Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Stop Thief suggestion

Hi

I believe rogues decks have to many auto-includes. Also they have no really a weak point.(only missing AOE). So I think the class need a clearer profil. Stop thief is the best target for a change, because it is powerful against artifact heavy decks and weapon based decks. Destroying a key artifact of your deck in combination of Il Gotten means in most cases you lose the game. You also can not play around it. It would be nice if rogues cannot destroy artifacts so easily.

My suggestion would be:

Stop Thief: 4cc Target item with durability is destroyed, and you gain one ressource.
    For anarchic looting I would choose the same constraint for item destruction.

What do you think guys ?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Stop thief is a fine card. Rogues are supposed to strong in this aspect of the game with thief and looting. Also cards from dark prophecies and call of the crystals can't be changed anyways so this won't happen i don't think
    IGN: TJ dubdub
    TG: @tjdubdub

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nope. Having excellent item removal is a core strength of Rogues as a class.

In a vacuum looting and ST might appear like too good cards but Shadowera is designed in an asymetric way. Every class has access to somewhat overpowered classcards that give them an edge against another class in some way. You cannot take those cards away without making Rogues worse than every other class.

Same as you cant simply remove Blood Frenzy from Warriors or Mind Control from Elementals. Those classes are built around those strong class cards and need them to be competitive with other classes.
    IGN: BP AmberFade
    TG: @AmberFade

WotBP Trophy Room:Achievements
    Legendary Blademaster of Gaderi
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I disagree with your opinion. First, nerf ST in the way I propose would not weaken Rogues much. They could use ST against weapons, armors and artifacts with durabilty. The already the most consistent class in the game and have to many staple class cards. I dont like ST, because in combination of Il Gotten Gains it is simply, destroy item, draw a card, get an ressource. You said, that item destruction is core strength and it is designed in asymetric way, but I believe stealth and card draw are the most important rogue themes and my change would make the item destruction in the game more asymetric.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Its not even a matter of opinion at this point, what you define as the core strength of Rogue class is just wrong. While Rogues have access to a couple of more stealthed allies than others they are not part of their core strength whatsoever, especially after new Gambit got introduced those cards are pretty weak and not even used by most high rated Rogue decks anymore. You see a nigh owl here and there due to his cantrip ability but nightshade is mostly gone and there is a neutral ally that does mostly the same now anyway. In terms of draw Rogues are not the best class either, while IGG is rly powerfull in longer games in decks like Garth and Serena its not nearly as all powerfull as you describe. It takes the complete turn 4 to throw out and only offers draw if there are Items or allies to kill. So against decks like controll Vess and other decks that can go solo mode like Zaladar you find yourself topdecking rather quickly. The warrior class outperforms rogues with ease if it comes to draw.

The main strengths of Rogues are:

Item Destruction
    Control Tools

Weaknesses:

Slow
    Limited selfheal options

Rogue are a great control Class and having good ID is key for them being able to fight the likes of Priests, who have an even more powerfull ID card in form of Focused Prayer.
    Last edited by AmberFade; 03-28-2018 at 12:01 AM.
    IGN: BP AmberFade
    TG: @AmberFade

WotBP Trophy Room:Achievements
    Legendary Blademaster of Gaderi
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Rougue are not a op class what so ever there just the least vulnerable to bad match ups

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Do not forget that in SE the Board of Directors is extremely steadfast, SE play on words... booyah, on their policy of not changing cards from the first two sets.

That being said, I also am not very fond of the idea. Stop Thief is arguably the best item removal in the game and I like it to be that way. Every class has something they do better than the rest.

Warrior: Draw and Ally Control/removal - Blood Frenzy, Crippling Blow, Yari Marksman, Dragon's Tooth
    Mage: Direct Damage, ally control - Burn spells, All Consuming Fear, Subdue, Voice of Winter
    Hunter: Disruption and counter attacking - Traps (Net, Death, Camouflage, etc.), Poison Arrow, The Perfect Shot, Ambush and haste allies
    Rogue: Item Destruction and tricky/control tactics - Stop Thief, Anarchic Looting, Stealth allies, Swordthief, Oliver, Covert Operative
    Priest: Board Control - Banish, Zails Hymn, Embers of the Just, Tidal Wave, Blessed Charge
    Elemental: Ally removal/buff, life gain - Mind Control, Energy Discharge, Exaltation, Permeate, Infinity Core, Conversion (i am sure someone will make it work)
    Wulven: Low cost ally removal and Board flood - Now You're Mine, Death From Above, Bloodpack Shaman, Soothjaw, Howlfang, Crusher of the Weak

At least, this is my quick break down of it.

I am glad to see someone thinking outside the box however, in this instance, i would have to disagree with your proposal. I just would rather Rogues not lose one of the things they do better than others. You would rob, Rogues... get it?, from them their class identity.
    Last edited by SEF Mango; 03-28-2018 at 04:52 AM.
    "Is he a man? Or, is he a mango?" - Gondorian

Join our Telegram Community.

Join Shadow Era on Social Media: Facebook|Twitter