Close

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Yes, I’m bringing it up... Allow buffs/nerfs for old cards!

Many of us who play this game have brought it up multiple times, “Why can we not change the previously released cards?”

We know of those who purchased physical cards and how it will affect their collection. I am concerned with making sure that the online product of this game is successful not with keeping the physical card game in tact. Everyone knows that it was a failed endeavor by Kyle that likely put this game far behind where it could have been at this point. SE is a great digital product with huge potential. That is why I bring this up.

Bottom line is that there are many cards that could use a buff (Katrin the Shieldmaden, Zoe Silversmith, Sandra Trueblade, Cobra Demon, Keldor... unless we always want him only good for jokes) or nerf (Evil Ascendant, Rain Delay, Soul Reaper, Armor of Ages, Blood Frenzy... I love warriors more than anyone but dam... 3cc one time cost for draw?) to freshen up the game in between new releases.

Many of us have put in more than time to help better this game and it is by far the opinion of the majority that we should be allowed to change previously released cards.

Of course, I could have completely miss read the room on this subject and maybe there is less than a majority who feel this way.

Either way, I would like to hear what everyone has to say on this subject.
    "Is he a man? Or, is he a mango?" - Gondorian

Join our Telegram Community.

Join Shadow Era on Social Media: Facebook|Twitter

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Your right. Most of us want the previously released cards to be updated with buffs.
    However it is my understanding that the majority of the board does not want to however there are board members for it just being out voted.

The physical cards dont even need to be changed. Just change the digital versions only. It would add new flavor to the game.

This is a digital card game, always has been. Its foolish not to continue improving the game with buffs to older cards cause of physical cards.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by InsanoMango View Post
    I would like to hear what everyone has to say on this subject.
    Maybe it would go better if you heard the people before speaking for them?

You make out like you've already done an extensive survey and been appointed the spokesman to deliver the verdict.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I still believe that new cards can make or break old cards, so I do not think the old ones need to be touched.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Maybe it would go better if you heard the people before speaking for them?

You make out like you've already done an extensive survey and been appointed the spokesman to deliver the verdict.

Which is why I said I could have “miss read” the room.

To be fair though, I am far more interactive with the community than any of the board members have time to be and have been a part of numerous discussions about how we would change old cards that always ended with, “They have a rule that it will never be done.”

It is not as if I wrote this with absolutely no input from the community.

I just know some may not wish to verbalize it officially so I took it upon myself to do so seeing as it is constantly a subject of discussion.
    Last edited by SEF Mango; 03-04-2018 at 09:54 PM.
    "Is he a man? Or, is he a mango?" - Gondorian

Join our Telegram Community.

Join Shadow Era on Social Media: Facebook|Twitter

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think with new card releases that it's not necessary to buff the old cards. I would prefer to just have new ones rather than time being put toward the old ones. I do wish that the NPE cards like rain delay and itf could see a nerf. But just banning them would work as well. The older cards that might be a little op like reaper and bf are fine because the game has adapted and they fit nicely into the meta.
    IGN: TJ dubdub
    TG: @tjdubdub

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree with Mango, and most of the people I talk to about SE do-sadly, few of them frequent this site.
    The problem is deciding what to change. Some would nerf (or ban!) itf, reaper, evil asc etc. and some would buff weak stuff like logan, keldor and so on.

Furthermore, I presume that most of the guys who are online or on TG play the game mainly (or exclusively) in its digital form and feel that its not fair that the version of the game they have spent time and money on is being held back by a physical version.

It would be interesting to know if there will be formats (like in mtg) where old expansions phase out once enough new cards are added. I guess not, because of the heroes. Also, i always wondered how would limiting max number of copies to 3 impact the game-that could be either great or terrible.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I would love to see a few buffs. Especially the lil old allies. If u compare them to the new ones they r useless. If u have better allies u have a bigger pool to create new decks. Now it's always the same decks with lil changes in it but nothing really new and exciting.

Only card I really want to see gets nerf would be Soul Reaper. This card is a real pain for me.
    TJ Catalina
    @CatVanPatton

When Life gives u lemons - TAKE A NAP!

Join us on Telegram and Discord!!!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think that several cards merit a change or even a ban.

Soul reaper, it's very annoying. At least make it 4cc so that it can't be recycled with mimic. Elemental mirrors are a nightmare, a guildmate just posted a screenshot of his 57 min(!) Zal vs Prax game. That kind of games shouldn't be possible, they are a huge waste of time and energy. Multiple SR, multiple Renewal etc. It just sucks.

ITF, there is no space in the game for this card. Only used by NPE decks. Players will enjoy the game better if this card gets banned.

Lay low, same as above.

Rain delay.

I have been playing Eternal Scrolls Legends too, a really mediocre game when compared to Era but I haven't faced a single NPE deck (a couple that were on the line, and some ultra rush which I don't consider NPE). The devs destroy NPE with fire. Here we just debate these same cards that are max 5 till eternity. If you want to find new players, please consider banning the worst NPE cards. NPE is just so clearly bad business and it makes the game much less enjoyable for 95% of the players, veterans and new players alike. NPE fiesta leads to heavy use of rush mages which people tend to dislike too (not me).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree that changes to older cards should be possible.

Npe decks need to stop wasting most players time and please a small portion that uses them.

Also by buffing some unused cards and make them playable, i believe the depth of the game will increase, wich is better that to face the same cards over and over until new come. It will propably create more deck consepts with the existing amound of cards.
    Member of A1 family