Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Victor: Templar Hybrid ( 310+ Rating )

Victor is a strong hero. Even after the nerf of Hunter's gambit. Reading some discussion about its change I decided to post my deck, which take a different approach rather then the trap Victor or Anmors Call Victor.

The deck I am presenting is being played like a classic control Victor. You are starting the game with a strong early game presence which can even outrun a rush deck, transcend into a mid game with decent draw power and finish the late game off with some fattys .

If this deck sounds like something you like then continue reading.

Victor
    3x Unaxio Squire
    3x Zalien Crusader
    4x Unaxio Bannerman
    2x Artful Squire
    3x Deepwood Bobcat
    3x General of Unaxio
    2x Viska
    1x kion
    1x Nathanias

1x Spirit of Devotion
    4x Moment of Acquiescence
    2x Bad Santa
    4x Poison Arrow
    4x Hunters gambit
    2x Treasured Heirloom
    2x ley line nexus

2x Spirit Shuriken
    2x Soul Seeker

As you notice this deck is a mix between Templar discard deck and a classic Victor Control Deck. So why am I doing this and why am I not playing Sosilo or Templar Champion?
    First: Vic synergizes great with discard theme. You Can use Moment of Acquiescence to discard Hunters Gambit and use your ability to get it back. This increases the efficiency of Vics ability. This being said you will realize that the amount of discard is limited because Victor's shadow skill is limited too. So going full discard is kinda mehh. Also you don't want to give free draw to your opponent with Sosilo.
    The next thing about Templar is that general of Unaxio and Zalien Crusader Synergizes with Victors Attachment Affinity. Adding Bannerman and Squire to the Templar team will make your early game go crazy.

Early Game:
    Start T1 with moa when going second and play squire if you have. Else or when going second play moa T2 an follow up T3 with an ally.
    If you don't get any allys out you can delay out the early game with poison arrow and Spirit Shuriken.

Draw Power

Hunters Gambit and Treasured Heirloom or Bad Santa are your primary Draw options. But lots of other cards provide draw. General gets you hunters gambit. MoA gives you one extra Card. Victor's Ability gives you one card. Dont need to mention Nathanias or LLN? Next thing about draw is that you won't loose tempo while getting cards. Rather then Wrath of the Forest where you need board control and you loose one turn, hunters gamut helps clearing the board and it gives draw.

Late Game

A cool transition from early game can be
    t4 MoA,
    T5 general who seeks gambit and discard gambit, t6 Viska,
    T7 ability, get back gambit and play it with Bobcat.

This is only one example. As you see you do not loose tempo but you still play big threads, clear the board and get 4 extra cards. Besides Nathanias and Kion, Unaxio Bannerman is a real star for your late game. Having him on board can result into some crazy burst damage for your opponent hero and close the game against nasty staller.

Weakness

Everything that can go solo. From Zaldar to Threbin or RD Baduruu. You won't get draw and can't heal. But you still have a chance if you win the early game and start stamping with fattys.

Hope you like the deck and enjoy playing.
    Last edited by egatemi; 03-21-2018 at 05:26 PM.
    Crusader of new Virtues
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn