Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Post Majiya- The Fire Mage

Hey guys this is the first deck im posting on the forums. Hope you guys like it.
    So this is more of a themed deck so may not be the most competitive. Anyway its very easy and fun to play.

Hero- Majiya

Allies :
    4x Cinderborn Fatebreaker
    4x Flame spitter
    2x Grimghast
    4x Flameborn Defiler
    4x Furion Terror
    2x Infernus

Abilities :
    4x Fireball
    4x Supernova
    3x Transmogrification curse
    3x Acid jet

Items :
    4x Flameforged Gauntlets
    2x tar-written scroll

How i Play :
    T2 is CF (or tar writtrn scroll if u dont draw him)
    T3 Flame spitter or fireball
    T4 always Flameforged gauntlets
    T5 FT+majiya ability for 5 dmg or FD+majiya for 4 dmg and 2 card draw with Armor
    T6 infernus
    Aftet that its just nova fireball mashing and drawing with armor and the opponent will be dead đŸ˜‚.
    Also nova will not kill your FT,FD or infrrnus so its pretty nice. Transmorg curse is only needed for a mirror match because u cant kill opposing ally with fire immunity. Otherwise just sac it.

Thanks for reading !

Edit- Grimghast added as suggested by Veles
    Last edited by Harry21; 03-29-2018 at 03:24 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for posting! Deck looks really good. Only suggestion I would give is to have few more 3cc allies to increase your odds of having a play on turn 3. 4 Acid Jets and 4 Transmog. Curses are bit too much so you could cut 1 of each for +2 Grimghast.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Veles View Post
    Thanks for posting! Deck looks really good. Only suggestion I would give is to have few more 3cc allies to increase your odds of having a play on turn 3. 4 Acid Jets and 4 Transmog. Curses are bit too much so you could cut 1 of each for +2 Grimghast.
    Wow thats the same change i made just now and was going to post it.
    Thanks though !

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Agree with Veles.

Make sure you get 10-12 3cc options to play, preferably allies . Fireball is not the best 3cc option to play unless you are going second and got to clear your opponent ally.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for the input Seedog ! Well this deck is more of a late game deck and usually a nova wipes the board and after that the fatties take over therefore there were not much 3 cc allies. But with some testing i feel they are needed. I liked the idea of grimghast, any other 3cc drops that have fire attack ?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Fire Majiya is by far my favorite deck currently. It is something that's rarely seen in Shadow Era: a non-gimmicky theme that actually works!

My deck completely ignores Furrion Terror. Never liked it. Complete list is:

Allies:
    4x Cinderborn
    4x Grimghast
    4x Flame Spitter
    4x Phoenix Urigon
    (All of these allies are painful to deal with, one way or the other, and the main force in the deck. Few decks have answers for all of them. Always have an extra Grimghast in hand.)
    3x Flameborn
    2x Infernus
    (These two allies are there to boost the others and your spells/skill.)

Abilities:
    4x Burning Hatred
    4x Fireball
    1x Engulfing Flames - You want everything to burn, right?
    2x Transmogrification Curse - Just in case
    4x Supernova - I find myself rarely having to board wipe.

Items:
    2x Tome of Knowledge
    3x Tar-Written Scroll
    4x Flameforged Gauntlets

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by TitaniumWhite View Post
    Fire Majiya is by far my favorite deck currently. It is something that's rarely seen in Shadow Era: a non-gimmicky theme that actually works!

Allies:
    4x Cinderborn
    4x Grimghast
    4x Flame Spitter
    4x Phoenix Urigon
    (All of these allies are painful to deal with, one way or the other, and the main force in the deck. Few decks have answers for all of them. Always have an extra Grimghast in hand.)
    3x Flameborn
    2x Infernus

Abilities:
    4x Burning Hatred
    4x Fireball

Items:
    2x Tome of Knowledge
    3x Tar-Written Scroll
    4x Flameforged Gauntlets
    Your version looks even better than mine !
    WC 2018, WC 2019 Finalist
    IGN - RS Flameborn
    Telegram - rs_flameborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by TitaniumWhite View Post

Allies:
    4x Cinderborn
    4x Grimghast
    4x Flame Spitter
    4x Phoenix Urigon
    3x Flameborn
    2x Infernus

Abilities:
    4x Burning Hatred
    4x Fireball

Items:
    2x Tome of Knowledge
    3x Tar-Written Scroll
    4x Flameforged Gauntlets
    Hi. I'm getting back to the game and I wanted to test this deck out.
    Is this deck still viable in ranked battles?
    Last edited by gRose; 03-09-2019 at 03:52 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sometimes, I have fun including Pillaging Arsonist with Infernus, Flameborn Defiler, and Furrion Terror. But it's such a long setup.
    Black Templars - No Remorse, No Fear, No Pity.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by gRose View Post
    Hi. I'm getting back to the game and I wanted to test this deck out.
    Is this deck still viable in ranked battles?
    I have tweaked it a little bit! New-ish list:

Hero: Majiya (40 cards)

Ally (18):
    4x Cinderborn Fatebreaker
    4x Grimghast
    4x Phoenix Urigon
    3x Flameborn Defiler
    3x Infernus, Tyrant of the Damned

Ability (12):
    4x Fireball
    2x Disarming Personality
    2x Transmogrification Curse
    4x Supernova

Item (9):
    2x Tome of Knowledge
    3x Tar-written Scroll
    4x Flameforged Gauntlets

Deck Code: 633271B

Not as viable as before, but that's because mages has gotten basically nothing in LL. You need 3 Infernus in the current meta. The current meta forces you to slow down the opponent, never completely lose the board and get Defiler and Infernus out. With those, your opponent will learn to fear your ability, Scroll, fireballs and supernovas, which you have to spam.

Cinderborn and Urigons are your main stay for priests and other Attachment heavy decks. Grimghasts still breaks alot of engines and a main stay. Disarming Personality is the only worthwhile weapon destruction for mages but you can't include enough to deal with weapon-based heroes, so again, it's about slowing the opponent down. Once you have Defiler and Infernus out, no enemy allies will provide any sort of problems at all. Your fireballs will be localized supernovas which deal 5 damage + 2 burn, all your dead allies has essentially become fireballs themselves and Infernus himself can one-shot pretty much anything.

Bloodfang is a perfect example of what the current meta has done to this deck: if your opponent has the first turn, you are at a huge disadvantage. You require perfect play, perfect draw and to know the opponents' decks. If you have the first turn, the game is completely different. Your opponent has to deal with whatever you put out and nothing shows that off better than vs. Bloodfang. If you are ever in doubt whether or not first turn advantage is a thing, try this match-up. It is almost impossible to win going second.

Black Market decks are auto-concedes for me. Not fun at all to play against, purely relies on luck whether or not you win. if they draw Infernus, you lose, if not, you win. It's that basic. No need to play the game. Since rogues can destroy your already limited mage draw engine, they will always have better draw at your own deck. It's stupid but that's LL for you.

It's still fun as hell to play, a complete blast (pun intented) and the only deck I even bother to play and have played for a while. It harkens back to the old Shadow Era fun times, where you play and develop your board situation as the game progresses and not just wanting to get the right cards in hand to unleash a combo that the opponent can't deal with. It's an honest play style, something that's quite rare nowadays.

My favorite hero is still Amber but she has gotten even less, unless you are willing to go the javelin gimmick route and I'm still waiting for the time where Eladwen is brought out of the base game and into the expansions.