Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Mann View Post
    Are you still around?
    Hahaha yep still here.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Hi all! I still believe leaving the Ban List as a permanent thing is the wrong move, and clearly there was not much support for having a Restricted List instead, so I think the next proposal should be to experiment with some balance changes to these cards for the digital version of the game for a few versions and see how it goes. By no means would I announce these are permanent changes at this stage (who knows if they are even the right ones?), but trying out changes in the digital version is very easy to do and might well be the best course of action at this time.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree with that. Anything that restricts the overall viability or useability of the card pool only harms the game. If we can rebalance or redesign these problem cards, I think it would be for the better.
    IGN: TJ jonmaciel
    TG: @jonmaciel

Elder, Mentoring Officer

ShadowEra.Net Editor

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have good news then! Design Team is currently working on reevaluation and rebalancing of cards on the ban list.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well, I quitted the game for awhile due to the banned list. I feel that its not in line with the "Spirit of Creativity" and "the sheer diversity of strategies to take down your opponent" that Shadow Era promotes and it kinda upsets me. I do still login daily for the free card n still very much care about this game, because its my #1 best game since Call Of The Crystals.

So any updates for the banned list rework? My suggestion is to leave the old cards as they are but create more new Neutral cards that can counter them. For example, create a new card that counters Hidden of "Into The Forest" and introduce it to newbies in the single player campaign. Like have an npc bestow them the new card during battle, and bids the player to try it. In that way, new players will know the existence of such counter cards and wont get annoyed when encountering such banned decks during multiplayer.

(if the appropriate counters are already in existence, all we need to do is to let the newer players know of them through campaign/tutorial. I am sure most of the older players are used to playing against the banned cards in the past)
    Last edited by Archm4ge; 06-13-2019 at 05:05 AM.