Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    how about banning waterfall and supernova?

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    (There was a reply here from Dvsklown that I moved to its own thread, since a reply here would derail this.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Card changes are ok.i like most of them.Ban list is just waste of time.With it you wouldnt improve any segment of game at all.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    I think it was in the OOPS room, but also some with Jose Llamas in SE Official Discussion. There was a LOT of chat there.
    Yeah thanks. I read enough to get convinced. The games got longer on average imo and I can’t find time to play the game anymore. So anything that shortens the game time is welcomed.
    IGN: Kyltz

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by sugheaven View Post
    how about banning waterfall and supernova?
    i hate them waterfalls.
    I milled fat Garth with rush Loest. Twice.
    I stalled Moonstaller with Rothem.
    I played Ter with monopoly cards and 4x toll bridge and managed to win a tournament.
    I cast Portal and Kris in one turn and lived to tell the tale.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by dejvo View Post
    i hate them waterfalls.
    Worst design by far.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    honestly, I don't see how ITF and LayLow are any more annoying to play against than Vess (I do hate them but at least ITF and Lay Low can be countered easily with groundshift or Kion/Vull). The best option to counter a huge attachment deck was to have SoE or RV able to destroy ability/item on summon (it was even fine when was nerfed to requiring 4 or more in play...the "on summon" was the needed part). This new change to make 1/6 for SoE won't help enough and the return to hand part is too slow especially with the momentum the attachment decks build up with Confluence of Fate.
    Avenger of Valhalla
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The problem with ITF is that there is no counter. Once your Hero has that attachment they are hidden and the description of Hidden says that your Hero and their attachments can't be targeted. Under that description ITF protects itself and your hero and it only costs 1cc with now down side. only real counter is Mass Purification, a card that sees no play and 5cc. I'm glad it's getting banned and I hope it stays banned.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Steedious View Post
    The problem with ITF is that there is no counter. Once your Hero has that attachment they are hidden and the description of Hidden says that your Hero and their attachments can't be targeted. Under that description ITF protects itself and your hero and it only costs 1cc with now down side. only real counter is Mass Purification, a card that sees no play and 5cc. I'm glad it's getting banned and I hope it stays banned.
    Any hero can counter ITF with groundshift or Kion/Vess. (I do hate the card though and have no problem with the ban).
    Avenger of Valhalla
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    In case anyone is wondering about motivation/intention behind the Yari Marksman change, I ended up posting some reasons for the change on Telegram a week ago. I don't want them to be lost. Please don't see this as exhaustive justification, or carefully crafted, but it's better captured here than lost:

Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian on Telegram
    1) instakill out of nowhere is not a very warrior thing
    2) YM was not meant to be widely used. his effect in 3.52 does not fit with the warrior signature style. it is wrong for an outlier card to be so influential in the class. 3.52 version makes warrior less warrior
    3) warrior class is meant to be great at combat. if you find yourself wanting non-combat great stuff, then maybe warrior ain't for you
    4) dragon's tooth is your easy instakill - and it doesn't matter if they spend a card to get rid of it on their turn if you already killed a meaty ally (and you can get it back easily as human)
    5) it's ok to have an exception to plug a gap, but it should not mean that everyone facing warrior has to keep in mind that with 3 allies one might be killed out of nowhere on-summon. that's not warrior. warrior is about combat, weapons and armor.
    6) in 3.52 (and before), ANYONE facing warrior has to be aware of this card called Yari Marksman that is an outlier card and not even an ability that is reflective of warrior style and know if they go up to 3 then their best one (in view of opponent) will die

they are the main points of the YM change

i guess number 7 is that it was being heavily abused by NPE decks

number 8 onwards would be the merits of the new one, but I think they are obvious once it registers that it will always do at least 2 ability damage to an opposing ally, but usually a lot more.