Close

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Oldros: Infested Swampland

Oldros: Infested Swampland - Neutral Location (Balor) - T4
    Controller ~ 1SE: Until the end of the turn, Wild allies cost you 1 less resource to summon.
    Non-Controller ~ When you end your turn while you control no allies, your hero takes 2 poison damage and you draw a card.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hmmmm, doesn't seem that great. Not many people use Wild allies, and this being T4 means it won't speed you up that much. 2 Poison to opponent is nice idea, but when it works at the end of their turn the only time that's ever going to happen is if they're a solo deck or if they don't have enough resources to summon an ally or if they have no allies in hand. Just doesn't seem super worth it, unless it's just another Location to throw out to Voidhammer later.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I made list of wild allies which are actually used. Here it goes:
    I milled fat Garth with rush Loest. Twice.
    I stalled Moonstaller with Rothem.
    I played Ter with monopoly cards and 4x toll bridge and managed to win a tournament.
    I cast Portal and Kris in one turn and lived to tell the tale.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ^ Yeah, lol. Just seems odd that a card for Wild allies would be included in a main set. Seems more like a Campaigns card.

Things that could make this card ever so slightly better:

1. Make the Controller ability a passive. Maybe that would be too much if there's many future Wild allies planned, but for now just seems like an extra annoyance for an already not great effect.

2. Make it T3. This way it can at least come in earlier to actually speed you up some.

3. Make Non-controller ability work if non-controller has 1 or fewer allies.

4. Or, even better than #3, make Non-controller ability occur at the start of their turn. This way Controller actually has better way to get it to trigger by clearing board, and not have non-controller just summon an ally to prevent it.

Also, I'm not sure I like the fact that non-controller gets draw when they get hit with damage. Don't want my opponent getting cards.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I see this in trap Victor. For non-controller, maybe 2 damage and no board control for 1 card draw per turn is not that good. I would prefer having my allies.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Versus solo decks that rely on other board control tools then allies the non-controler effect will give constant draw source for opponent. On the other hand it will constantly ping the opponent for 2 dmg per turn which may be deadly.

Wysłane z mojego Lenovo K53a48 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    My first impression is this card looks like it's designed to fit into an Aggro / mid range deck. It's only generating decent value if you can play 2 or more wild's in a turn. It could help you close out games quickly if you get an early lead.. But without a massive amount of card draw it's going to lose some steam. Although the flip side of card could help score some more hero damage.

Upon further insight it might actually perform equally well or possibly even better in a stall deck perhaps even with 0 wild allies lol. Force your opponent into playing allies and win via attrition!

Either way I don't see it being very viable in the near future.

Another interesting tidbit: effect lasts until end of turn, so you could stack with that other location (blanking on name.. Garina?). Allowing you to plays 4cc's for 2.
    Last edited by Nijjis; 03-08-2018 at 08:07 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    tman gave some nice suggestions.This card can possibly be the answer to all those stall decks and you can run 1 copy of this in your decks.But it needs some tweaks otherwise it would be just another card no one uses. I would suggest

- Make it come earlier than T4 so that controller ability can make some impact.

- Poison damage would be great at the start of the turn but even if it stays the same please remove the draw from it, you dont want to give that stall deck more draw, instead flip the draw to controller side whenever the ability triggers. I mean if i am managing to keep the opponent ally free or he is running a stall deck, I deserve the draw.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Oldros: Infested Swampland

Hi all. Thanks for the feedback. If anyone here is not already on the Test Server, please consider getting on there and trying this out. Clearly there are suspicions it won't be good enough so I think that's a sign it's worth making some decks to get a better idea!

All heroes can use Wild allies and this card so you have great flexibility to come up with a deck to see if it can work.

I like the idea of Hunters with some T2 and T3 traps and then mass influx of Wild allies on T4.

I think whatever you pick, you want a lot of draw so Blood Frenzy for Warrior, Loom of Fate for anyone, Bad Santa will be essential.

You also want some bigger allies since the Wild swarm could get wiped by certain heroes.

Wish I could go try this out now but I have a long todo list to get through to ensure 3.60 comes out on time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro