Close

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 71 to 80 of 80
  1. #71
    Community Manager SEF Mango's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The space in between your nightmares
    Posts
    967
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    I do not understand what you mean. Praxix is playing cards and with more luck will win.

    - Discard Brimstone, Reactorary or other allies to fill grave.
    - Play allies non-stop because you do not care if they die, you have unstoppable heal available.

    This is not very strategic.

    You don’t care what you discard, it usually is good for you. So, it just depends what you discard from your opponent. That is exactly what “luck will win” you are talking about. If I am a warrior and you discard my Smashing Blow, that is luck. I lose because of that since I can’t break AoA. Since my deck is smaller, likely for you to discard something more useful.

    Also, there are many ways to deal with allies. Whoever has more allies on board can change at anytime. Yahari, Tidal Wave, Energy Discharge, Supernova etc.

    Serena is one of the heroes that kills Prax so using that as example does not make any sense.

    You are right though that your opinion is not a popular one. Most people do not enjoy playing against mill style decks. You hear this often. It is a style that if it is gone from the game, more people will be happy than sad. That is truth.

    For me, if you can not see a problem with Soul Reaper, a card that for 3 cost can give you full health reset, then you have a personal interest in that card remaining in play. It is horrible design that no hero should have available to them.

    All other heal options have some condition to meet and are vulnerable to removal. Thinking Soul Reaper is a card that is fine makes zero sense for me.
    "Is he a man? Or, is he a mango?" - Gondorian

    Host of 130 Pop up Tournaments. 520 free packs awarded!


    Join our Telegram Community. This link will take you to the welcome room. We use it to filter out trolls and bots.Telegram

    Check out and please subscribe to my Shadow Era accounts:

    Join Shadow Era on Social Media: Facebook|Twitter

  2. #72
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    250
    Tournaments Joined
    1
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Man, this is a CARD GAME, so, even in a rush deck like loest rush, you will have the LUCK FACTOR, a LUCK TOP DECK. What u told about smashing blow have zero sense to me too. Serena can steal ur smashing blow and i think no none here want another the cutlass nerf.
    Abou what u told of mill stylle, this is sad, really sad. What i want people in general undestend is: if u have a TCG, you want to explore variants, stylles and have max possibilities of decks. cut stylles and have just 2/3 tipes of decks, will make the game annoy and and with a feeling of limitation on build decks, and in my opinion will make the game weak on a future. If we look for MTG (that is the biggest TGC, and we must to aim on the best to improve) we have: AGROO, MID RANGE, CONTROLL, HEAVY CONTROL, STALL, MILL, COMBO DECKS, OTK DECKS, LAND DECKS, ARTEFACTS DECKS......Do u see the variety??? This make a game really fun, and when u cut some stylle because people dont like, you are not being a cool devenloper, you are killing your game on the future....But, as i said, this is my opinion.
    About SR, ofc it is strong, i will be an idiot if i told that is just a good card. But lets take a look on previous WC: how much praxis, zaladar or elementalis was WORLD CHAMPIONS? No one.....and do you know why? Because even against SR giving another life, a good player can control the situation and kill any elemental... i think that is the main reason for SE going to an abyss, people cry a lot for nerfs and devenlopers give to much atentions for small thinks that have no impact for a "new gas" to make old players have intrest in came back or keep SE as favourite game. Instead nerf SR, why not create a card like this:

    Stone of desease

    4CC

    Neutral item - artefact

    Players can't gain life points.



    See, i think this kind of actitude will be much better than NERF cards. But, is just my opinion, and as i told, my opinion is same like shit....
    Last edited by BP LORD WANE; 03-29-2018 at 01:13 AM.
    Lord Wane
    Handler souls of Duat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

  3. #73
    Senior Member Veles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Serbia
    Posts
    4,314
    Tournaments Joined
    29
    Tournaments Won
    2
    Mill Praxix may be losing SR but is gaining Accelerate, which not only mills opponent but also allows Prax to get to high resources faster, making Infinity Core easier to play. So that particular deck is far from dead imo. It is also possible to build Slim Mill Praxix decks that do not rely on SR for win.

    Btw variation on your suggested card already exists: Curse of the Aldmor. Or even an option to prevent milling to begin with using Voidwalker's Gauntlet, but these types of very specific tech cards have proven to be generally bad in SE.

    About actual success of the deck, when it comes to NPE it is not so much about win rate as it is about overall experience. Decks that were enabled by banned cards usually are very uninteractive to play against and leave bad experience regardless if you win or lose against them. If you do not see Mill Prax or other control Elementals high in rankings or winning tournaments it doesn't mean they are not present in low ranks where new players do not have knowledge yet of how to counter them nor patience to learn how after NPE and instead give up on the game.

    Moving on we will avoid designing these types of cards with that kind of impact on the game and that require highly specific tech to counter them. Leaving these on the current ban list behind us should open more design space for cool new cards. After 7 years we should not be slaves of unbalanced initial designs that would never get a green light if they were to be design today.

    And one final note: these cards will be banned from ranked and, if rules specify it, from tournaments. But not from the game. They can still be used in Campaign vs AI and Custom, but you will need to find players willing to play against those decks with those cards in them.
    Last edited by Veles; 03-29-2018 at 02:00 AM.

    Design Team Leader

    Check out this thread for some awesome articles and guides.

    “Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla




  4. #74
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    33
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    RIP Praxix, it was a good run.

  5. #75
    Chat Mod Burnout1985's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    268
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    It’s time for diet Ba1thazzarr

    Aggro prax is still competitive tho and perhaps a little mill prax deck around 45-50 cards too.. who knows! ll2 just comes out, it’s too early to say rip prax ^^
    A1 Burnout1985

    I always believed in myself and did well,
    but joining A1 took me the next level. Curious how?

    Click here to know how to join A1

    -Ladder 1st score: season 67, 66, 62, 61, 58, 49, 37, 35, 34, 30
    -Ladder 1st rating: season 67, 66, 63, 58, 57, 54, 53, 49, 47, 36
    -Tournament won: WORLD CHAMPION 2016, Spagetthi IV, The Fall Seasonal Championship , Bounty Price II, SLUGFEST IX, Highlander II

  6. #76
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    33
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnout1985 View Post
    It’s time for diet Ba1thazzarr

    Aggro prax is still competitive tho and perhaps a little mill prax deck around 45-50 cards too.. who knows! ll2 just comes out, it’s too early to say rip prax ^^
    Eh. “Control” Praxix is dead. I played the game to relieve stress and have fun and made a very specific style that was a hybrid aggro/board control deck. That is dead. The only viable option for Prax is to be aggro, which is so boring. I’m still playing obviously, but the Elemental cards that they have introduced compared to some of the other new cards (Priest and Hunter in particular) are very underwhelming. I see how these cards work with Elementalis. But...Praxix, not so much.

  7. #77
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    147
    Tournaments Joined
    3
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by BP LORD WANE View Post
    Man, this is a CARD GAME, so, even in a rush deck like loest rush, you will have the LUCK FACTOR, a LUCK TOP DECK. What u told about smashing blow have zero sense to me too. Serena can steal ur smashing blow and i think no none here want another the cutlass nerf.
    Abou what u told of mill stylle, this is sad, really sad. What i want people in general undestend is: if u have a TCG, you want to explore variants, stylles and have max possibilities of decks. cut stylles and have just 2/3 tipes of decks, will make the game annoy and and with a feeling of limitation on build decks, and in my opinion will make the game weak on a future. If we look for MTG (that is the biggest TGC, and we must to aim on the best to improve) we have: AGROO, MID RANGE, CONTROLL, HEAVY CONTROL, STALL, MILL, COMBO DECKS, OTK DECKS, LAND DECKS, ARTEFACTS DECKS......Do u see the variety??? This make a game really fun, and when u cut some stylle because people dont like, you are not being a cool devenloper, you are killing your game on the future....But, as i said, this is my opinion.
    About SR, ofc it is strong, i will be an idiot if i told that is just a good card. But lets take a look on previous WC: how much praxis, zaladar or elementalis was WORLD CHAMPIONS? No one.....and do you know why? Because even against SR giving another life, a good player can control the situation and kill any elemental... i think that is the main reason for SE going to an abyss, people cry a lot for nerfs and devenlopers give to much atentions for small thinks that have no impact for a "new gas" to make old players have intrest in came back or keep SE as favourite game. Instead nerf SR, why not create a card like this:

    Stone of desease

    4CC

    Neutral item - artefact

    Players can't gain life points.



    See, i think this kind of actitude will be much better than NERF cards. But, is just my opinion, and as i told, my opinion is same like shit....
    Agree + 1

  8. #78
    DP Visionary Jets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    340
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammy Striker View Post
    Agree + 1
    Yep but even mtg has ban lists. if we’re comparing to mtg, then the real issue is deck size. a standard mtg deck is 60 cards which includes at least 20 lands for resources. I’ll guess an average se game around 10 cards get sacced for resources. So in mtg I’m left with 40 playable cards but in se only 30. On top of that is the fact that in se you need about 8-10 cards just dedicated to draw power.

  9. #79
    DP Visionary Index's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Shanghai(GMT+8)
    Posts
    5,908
    Tournaments Joined
    9
    Tournaments Won
    0

    Yes, I’m bringing it up... Allow buffs/nerfs for old cards!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ba1thazzarr View Post
    Eh. “Control” Praxix is dead. I played the game to relieve stress and have fun and made a very specific style that was a hybrid aggro/board control deck. That is dead. The only viable option for Prax is to be aggro, which is so boring. I’m still playing obviously, but the Elemental cards that they have introduced compared to some of the other new cards (Priest and Hunter in particular) are very underwhelming. I see how these cards work with Elementalis. But...Praxix, not so much.
    I think Accelerate is a very good option for Mill Praxix. I’ve used Mill Praxix to finish my SEF team 5 win quest. While there are completely bad match ups such as mages, this deck is auto win against attachment Priests or Ravager Adun. In fact I think Mill Praxix is better than Aggro Praxix in current meta.


    从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk
    Buried Treasure of Nanana
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix/ Greatness, Reborn
    My tournament achievements

  10. #80
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    569
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Buff old cards to save this game

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •