Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Don't you think this game become more and more boring?

Every Majiya is the same, Eternal Troll, Phoenix, Nova Nova Nova;
    Every Gravebone is the same, Falseblood Cultist, Forgotten Horror or Dakrath, Nova;
    Every Tala is the same, 2cc, Land Arthyle's Pass;
    Every Raikka is the same, Rotling, Barrenland Gremlin, Voracious Arachnid, Abomination Factory, Splicer's Crown, Land Rankett;
    Every Ythan Redthorn is the same, Vigilant Wisp, Entangled Wisp, Fortified Wisp, Thunderstrike Construct;
    Every Threbin is the same, Forgiveness, Devoted Knight, Scriptures of the righteous, Smite, Righteous Strike, Rod of Smiting, Madelain's Scepter, Tidal Wave
    Other heroes are not better than them, at most 2 or 3 playing method.
    You just keep your eyes closed and know how your opponent will play.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I’m not sure I see your point in saying something like this days before new cards are released.

Also, is this not something that every game faces between new releases?

The new cards, 5 bans, and changes to some cards will alter quite a bit. Again, just seems like strange timing.
    "Is he a man? Or, is he a mango?" - Gondorian

Join our Telegram Community.

Join Shadow Era on Social Media: Facebook|Twitter

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It's alright. It is intentional that heroes' abilities favour specific strategies. That's why matchups exist. Since majority of opponents will not deviate heavily from the meta, the game rewards understanding the meta decks. It gives you the opportunity to make consequential choices from the very first sac. But this is based on a stereotype and there is a risk that it might not be what you expect in every match.
    The boredom you experience is true for most games if played extensively enough. But you can decide to look forward to new additions in the coming update. If its a form of burnout you are experiencing, a break might be a better option.
    The ability to steal opponent's cards are a favourite of mine due to their unpredictability which makes every match unique and unpredictable. Granted this usually occurs in late game and when the opponent is not dominating.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If there was only 1 viable build for each hero, se would still be miles ahead of other games in meta diversity with 32 heroes. In other games you see the same 10 - 15 decks on ladder with about 5 of them way over represented. I have played over 500 matches this season and the decks are very much not all the same except on the high end of the ladder

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I do understand your feeling. I haved played some random decks lately coz i was bored too [ monster vic, trap banebow or solo DC ]

But you should know that LL2 will come out very soon and These new cards are very cool. SE should be addicted to you again with ton of new strategies
    A1 Burnout1985

I always believed in myself and did well,
    but joining A1 took me the next level. Curious how?

Click here to know how to join A1

-Ladder 1st score: season 67, 66, 62, 61, 58, 49, 37, 35, 34, 30
    -Ladder 1st rating: season 67, 66, 63, 58, 57, 54, 53, 49, 47, 36
    -Tournament won: WORLD CHAMPION 2016, Spagetthi IV, The Fall Seasonal Championship , Bounty Price II, SLUGFEST IX, Highlander II

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ericxp View Post
    Every Majiya is the same, Eternal Troll, Phoenix, Nova Nova Nova;
    Every Gravebone is the same, Falseblood Cultist, Forgotten Horror or Dakrath, Nova;
    Every Tala is the same, 2cc, Land Arthyle's Pass;
    Every Raikka is the same, Rotling, Barrenland Gremlin, Voracious Arachnid, Abomination Factory, Splicer's Crown, Land Rankett;
    Every Ythan Redthorn is the same, Vigilant Wisp, Entangled Wisp, Fortified Wisp, Thunderstrike Construct;
    Every Threbin is the same, Forgiveness, Devoted Knight, Scriptures of the righteous, Smite, Righteous Strike, Rod of Smiting, Madelain's Scepter, Tidal Wave
    Other heroes are not better than them, at most 2 or 3 playing method.
    You just keep your eyes closed and know how your opponent will play.
    This is why we've tried to get LLP2 out as soon as possible after taking over management of the game in August. It's been more than 2 years since LLP1 came out and only 15 other cards came out in between until the surprise 13 Campaign cards we released last November.

I'm sure some people will keep playing their favourite decks when 3.60 comes out but we expect to see many many new ones, based on what's already been seen on the Test Server!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Most people just don't like to create something unique that's all. It's not boring at all though the decks you mentioned are not very popular now anyway. Homu raikka isn't even a thing now I created a raikka that is way more effective in the long run

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I play the same hero almost all the time (but change up the deck some almost daily)...and I don't find SE boring. But if I did, I could change heroes more. It's only boring if you let it be. Create some unique decks and have some fun.
    Avenger of Valhalla
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    After the release of this new set I’m going to answer with a resounding no! Have not began theory crafting, have not even finished looking at all the cards... but my first impression is 10/10. Fantastic job on the new set to anyone and everyone who was involved.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Dam I’m late to the party!
    But yes the new cards have truly shaken up the meta, new nerfs called for already but answers to those OP cards are already being figured out.

It’s a new day here and I’m ver6 happy with the SE board and all the work they have done.
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread