Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Cool Underdog Hero: Banebow

Here is my deck.

(first update: adding Shadowspawn, credit to Sisyphos)

Banebow

4 Brutails
    4 Inferno
    2 Medusil
    4 Bella
    2 Chimera
    2 Phasma

3 Shriek
    2 Shadowspawn

4 Soul Seeker
    2 Night Prowler

I have a successful with this deck, and wanna share with everyone. It is not a cookie cutter, but it is stronger than it seems.

However, you need a skill to use this deck, and a lot of decision to make. But when you get familiar with it, you will like it for sure.

Just try it and enjoy.
    Last edited by ViTTiE; 05-09-2011 at 03:26 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Well hope this helps you a bit and doesnt offed you
    1 - 3
    2 - 4
    3 - 8
    4 - 6
    5 - 8

I think you curve a bit high for using shriek effectivly. Bloodlust seems a bit random, since your allies are on the expensive side as well. Also I miss something that protects the Nightprowler. Also Nightprowler without a t4 bow *i can understand the absence of beetle demon bow*

The deck just lives from having allways the field, with help of your flip. If your enemy should in any place have the field advantage, I doubt you can turn the game around.

I think Plasma Behemoth is completly wrong here *dont see you having ressource to pay for his abillity* Brutalis+INferno at 4 seems the right choice. I personally like Bad Wolf over Medusil, since early i usually dont want to spend ressources on abillities. Chimera has 5 hp, so Id rather increase her numbers and lower the count on belladonnas *as i said no turn around*.

And there is still the possibillity of utillity cards.

BTW: Most good decks require skill to take advantage of it. :]

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah, you are making a point about Shriek, Bloodlust, and Night Prowler.

Shriek, I won't use it until I have more than 4-5 resource, and I always use it only 1 or 2 in the game.

Bloodlust, I use it for late game. If i get it early, i will just sac it. However, it is not a must card, but I can not find any card that fit into this deck better than it.

Night Prowler, it is my last choice to use. I have it only when I get the board control. It save my ass many time. I always use it when my enemy has one card left it their hand, and it always the game change move.

Bella vs Chimera: it is hard to say. I personally like her drawing ability.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've been toying around with Banebow for a bit, trying to get it right and something is just missing. My current approach uses less allies and added Arrows and Death Trap for control. I find Behemoth is needed to get you that final big damage push with his ability. With 6 resources, you can do his beam and then still drop a death trap which is nice.

However, with Prowler and Seeker also at 5cc, I find it hard to get Behemoth out while maintaining board control. And against Elementals, he just gets MC'd and then you don't have enough power to take them down and it's a long, long drawn out match.

So far I'm finding it hard to have competitive Banebow. Two things that might help:
    1) revert ability back to be able to target same card twice, not different
    2) Prowler works for damage, not just attacking with weapon (thinking narrowly here, probably has ramifications for Gwen/Victor that might throw them out of whack)

Also, maybe I'm just trying to create the wrong type of deck. Maybe going with a bunch of <= 3cc allies, Bloodlust, Traps and Arrows will work?
    Guild: Marksmen | Name/Game Center ID: Smerle

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Unfortunately, Elementail is the toughest match up because of that MC with haste. I looked at your deck, and I think you might need to put more allies. Arrow is a nice card, but I found that I need a big card more than arrow in late game. Plus the lack of drawing ability, I put more allies to help me in late game.

However, it is just my opinion.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Personally I build my banebone deck, then switched over to baduruu, then gave up and went back other decks.

Mine however is totally different and involves traps and focuses on control.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Here's my Banebow. On a winning streak at the moment and just took down 30-card Elementalis, so that made me feel pretty good.

3x Gargoyle
    4x Chimera
    3x Behemoth

2x Forest
    3x Shriek
    3x Net Trap
    4x Death Trap

2x Prowler
    4x Seeker

The distribution is weird, I know (only 3 2cc, wtf!?!?) but I've tried Arrows and Brutalis, and honestly they end up just cluttering things and require me to include Bazaar or Belladonna (which I don't want and is a different deck). I also feel like having Banebow's ability on T3 makes up for it.

If I get a Net Trap on draw, I'll use it on T2.
    T3 - If board is clear and I have Chimera in hand, DT. Otherwise Gargoyle + ability.
    T4 - Trap or Chimera.
    T5 - Seeker or Behemoth. Then Prowler whenever it comes and board is clear.
    You only need 6 resources (Plasma Beam + Death Trap cast) and I actually try to save the traps for T6 and beyond. Use Behemoth/Chimera abilities and/or Seeker/Prowler and just cast traps until you need a new Seeker/Behemoth. Forest is a late game card that saves my butt as I've found I'm often in scenarios with we are both single digit HP and I need to survive one turn, very helpful against mages or Gwen.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Note the "or" choices for the turns, it's very dependent on who you are playing; especially Elementals. I only cast Behemoth once I've smoked out a couple Mind Control with Gargoyle, then hope for the best. DO NOT sacrifice Shrieks against them either, and keep those Death Traps for later against Elementalis to prevent him from using that ability. Also, pray that you can steal Renewal with Prowler. And then make a sandwich, because it will be a long match.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm trying to use the trap, but it didn't work out for me when I am second. So I just go with allies and try to control the game. My deck is a control deck, but control with allies.

Btw, my Brutails save my ass from Puwen or Blake many time.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    JP, I already tried your deck with Elemental. Even I lost, it seem your deck can handle Elemental better than mine. But I really don't like the trap because they can destroy the trap with 1-2cc allies. Without drawing ability, I need to put something more useful than 1-1 ability. Moreover, Medusil's ability help me killing raven and aeon many time.

Bloodlust is the one that help me a lot against warrior deck since they always clipping my inferno.
    Last edited by ViTTiE; 05-08-2011 at 03:01 PM.