Close

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Cerddorion
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    If you could elaborate a bit on what appears to be a concern, that would be useful.

MTG is the oldest and most successful TCG of all time and whilst copying it without thought would be dumb, independently arriving at some ideas that could work for us that they happen to also use (as do many other TCGs) is a completely different thing.
    This is a DIGITAL game. You can change the text and rules on the cards a hell of a lot easier than you could with a physical one. That's why this game DOES NOT need a banned list

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Touchy touchy subject D:
    ~~Ace

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerddorion View Post
    This is a DIGITAL game. You can change the text and rules on the cards a hell of a lot easier than you could with a physical one. That's why this game DOES NOT need a banned list
    Thank you for clarifying what you mean. I get the impression you are not taking into account all the costs/pros/cons of changing cards compared to banning them. I don't expect you to know all the details, so if you want me to make up a long list to help then do let me know. Cheers.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    This is the same type baby ass whining that got sorcerer of endaria and vermin nerfed which led to more of the stall you are all bitchin about now.
    And this post of yours is in breach of the Code of Conduct. Dial it back please. Everyone else has managed to stay civil.

Cerddorion
    Didn't seem to be that much of an issue when you changed other cards like Gambit, SoE, vermin and others

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    There's another problem, which is somehow related to this. There are cards which are not OP by itself however can bring NPE when drawn right. Perfect example is RD Baduruu, while not an OP deck, when you're facing him with FTA and he casts T3 HBM, T4 Spotter+Emore, T5 Nightprowler you are dead unless you're rouge/priest (maybe warrior) with ID in your hand. Otherwise you have no cards and no resources. This is poor card design IMO, as these interactions were not considered. One thing that could fix this is increasing min deck size, I remember talk about this, what has happened?
    I milled fat Garth with rush Loest. Twice.
    I stalled Moonstaller with Rothem.
    I played Ter with monopoly cards and 4x toll bridge and managed to win a tournament.
    I cast Portal and Kris in one turn and lived to tell the tale.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dejvo View Post
    One thing that could fix this is increasing min deck size, I remember talk about this, what has happened?
    We added option some time ago in Custom Matches to try out 50-card minimum. I have personally never checked who has used it, but I am not aware of any events that tried it. It was added so it might inform us in some way of potential impact if we increased the minimum, but there does not seem to be much interest from anyone, so no action is being taken for now. The plan was to see if anyone raised something about it from using it, rather than solicit feedback when maybe no one cares.

Since you raise it now, we could attempt to encourage people to try it out, but there's already a lot going on at the moment, with player-base split across LLP2 testing and live server and chasing Top 250 on Leaderboard and getting most wins per team on SEF Team Challenge and impending live release of LLP2, so it's a stretch to look for people to spend time on 50-card minimum experimentation.

Hope that helps to see where we got to with it!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Didn't seem to be that much of an issue when you changed other cards like Gambit, SoE, vermin and others
    Any card change is pretty expensive, in terms of design time, coding time, testing time, communication, player confusion/disruption and requiring a new game update - then there's also potential unintentional impact of any change. No balance changes are taken lightly for this reason either.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Just to keep everyone up-to-date on where we've got with this so far:

We've just implemented a ban list on our Test Server where we are playtesting LLP2:
    - Into the Forest
    - Lay Low
    - Soul Reaper
    - Armor of Ages
    - Crescendo.

This is not for OP reasons, it's because they do not fit with our vision for the game that is meant to be enjoyable first and foremost. We would never design these cards now, so why keep them if they are harming the game? Having cards like this just enables the type of play style that the vast majority of people dislike facing - so much they will leave our game and go do something else instead!

I know other cards have been suggested to be banned (e.g. Rain Delay), but we can see redeeming qualities in them that make them worth keeping. These five do more harm than good, in our opinion, and now we will try a period with them gone (when 3.60 releases with LLP2 cards) to see if this assertion (that we are better off without them) is true.

The next step after that, if the assertion is true, would be to decide whether to make the ban permanent and what things to do to make up for taking away five cards from Rated Multiplayer. (Maybe we will decide actually we will change them, but I doubt that because it's such a high cost thing to do and would change them in all formats when they are fine in single-player campaign and sealed formats like Meltdown.)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Oh, just now i saw this topic. I know that my opinion will not be a good opinion, and designers will make what they want. But, in my humble opinion, is a huge misstake ban these cards:

- Into the Forest
    - Lay Low
    - Soul Reaper
    - Armor of Ages
    - Crescendo.

You are banned a group of cards that are for same reason: SURVIVE. If a player, anyone, want to make a hard control, stall or mill deck, withou at least ONE of these cards on deck, he will fail. Is simple, just say to people, "shadow era is not a game where u can make any kind of deck, because HERE in shadow era, WE DONT HAVE STALL and heavy control, or lock deck...."
    Since 2012 we have some cards of there, and no one said: "oh, nerf that card", "plz kill soul reaper", "plz, i cant hit my oponent because armor of aegis".
    I was on 2015 with a huge deck, i think the best EMBERS JERY of that year, i was on semi finals of RS HELLRAISER tournament, and you all killed EMBERS OF THE JUST.... my deck dies and i lost that semifinals.... Ofc i was mad, by this nerf, but of, was a good nerf (i hate nerfs, unfairs in special, but embers was really op), just to u see the diference, on 2016 i was on regionals with an amazing PRAX 60 cards, that people a lot copied (because since sf release i am with this deck, testing and improving), i was so confident that my SR and AEGIS can make me almost immortal.... i was damn right! But against an excelent player who really know his hero, and how to face a good a nd hard deck, can make an immortal die..... RS PHILIPW and his amazing Serena defeated me by 2-1 on an wonderfull and skilled game. He keept untill last minut his stop thief to break my armor and blow me untill death......

Now i asked you all, what is more important, really, make a game where people just play cards and the one with most luck and most ally on board win, or make a game that can make both players think, turn the table, pass a huge disvantage and win.....?

I really love shadow era, but i am really tired of these nerfs and buffs. cards are released and are nerfed at same time..... this isnt good. I am sad to say that these kind of stuffs are making me lost the intrest on shadow era, more and more.... Sad, but a huge true.....

I really hope that you all dont kill the game.
    Lord Wane
    Handler souls of Duat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn