Close

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Lol i read a quete " mentioned in compleints"? So 1 staple card in one deck and 4 cards that are played ib 0.001 decks gives a such a great npe expirience the we need ban them.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammy Striker View Post
    - Armor of ages and Crescendo both of which are armours that can easily be destroyed by all factions.

I think work on bringing out more cards that can counter rather than killing cards off is a better solution. We have so many dead cards in the game, can we just not revamp them or bring out cards to make them useful?? I would rather a game of infinite combinations rather than one of a fairly predictable outcome...
    We tried FOR YEARS to bring out more suitable tech, which many people even do run, but there's just one small flaw in that approach when it comes to tackling abusive decks that are designed specifically to make the game go long and bring misery to the opponent (intentionally or not) ...

A tuned deck of 40-50 cards (which most people tend to play for consistency) is going to run out of answers to these cards before the player abusing them has run out of copies. In a large deck nowadays, you can easily run 4 copies of either of these armors and ways to recycle them and there will be enough time to get set up before losing because of the abundance of draw available. (Remember the time that huge decks were laughable because they would lose quickly due to failure to find key cards or draw in time? Those days are gone!)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by qwertzy View Post
    Lol i read a quete " mentioned in compleints"? So 1 staple card in one deck and 4 cards that are played ib 0.001 decks gives a such a great npe expirience the we need ban them.
    That's a great start! Now read the rest of it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Good Idea. Perfect choices!
    I am long time player (since CotC only times) and this is very well picked cards.
    I played Monster Garth a lot just because this deck works well against clasic decks and against mill too. Now I can concentrate more on making wonderfull competitive decks without that much of stress from mill oponents.

And there is always option to release similar, but much more balanced cards.
    Thanks DT - this can change SE even more than whole new set (-: and we need change a lot.
    IGN: TJ Maskee - Proud member of Team Juggernauts !

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    "itf was banned because of Gwen. she often spams 3 in a row and there is almost nothing you can do. even if i have 2 groundshifts in my deck the odds of getting one in time is extremely low"
    But, Gwen has only become an issue in this meta. I remember hardly ever seeing Gwen for months. Removing ITF will affect Skervox bad and he is already a weak hero. Can we not produce a card that like i.e. Armor - if hero is hidden then can not attack on next turn. or something similar.

"Lay low situation is a bit better since the sosilo nerf but you usually have very few cards to kill support abilities-again very small chance of drawing one."
    Again reduce the support ability destroy card cost to only 2cc. Bring out more support ability destroy armour or artefacts. We have just brought out a location that destroys other locations so we are moving in the right direction.

"You cant really deal with allies in grave that easily. Collector and warden are your main guys here but you know elementals wont let them survive for longer than 1 turn. It is insane that you can get from 1 to 28 health for 3 cc imo"
    Thats true but there are artefacts that remove allies from graveyard too. I always pack them in my deck and only sometimes have issues with getting stalled. Again we can look at making new cards that clear your graveyard.

"crescendo is not around anymore but AoA can still be seen in those horrible prax decks. Lets say you have 3 smashing blows and he discards 1 one of them. He has 4 armors and rain delay and energy discharge. cant deal with that"
    It can also work the other way. Prax can not decide which cards to discard so could end up discarding 3 AoA at the same time.

You never see any of the top or 300+ players using stall decks. Not because they think they boring but they are not that effective in winning. I can understand it is not fun to play against for 30 mins and then find out that you have lost but thats the game aint it? Didn't know so many people were so against stall decks. IMO I enjoy playing with them more than any other decks so will most likely affect me more than others

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Lastly, heroes like Praxix, Moonstalker, Skervox have abilities that push them towards using stall. What can Wulven do about this now as they are becoming more and more weaker compared to faster build heroes?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    You never see any of the top or 300+ players using stall decks. Not because they think they boring but they are not that effective in winning. I can understand it is not fun to play against for 30 mins and then find out that you have lost but thats the game aint it? Didn't know so many people were so against stall decks. IMO I enjoy playing with them more than any other decks so will most likely affect me more than others
    Below the top 5% at 300+ rating are the remaining 95% of players. Allowing these cards to be abused to bring misery to those players makes no business sense.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ok I get it, but is there another way. What about poor Skervox and Moonstalker?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Ok I get it, but is there another way. What about poor Skervox and Moonstalker?
    They just got a lot of decent cards to make a variety of new decks in Lost Lands Part Two!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think Holy Shield is every bit as annoying to play against as those cards on the ban list...and most decks don't have consistent ways of dealing with attachments. Most of the cards on the ban list would be fine for play if SoE and vermin had their ability being able to work on summon (like it did initially).
    Avenger of Valhalla
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn