Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I want to thank the developement team for these cards to hate this game

Eternal Renewal. Free card for full reset. Totally fair
    Armor of Ages. Has no purpose except to be used by prax
    Into The Forest. Free card to hide hero nd doesnt even exhaust. Totally balanced.
    Lost Hope. Free draw recycles forever plus 5 dmg at end. Just horrible.
    Last edited by Fristar; 03-02-2018 at 08:56 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I hate to ask the probably obvious question, but why exactly do you play this game if you hate it so much? One really must wonder.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ok i get the last 3 but what did renewal do to you?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I will admit, I get Armor of Ages and Into the Forest. They are indeed very annoying cards, particularly ItF (AoA you just run item destruction on).

But the analysis for Eternal Renewal and All Hope is Lost are kinda silly. Eternal Renewal is in no way free, it costs 5. Not only that, but if you use it one a graveyard with allies in it, then you can't utilize your Soul Reaper (which is in my opinion a more ridiculous card than ER), or if you do Soul Reaper first you're just getting back a deck with a bunch of abilities and items.

With AHiL, you do realize how difficult it is most of the time to even set up the scenario where opponent's deck is empty to even deal the 5 damage, right? Even then, most of the time those decks have effectively won the game anyway at that point, AHiL just makes it so it doesn't take 10 turns to actually end off of just mill damage.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tman507 View Post
    I will admit, I get Armor of Ages and Into the Forest. They are indeed very annoying cards, particularly ItF (AoA you just run item destruction on).

But the analysis for Eternal Renewal and All Hope is Lost are kinda silly. Eternal Renewal is in no way free, it costs 5. Not only that, but if you use it one a graveyard with allies in it, then you can't utilize your Soul Reaper (which is in my opinion a more ridiculous card than ER), or if you do Soul Reaper first you're just getting back a deck with a bunch of abilities and items.

With AHiL, you do realize how difficult it is most of the time to even set up the scenario where opponent's deck is empty to even deal the 5 damage, right? Even then, most of the time those decks have effectively won the game anyway at that point, AHiL just makes it so it doesn't take 10 turns to actually end off of just mill damage.
    I second this. Renewal is not free or busted.
    ~~Ace

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    My problem with Hope is Lost is that it goes back to deck. It should be exiled after being played.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Fristar View Post
    My problem with Hope is Lost is that it goes back to deck. It should be exiled after being played.
    That would make it totally unusable, it recycles only when you're at the bottom of your deck with 2 or more AHIL and your opp is milled - those are pretty hard conditions to make it work already.
    Also, you should revisit dictionary and have a look at what free means.
    I milled fat Garth with rush Loest. Twice.
    I stalled Moonstaller with Rothem.
    I played Ter with monopoly cards and 4x toll bridge and managed to win a tournament.
    I cast Portal and Kris in one turn and lived to tell the tale.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by dejvo View Post
    That would make it totally unusable, it recycles only when you're at the bottom of your deck with 2 or more AHIL and your opp is milled - those are pretty hard conditions to make it work already.
    Also, you should revisit dictionary and have a look at what free means.
    Wow cc5 to get all your cards back. No downside. Thats free

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

I want to thank the developement team for these cards to hate this game

Quote Originally Posted by Fristar View Post
    Wow cc5 to get all your cards back. No downside. Thats free
    I'm torn here in replying because I really love that you speak up with your opinions, and clearly you care about the game, but then you do yourself and us a disservice through contradictory statements like this.

It costs 5cc and a card from your hand and it needs a slot in the deck. Most of the time you can't get away with running one because it might come early when it's useless, so actually you need a couple. So it is not a no-brainer to use ER and certainly not free.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Lol renewal isn't a good card as is unless you shorten your deck dramatically, unless you have a good draw engine and grinding your opponent the card is very not that playable, idk how cards returning to a deck for 5 cc is really that bad. It seems all these cards your talking about here have 1 thing in common, you played a mill prax player with some defense to help waste time.

Quit whining and play the game if you have trouble with those decks then simply use some removal, most the decks I seen you play have 0 counter play