Close

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Agreed. Draws must either be removed or count as 0 points in your 50 games.

You play to win the game. Sometimes you lose. Draw? No.

Match fixing is something that cannot be policed so it is pointless to speak of it. Do some do it? I’m sure they do. Can anyone prove it? Good luck.

Let’s worry about what we can see and fix.

Each match is supposed to count towards the end goal of score. Win or Lose.

Draws get in the way of determining this.

Plain and simple.
    Last edited by SEF Mango; 03-01-2018 at 08:19 AM.
    "Is he a man? Or, is he a mango?" - Gondorian

Join our Telegram Community.

Join Shadow Era on Social Media: Facebook|Twitter

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If you change it like that it makes the classes (mostly mages) that naturally draw some games due to bilateral damage much weaker than they used to be.

As I said, I don't see draws as a problem unless people start to abuse them. This game has many NPE decks too, offering draws at lower levels can save you from the occasional nervous breakdown.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Wimbled View Post
    As I said, I don't see draws as a problem unless people start to abuse them.
    People are abusing them. That's why this thread is here. Just look at the top scores. Something like a third of people's games are draws.
    IGN: TJ jonmaciel
    TG: @jonmaciel

Elder, Mentoring Officer

ShadowEra.Net Editor

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by starval View Post
    People are abusing them. That's why this thread is here. Just look at the top scores. Something like a third of people's games are draws.
    Umba posted a pic from his top score, showing 9 draws (less than 10% of all game), which apparently nobody saw, because we're such a friendly community that at least the creator of this topic would apologize to him.
    Flame mamba has 13% of his game draws and Itachi has 32%. Now I know 3ppl is a low sample and people might not be as enthusiastic about numbers as I am, but for God's sake, math is an exact science (not like marketing) with simple rules, so please stop throwing random numbers (third of the games are draw) to support your arguments, run for some political job with this approach.
    I milled fat Garth with rush Loest. Twice.
    I stalled Moonstaller with Rothem.
    I played Ter with monopoly cards and 4x toll bridge and managed to win a tournament.
    I cast Portal and Kris in one turn and lived to tell the tale.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by dejvo View Post
    Umba posted a pic from his top score, showing 9 draws (less than 10% of all game), which apparently nobody saw, because we're such a friendly community that at least the creator of this topic would apologize to him.
    Flame mamba has 13% of his game draws and Itachi has 32%. Now I know 3ppl is a low sample and people might not be as enthusiastic about numbers as I am, but for God's sake, math is an exact science (not like marketing) with simple rules, so please stop throwing random numbers (third of the games are draw) to support your arguments, run for some political job with this approach.
    Math? Ok fine.

KA Bear Brown last season (as of Feb 28). Best Score was 2nd and Rating was 6th. 329 games. Of those 329 games, 137 were draws. That's 41.6%.

So you are correct, my math was wrong. It was over 1/3.

Elder, Mentoring Officer

ShadowEra.Net Editor

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Math? Ok fine.

KA Bear Brown last season (as of Feb 28). Best Score was 2nd and Rating was 6th. 329 games. Of those 329 games, 137 were draws. That's 41.6%.

So you are correct, my math was wrong. It was over 1/3.
    Are you serious? You take exactly ONE person? Hello, ever heard of average? Or maybe you meant to say SOME people have 1/3 of games draw, which brings me to my second point:
    KA Bear Brown for January shows 528 matches played total, not sure where you did come up with that number, I highly doubt he was able to play 200 games in one day, especially when I see his history for 6 days back.

I give up anyway, this is no basis for discussion, when ppl throw random numbers, use random examples without looking at the big picture, ok, be dumb, I will point my finger at your faulty logic anyway.

BTW 137 draws is huge number (if real) which probably shows another problem: why would so many ppl accept draw? Might be stall decks are still problem?
    I played Ter with monopoly cards and 4x toll bridge and managed to win a tournament.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @starval

Don't know where you get your numbers... Ka bear wasn't even in top 5 last season. The season before he wasn't n. 2 in score either as I was that person. Difficult to discuss if people take one example that is wrong and invent some numbers that don't correspond to the reality.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Elder, Mentoring Officer

ShadowEra.Net Editor

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well, that's one player and the numbers you reported in your message were wrong. If you want to prove something, please at least look up the whole top 10 and report some statistically relevant numbers (he finished 6th in score that season, not second btw). Top 5 is more meaningful than some extreme draw guy that finishes 6th in one season by abusing the draw system. You'll see that people have a draw % of around 5-15, barring some rare exceptions, one of which you just reported as the only material for the conversation.

I agree that this example abuses the draw system, but this style is only a marginal exception, as you can see any given month looking through the stats of the top 10 players.
    Last edited by Wimbled; 03-05-2018 at 10:49 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    As I and Wimbled said, you can't use one example to prove your point. And in best score leaderboard it shows he played 528 games, so not sure where is the difference coming from