Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Fun fact. The 'Random' things like the random button on music players aren't truly random because true randomness allows situations like yours where a lot of a similar thing end up grouped together and people don't like that. What you are really asking is for the game to be coded in a way that influences your draw so that you don't get much of the same, making the game less random and there for easier

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    Ross014 - Intrepid Learner of Secrets
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    OK, so I've jogged my memory a bit and found my original thread on this, which I believe led to us calling shuffle() three times rather than just once.

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....not-An-Enquiry

I added the Eternal Troll joke in reference to this, since I myself once wondered if it was bad shuffling.

Banned
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    "I don't really like being attacked, especially when I tried to give you a helpful answer and didn't think you were joking."

Yes you did, I appreciate that, and I give you credit for it, and I solemnly acknowledge that you took my constructive criticism seriously.

"For what it's worth, I didn't code the shuffle. It's a PHP function.

https://www.w3schools.com/php/func_array_shuffle.asp"

I'm dumbfounded here, you actually think that telling me you copy/pasted A PHP FUCTION is going to somehow ease my concerns?

"We've used the same one for the entire life of the game and never changed it."

Yeah, I noticed.

I wish you HAD coded it!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vainglory View Post
    I'm dumbfounded here, you actually think that telling me you copy/pasted A PHP FUCTION is going to somehow ease my concerns?
    No, we call a PHP library function to shuffle the deck. Actually, we call it three times because of my thread from 6 years ago.

Banned
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    No, we call a PHP library function to shuffle the deck. Actually, we call it three times because of my thread from 6 years ago.
    Ah, ok. Well that makes a bit more sense lol.

I understand you're on the defensive. I understand that I have offended you. I'm sorry about that. My tone may be quite abrasive but my intentions were constructive criticism. It's my fault, and I apologize.

Obviously you're aware that I have no fucking clue what you're talking about when you say "my thread from 6 years ago."

At this point, fine. Just keep the game the way it is. It's not worth upsetting anyone for me anymore.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Ah, ok. Well that makes a bit more sense lol.

I understand you're on the defensive. I understand that I have offended you. I'm sorry about that. My tone may be quite abrasive but my intentions were constructive criticism. It's my fault, and I apologize.

Obviously you're aware that I have no fucking clue what you're talking about when you say "my thread from 6 years ago."
    You can click the link. I basically made the exact same claim as you, but in more diplomatic way, and it went on for 8 pages and no one got offensive or defensive.

Banned
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    You can click the link. I basically made the exact same claim as you, but in more diplomatic way, and it went on for 8 pages and no one got offensive or defensive.
    There is no way to review that thread without lambasting you. Why in the world would you send me that link? I'm literally trying to be on your side.

That link is simply you denying a shuffle "bug" that is CLEARLY being talked about. Then you make the statement, "assuming there is really a bug, there are two simple fixes:"

It's Gondorian denial then obfuscation. Get the fuck out of here if you think that kind of slender will pass by me.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Your "shuffle" code is terrible.

There is no way to review that thread without lambasting you. Why in the world would you send me that link? I'm literally trying to be on your side.

That link is simply you denying a shuffle "bug" that is CLEARLY being talked about. Then you make the statement, "assuming there is really a bug, there are two simple fixes:"

It's Gondorian denial then obfuscation. Get the fuck out of here if you think that kind of slender will pass by me.
    Ok, maybe you shouldn't have read it. Or maybe you should have just read it better. It says "EDIT" at the top where I went back and accepted there was no issue after a long discussion. All posts after the first are unedited and the enquiry into the shuffling that I started in a diplomatic way to seek an answer. Nothing has changed with the shuffling since that day except we shuffle 3 times instead of once (which I think was just the developer humouring us).

That's twice you've used bad language on here now unnecessarily. I don't know what "slender" means. I'm almost 38, so maybe it's new slang for younger people.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    So called " shuffle bug" exist in all card game, but have nothing to do with coding, shuffling.You should blame bad deckbuilding or bad luck for it.

Banned
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    "That's twice you've used bad language on here now unnecessarily."

What bad language? When did I use bad language Gondorian?