Close

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandevmonium View Post
    This proposal sounds nice. It would not fix the problem for alt accounts, but they would require some investigation anyway.
    Facing guildmates in unrated games only seems more in line with the spirit of guilds.
    I agree with Goran keep it the way it is until you have everything ready and then fix it the way he proposed

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I also like the Idea Of 0 Points For Draw imo its fair for everyone. No more draws Only losses and wins
    Proud Member Of The Blue Phoenix

IGN -: BP Itachi Uchiha
    Telegram -: @itachiuchiiha

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm still at a loss as to why offering draw is even an option in a competitive format.
    IGN: TJ jonmaciel
    TG: @jonmaciel

Elder, Mentoring Officer

ShadowEra.Net Editor

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by starval View Post
    I'm still at a loss as to why offering draw is even an option in a competitive format.
    Good when game freezes for both (just wait for the new update). Good when you have boring mirror (moon). It's a good option, used cowardly in many cases
    I milled fat Garth with rush Loest. Twice.
    I stalled Moonstaller with Rothem.
    I played Ter with monopoly cards and 4x toll bridge and managed to win a tournament.
    I cast Portal and Kris in one turn and lived to tell the tale.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by dejvo View Post
    Good when game freezes for both (just wait for the new update). Good when you have boring mirror (moon). It's a good option, used cowardly in many cases
    not enough reason to keep it with the amount of abuse it gets. if your game freezes, sorry better luck next time.

Elder, Mentoring Officer

ShadowEra.Net Editor

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by starval View Post
    not enough reason to keep it with the amount of abuse it gets. if your game freezes, sorry better luck next time.
    We've seen more abuse from guildmates giving free wins
    I milled fat Garth with rush Loest. Twice.
    I stalled Moonstaller with Rothem.
    I played Ter with monopoly cards and 4x toll bridge and managed to win a tournament.
    I cast Portal and Kris in one turn and lived to tell the tale.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by dejvo View Post
    We've seen more abuse from guildmates giving free wins
    That's a choice people make in every game - SE is no exception. If you want to throw a match for your friend and hurt your own rankings to boost theirs, that's your choice.

That's also partly the way the ranking system in SE works. You climb up very quickly. In many games, the climb is slow. You also lose more rank for losing than you gain rank for winning. If SE functioned similarly, maybe you don't want to throw.
    Last edited by jonmaciel; 03-01-2018 at 03:05 AM.

Elder, Mentoring Officer

ShadowEra.Net Editor

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well, boosting is a way bigger issue than draws as I already said. Most people play QM just for fun or just stick around after some streak, it gets much dirtier than just draws which, when used between guildmates, are a way to make the game fairer to everybody, guild players and non.

And no, it's not just a choice. Boosting is very near to cheating IMO, especially when done consciously.

I really wonder about the moral of someone who sees match fixing (gives you a lifetime ban in most sports) something normal and drawing with guildmates as "abuse".
    Last edited by Wimbled; 03-01-2018 at 03:43 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Wimbled View Post
    Well, boosting is a way bigger issue than draws as I already said. Most people play QM just for fun or just stick around after some streak, it gets much dirtier than just draws which, when used between guildmates, are a way to make the game fairer to everybody, guild players and non.

And no, it's not just a choice. Boosting is very near to cheating IMO, especially when done consciously.

I really wonder about the moral of someone who sees match fixing (gives you a lifetime ban in most sports) something normal and drawing with guildmates as "abuse".
    Saying boosting is worse than intentially drawing doesn't make drawing any better. You can remove drawing and make the ladder climb harder (which would make people not want to throw their games for guildmates). The solution is much simpler than people are trying to make it out to be.

Elder, Mentoring Officer

ShadowEra.Net Editor

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I dunno, I don't really see it as that big of a deal to be able to offer a draw to your opponent. It's up to them to accept.

But I do see how its been used as of late as a problem though. Trying to get out of a bad match up or starting hand by chancing the draw offer seems out of place for a ladder climb. Removing the ability to offer the draw in the first place would solve the problem of people doing this (please note that I'm not accusing anyone in particular, just that I've seen this a number of times personally and don't see it as a rare thing to occur). It does remove the "out" if a bug occurs though. Though I'm pretty sure this doesn't happen anywhere near the amount of times it used to in the past, still, I think its a good addition for that reason alone. If its not removed altogether, then perhaps it should be limited in some way instead (once per match, maybe only once every 5 matches or something. Just a suggestion, I'm sure there are better ways).

Personally, I do find it a bit strange that its (apparently anyway) commonplace for guildmates to draw against each other if they get paired up. Its a friendly gesture and one of the ways that guilds could actually work together, but I'm not so sure its in the spirit of competition to be doing that. Its also kind of hard to work together to improve each other's skills if it can't happen outside of the practice environment if we draw against every member we meet on rated. I also don't think any guild member should hold contempt against one that doesn't adhear to drawing if guildies should meet. That's just my opinion though and I'm sure many people disagree with me on that. If the vast majority of players consider that action to be acceptable, then I see no issue keeping the option around.

As for how Draws should effect scores, I've no real opinion or suggestion on that. Though, since draws can happen without the offer draw option, there does need to be a specific way draws are handled for the calculation of your score.
    Last edited by Demnchi; 03-01-2018 at 07:56 AM.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel