Close

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Yes, I’m brining it up... Allow buffs/nerfs for old cards!

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    I always have the feeling that you take all "negative" feedback as attacks and you respond to them agressively more often than not.

In a few words, your agressive and "this is not gonna happen ever" tone most of the time when receiving negative feedback, makes some of us either not to bother to give feedback and sugestions or when we "man up" and do it, we do it a bit over the edge.
    Ok, so I appreciate this is the internet and people will take things in ways not intended but please consider that there is a different tone and sentiment behind what I am posting and there's no aggression meant at all. If you take it on face value and don't assume any emotion on my part then you might see that I'm just being assertive and not aggressive. Maybe you could even go one step further and assume the best in me as I do for the players and consider I am debating things with good intentions in the spirit of understanding people and finding some consensus somewhere.

I don't know what the negative feedback is that you think I'm responding to aggressively to. There was suggestion to do something I disagree with and I responded with clear explanation why we are not going to do that.

Your post above is the first negative feedback I've seen on this thread aimed at me and I take that on board and with the good intentions it is meant. Honestly, I don't know what the solution is to that.

I think it would be pretty sad if I had to leave threads like this with no official response because some people may see disagreement on my part as aggression.

Even if I leave it for a while to prepare a careful response that has minimal chance of being taken the wrong way, the pitchforks may be out before I've returned. You have to also consider that spending a lot of time crafting a special reply that has the lowest chance of being taken the wrong way by a select minority is not really the best use of our time.

How about maybe we just assume the best in everyone posting here? In my opinion, time is the greatest gift you can give (we all only have a little of it before our lives are done), so I think the time spent here by anyone talking to others should be valued. There is the occasional overtly aggressive post with swear words and threatening to quit the game, but most of the time what is posted here is a gift, right?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Yes, I’m brining it up... Allow buffs/nerfs for old cards!

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Just wait till ll3 is out, tested and played to see the outcome, is a considrable amound of time, more than half a year at least. You dont seem to understand that half a year is a HUGE amound of time to just wait to see IF there will be issues still with npe decks.
    Waiting until LL3 is out was for revisiting the subject of changing old cards that are printed. If I wasn't clear about that earlier then sorry for my part in the misunderstanding. We could still ban some cards in the mean time, if necessary, which is very low cost and simple to do, as I said that early in this thread. Changing printed cards is a much much bigger and costlier move, so we have the policy of only revisiting occasionally since we have to decide where time and budget will go.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Waiting until LL3 is out was for revisiting the subject of changing old cards that are printed. If I wasn't clear about that earlier then sorry for my part in the misunderstanding. We could still ban some cards in the mean time, if necessary, which is very low cost and simple to do, as I said that early in this thread. Changing printed cards is a much much bigger and costlier move, so we have the policy of only revisiting occasionally since we have to decide where time and budget will go.
    Could we hold some kind of vote about some cards that could get banned? Just to give you an idea how liked/disliked they are within the community.

For me the cards meriting a ban (with no need for any replacement) would be at least

Into the Forest

Rain Delay

Lay Low

Armor of Ages

Ford had a good list of 5 cards, can't remember what the remaining 1 was. Banning these cards wouldn't hurt the 95% of the builds in any way, but they would make some of the worst NPE builds impossible to play. I know that many dislike millprax etc. but for problems with SR there's no such easy, unproblematic fix like this. Banning AoA would help against some of the trollish Elemental builds though. Trolls back to the cave, for the rest business as usual.
    Last edited by Wimbled; 03-06-2018 at 05:43 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wimbled View Post
    Could we hold some kind of vote about some cards that could get banned? Just to give you an idea how liked/disliked they are within the community.

For me the cards meriting a ban (with no need for any replacement) would be at least

Into the Forest

Rain Delay

Lay Low

Armor of Ages

Ford had a good list of 5 cards, can't remember what the remaining 1 was. Banning these cards wouldn't hurt the 95% of the builds in any way, but they would make some of the worst NPE builds impossible to play. I know that many dislike millprax etc. but for problems with SR there's no such easy, unproblematic fix like this. Banning AoA would help against some of the trollish Elemental builds though. Trolls back to the game, for the rest business as usual.
    Sounds like a good idea. I was just talking to people in the Official Organised Play Space telegram room about this due to Step 1 in my rough plan:

1) Allow TOs to choose banned cards for their pop-ups for the rest of March while LLP2 is not out.
    2) Don't ban anything in April when LLP2 is out, so we can give the whole card pool a chance to deliver.
    3) Have a Ban List in Rated Multiplayer for the whole of the May Season, to see what the impact is. (The assumption is it will improve things.)
    4) Keep/Change/Remove Ban List in Rated Multiplayer after that, depending on how May goes.

All this would be done in the spirit of learning something and making some improvements. We'd review how it goes and formulate a new plan afterwards.

Since this is not signed off yet by the board, it is only a rough plan, but I pitch it here to see what the players think before pitching wider.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sounds like a good idea. I was just talking to people in the Official Organised Play Space telegram room about this due to Step 1 in my rough plan:

1) Allow TOs to choose banned cards for their pop-ups for the rest of March while LLP2 is not out.
    2) Don't ban anything in April when LLP2 is out, so we can give the whole card pool a chance to deliver.
    3) Have a Ban List in Rated Multiplayer for the whole of the May Season, to see what the impact is. (The assumption is it will improve things.)
    4) Keep/Change/Remove Ban List in Rated Multiplayer after that, depending on how May goes.

All this would be done in the spirit of learning something and making some improvements. We'd review how it goes and formulate a new plan afterwards.

Since this is not signed off yet by the board, it is only a rough plan, but I pitch it here to see what the players think before pitching wider.
    This plan sounds very good! I approve

Cerddorion
    WTF.....a banned/restricted list? Are we MTG now?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerddorion View Post
    If you could elaborate a bit on what appears to be a concern, that would be useful.

MTG is the oldest and most successful TCG of all time and whilst copying it without thought would be dumb, independently arriving at some ideas that could work for us that they happen to also use (as do many other TCGs) is a completely different thing.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerddorion View Post
    I said this earlier!!!!! We are becoming a MTG knock off

Cerddorion
    This is the same type baby ass whining that got sorcerer of endaria and vermin nerfed which led to more of the stall you are all bitchin about now.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If you could elaborate a bit on what appears to be a concern, that would be useful.

MTG is the oldest and most successful TCG of all time and whilst copying it without thought would be dumb, independently arriving at some ideas that could work for us that they happen to also use (as do many other TCGs) is a completely different thing.
    People like me quit MTG because of new banned cards all the time. Its annoying and hurts the player experience. Just change 5 cards to start on Digital only, ignore printed.

Into The Forest. To. 2cc Exhaust hero nd hero is hidden.
    Armor of Ages to Durability 3.
    Soul Reaper To Cc 4
    Rain Delay to Prevent heroes from attacking allies in rain delay.
    Lay Low to also Lay Low cannot be targeted by its Owner.
    This is the NPE changes, ill add a dead card list change later.