ok lads here it is my latest version of a Serena Thoughtripper!!!

Hero
    Serena Thoughtripper

Allies
    3x Skilled Ironmonger
    2x Covert Operative
    3x Zailen Crusader
    4x Wily Smuggler
    4x Twilight Shepherdess
    2x Jace Mortlock
    2x Oliver Fagin

Abilities
    2x Backstab
    4x Stop, Thief!
    2x Turncoat
    4x Coercion

Items
    2x Black Garb
    3x Black Market
    4x Ill-Gotten Gains
    4x Anklebreaker

So firstly allies, quite a mixed bunch of rag-tag misfits each hold a unique spot to benefit the deck combo. Skilled Ironmonger keeps weapons around, Covert Operative...wow! main combo piece is with Turncoat take note i am catching a lot of people with no counter to this, but throw enemy ally back to hand is gold for Serena Thoughtripper ability. Zailen Crusader and Twilight Shepherdess combo with Coercion and if you have kept up with some of my builds in this forum then you also know this combo very very well Willy Smuggler makes things cheap.
    Last two allies Jace Mortlock benefits from Serena Thoughtripper ability and Oliver Fagin for his ability.

The rest is some stock standard Serena Thoughtripper stuff... comes in at 50 cards, its a kinda slow burner deck, once its started its ripping the opponent apart, again and again Coercion is the stand out card, disrupts opponents momentum. Catching people top decking mid game and watching Serena Thoughtripper building her item collection is a common look.