Close

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

The Best Score should not ignore DRAWS

The draw system is good for rating but not for Best Scoring.

The Mean Best Score System should not ignore a draw, it should be counted as a loss in the block of 50 games.
    It is suppose to be a system of who can win the most and skill, not who can get the most draws accepted vs heroes or players there weak against including fellow guild mates. This would make people play there matches more, less guild vs guild draws at top ladder play and give a more accurate measure of skill.

Current leader at this time in 1st place has 24 Draws. Umba 97W 33L 24D, he draws 1/4 games to become leader.
    2nd place 24 draws Itachi. 45W 8L 24D He draws 1/2 games to become second place.
    3rd place 8 draws Flame Mamba 42W 11L 8D He draws 1/7 games to become 3rd place

Based on this then its obvious that Flame Mamba has the better win rate and should be in 1st place in terms of skill however hes in 3rd because the Mean Best Score Ignores Draws.
    The Mean Best Score System should take draws as a loss, it is suppose to be a measure of who the best is within 50 games and not who can get the most draws vs decks there weak against.

Rating system should ignore draws I agree, however in terms of skill placement The Score system should not ignore draws.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    We can't count draws as a loss, but I agree that the number of draws these guys have is ridiculous. It's too late to add something to tackle this for March, but we have a month to think of an appropriate approach.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    To me, I would just remove the option to draw in ranked. You either win or you lose.
    IGN: TJ jonmaciel
    TG: @jonmaciel

Elder, Mentoring Officer

ShadowEra.Net Editor

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    That sounds very strange... if these players were offering draws in order to avoid bad matchups, their opponents gladly accepted those draws anyway.
    I don't know if removing draws at all is necessary to fix this issue; maybe just adding a cap of 5% draws during the season, in order to be eligible for top score, can work.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by starval View Post
    To me, I would just remove the option to draw in ranked. You either win or you lose.
    I like this. This is ranked for a reason, i can get behind draws being removed.

Or make so people over 250 in rating cannot offer a draw request in ranked.

Europe Regional (Winter 2012) Champion jacqui's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    There is no reason for offer draw to exist in ranked.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    those draw ratios are very strange and it proves those players are abusing the system and i am no surprised if you look at the names. you do not get to the top by playing fair with good skills. i think when players draw they should be counted as loss.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    If I log draws in the score window as worth above 0 but less than a win (e.g. Half value of a win), that could do the trick. Each draw in there takes up a slot in your window of 50 that these guys are trying to have as a win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    can you make it so it only counts the top 50 games that end with a W or L and didn't end in a DRAW? (so it would basically ignore draws)...but I agree with removing draws from ranked altogether...you can leave and take the loss or play it out (only draws would then occur with plays like nova killing both heroes, which could also explain some of the draws if top players are using mage)
    Avenger of Valhalla
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    even as mage you do not get supernova draw half the time not even one of four times.