Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Isn't Nathanias OP?

I think Nathanias's ability is too strong. Human has many great fatties like Braxnorian Soldier, Viska, and Kion. The fact the you have the chance to summon them at no cost is just insane.
    As much as I enjoy playing him, no card should be that strong on its own.

The reason he is in pretty much every human deck is because he is non-situational. Many fatties are strong only in a certain situation.

Oliver Fagin isn't that powerful unless there is an opponent ally to take. The same can be said for Forgotten Horror and Riphide.
    Eriss is only useful when there is an ability to destroy. That's why they are not reliable enough to be OP.

On the other hand, Nathanias can never be useless. Even if you draw a non-ally card, it's no big deal. You still got a 5/8 monster on the board. He is not even afraid of Retreat.
    Therefore we should either make him more unreliable like other fatties or make the ability less powerful.

My nerf ideas,

1. 5/8 -> 4/7
    2. summoning a non-ally at no cost instead of ally. Even if you draw a non-ally card, you might not want to play it or can't play it because the same item is already on the board. So it's less powerful and more situational.
    3. summoning an ally costs 5 less resources so that when you have no resource left, you won't be able to summon 6 or 7 cost ally to overwhelm the board.
    Last edited by udacian; 02-28-2018 at 04:34 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think that kion is op no Nathanians
    IGN: 17 indastria
    Telegram contact: @indastria

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    He is 7cc card, they have to be damn powerfull. And I donīt think he is OP at all. You can make deck full of fatties to get better chance to profit from summoning him, but that deck will loose against rush. Or you can have him in standard deck with 20 allys, but than you will profit only in 50% situations and in most of the times it will be just 3cc allys. No big deal, he is not OP.
    IGN: TJ Maskee - Proud member of Team Juggernauts !

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nathanias costs 7, every kind of deck has a counter card which costs less than 7cc.
    Sometimes you may be lucky to pull off a Nathanias + Aeon combo, but more often than a 5/8 + cantrip is not necessarily gamebreaking.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nath is one of the few 7cc options worth including in a deck. I like 7cc cards to have an impact on the game or else players wont be motivated to play them. There are many fatties not worth including in a deck cause they dont justify their high cost and you end up better playing 2 weaker allies insted of them
    Member of A1 family

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I understand your opinion here.

Having the ability to summon any ally is dam insane when you pull into Something big. Some decks like Lance and Ythan bank on this happening.

Nathanias is definitely OP when he pulls something huge. Otherwise, he really is not. His ability is only when summoned. There is many forms of control in the game to deal with allies. Retreat is still a very viable option. You pay 2cc to bounce 7cc which likely was all your opponent could play that turn and you have more resources to play something else.

It can be frustrating as hell to see Nathanias come into play and bring with him something like Kion (who really is Op) but otherwise, I feel it is ok. There are some 7cc cards better like Dakrath

Overall, I feel it is a strong card with a very huge upside. Not OP.
    "Is he a man? Or, is he a mango?" - Gondorian

Join our Telegram Community.

Join Shadow Era on Social Media: Facebook|Twitter

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nathanias is strongest in decks that pull him with Garina Road and can play him for 6cc (especially Zhanna after wiping the board)...but he isn't OP imo but rather a good 7cc card.
    Avenger of Valhalla
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think Nathanias is fine. A 7cc ally have to have some impact otherwise what’s the point of playing it. The cantrip is nice but not always reliable. I usually pull another Nathanias or an ability when I use it. Also for 7cc I think there are better allies out there. In a 40 card rogue deck if I was limiting my deck to just two 7cc allies, Nathanias wouldn’t be included.