Close

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Hammy Striker View Post
    I as a veteran in the game am defo not happy with this banning of cards that have been around for years. If this will continue to stand I will end up not playing this game any more and hope others follow suit.
    I'm hoping this is definitely temporary.
    We are born naked, wet and hungry. Then things get worse.

~yooo~

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammy Striker View Post
    I as a veteran in the game am defo not happy with this banning of cards that have been around for years. If this will continue to stand I will end up not playing this game any more and hope others follow suit.
    "hope others follow suit."...

Smh

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammy Striker
    So because 5 measly cards are being tested for getting banned you want to quit the game? lol. Also, you do realize that most other major TCG/CCGs have some sort of ban list right? MTG and YGO have ban lists, hell HS rotates ENTIRE SETS out of the game. Think of that, an entire set of cards that you've become used to, just gone. This is just 5 cards. Just the other day on Gondorian's stream of one of the 3.60 pre-release events we had a guy in chat who played HS and was going to leave it because of that whole set rotation thing. The fact that SE has gotten this far without any sort of ban list is pretty rare I'd say. SE has always tried to keep itself as a balanced game above all, and the DT clearly feels these cards might be hampering that balance, that being said, this is obviously something I feel they'd rather not do if possible, hence the temporary test period for the list.

But if you're the type of player who only ever plays one deck type and that deck got hit, clearly the best option is not to try and adapt, but to just rage and throw in the towel.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Im thrilled!
    If anyone wants to play Lay low Lance, ITF Gwen or towermill Prax he can find a willing victim and play a custom-no reason to molest innocent players in qm.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yea I guess it is because it will affect the type of games I like to play. I have all sorts of decks but I do enjoy late game decks which involve more of an intellectual type of gaming like chess. I can see its not everyones cup of tea but banning cards that I use has hit a nerve with me. I hate rush decks, I want all haste cards banned but I know that ain't gonna happen any time soon.
    Its just going to be a case of either I try to adapt to the changes or not.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    would you care to elaborate how are itf and ll "intellectual"? those are -along with rush mage- the most mindless builds out there imo

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ok maybe wrong choice of words there. However, I was thinking all these cards can be countered by existing cards and I still can not see how they are so detrimental to the gameplay.
    - Into the forest is only a one turn card that can only be reused by Victor and even then there are much better hunter cards to call back.
    - Lay low is a bit annoying with Lance but there support destruction cards for that reason. If anything we should lower the cost of support destruction cards.
    - Soul reaper is probably the most annoying but again can be countered by cards that remove allies from the graveyard. Maybe focus on this more with new cards.
    - Armor of ages and Crescendo both of which are armours that can easily be destroyed by all factions.

I think work on bringing out more cards that can counter rather than killing cards off is a better solution. We have so many dead cards in the game, can we just not revamp them or bring out cards to make them useful?? I would rather a game of infinite combinations rather than one of a fairly predictable outcome...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I will agree with ban list if we have some prof for it But we have ban only because part of se comunity said this cards are annoying. And also comparing mtg/yu gi oh ban list or hs rotation with this its not same.We have less carda, slower development and more nerf s.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    itf was banned because of Gwen. she often spams 3 in a row and there is almost nothing you can do. even if i have 2 groundshifts in my deck the odds of getting one in time is extremely low

Lay low situation is a bit better since the sosilo nerf but you usually have very few cards to kill support abilities-again very small chance of drawing one.

You cant really deal with allies in grave that easily. Collector and warden are your main guys here but you know elementals wont let them survive for longer than 1 turn. It is insane that you can get from 1 to 28 health for 3 cc imo

crescendo is not around anymore but AoA can still be seen in those horrible prax decks. Lets say you have 3 smashing blows and he discards 1 one of them. He has 4 armors and rain delay and energy discharge. cant deal with that

Im fairly certain these changes will help bring us closer to "I would rather a game of infinite combinations rather than one of a fairly predictable outcome..." because the cards that are banned never contributed to anything other than stall/npe playstyle.
    Millprax, itf gwen and LLL were the definition of "predictable outcome"

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by qwertzy View Post
    I will agree with ban list if we have some prof for it But we have ban only because part of se comunity said this cards are annoying.
    Either you didn't read what I wrote at the start of this thread or you don't believe it. Either way, that's a bit sad.