Close

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 60
  1. #31
    Senior Member Bayfighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    857
    Tournaments Joined
    1
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by marundal View Post

    Meltdown
    Also offer a special meltdown challenge. Meltdown is such a great format, I love it. But - honestly - it is a bit frustrating to play because you have to wait so long till an opponent joins meltdown. I'm sure that this will push the format with much more players to play the meltdown format.
    I'm enjoying the F2P challenge immensely, both old and new players can enjoy this. It's also a savvy idea to increase participation and inflate our games' App metrics!

    If we do something similar in the future, I agree that Meltdown should be the next format. It's amazing, but under-utilized.
    IGN: TJ Bayfight3r
    Telegram: @Bayfighter
    Location: GMT-8

    Guild Member of Team Juggernauts

    Honorary Guild Member: Enlisted to Endure <E2E> - A Christian gaming community

    ""Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father."
    Colossians 3:17

  2. #32
    Devoted Fan Gondorian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England (GMT+0)
    Posts
    24,077
    Tournaments Joined
    1000
    Tournaments Won
    999
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayfighter View Post
    I'm enjoying the F2P challenge immensely, both old and new players can enjoy this. It's also a savvy idea to increase participation and inflate our games' App metrics!
    I don't think it will affect metrics too much as we get at least 150 new players sign up per day normally, but it will certainly give us a good statistical sampling of player behaviour when that player is motivated to collect cards quickly and try to make their best decks and attempt to do this all via Quick Match instead of Campaign and without spending.


    As for Meltdown, we really should have removed it by now because the waiting is too long and it's free and great for grinding gold yet the grinding doesn't give us any benefit (we'd prefer to have people grinding on QM where they can be paired with other people to have more activity there). We've left it available because we don't like taking things away (or the backlash that comes with it), but don't expect it to be improved in the near future until we are happy that the Quick Match mode is active and attractive enough to people.

    My hope is that when we get a lot more players playing daily then we can have a Special Event Mode in place of Meltdown where you can use subsets of the card pool (whether you own them or not) within that Special Event. So long as there are enough players to fill both modes, that would be fantastic.

  3. #33
    Devoted Fan Gondorian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England (GMT+0)
    Posts
    24,077
    Tournaments Joined
    1000
    Tournaments Won
    999
    Blog Entries
    1
    UPDATE: 117 players are taking part so far and 5 players have managed to get on the Best Score Leaderboard already:

    F2P TupperWare (66th)
    F2P Marco Polo (109th)
    F2P Bum (115th)
    F2P Sylnox (134th)
    F2P John Wick (182nd)

    Well done! Let's how many can be in the Top 250 at the end of February to earn 10 Lost Lands booster packs each!

  4. #34
    Devoted Fan Gondorian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England (GMT+0)
    Posts
    24,077
    Tournaments Joined
    1000
    Tournaments Won
    999
    Blog Entries
    1
    ***NEWSFLASH***

    New prizes added.

    Since only a subset of people have access to the adverts you can watch (Glowing Embers) to earn SC, I am splitting entire pool of contestants into two groups - those who watched at least one advert and those that didn't or couldn't (due to not being on iOS/Android). The prizes announced so far will be for the group that watched at least one video.

    The new prizes for group that can't (due to being Mac/PC only) or chose not to are:

    * The five highest ranking participants on the Best Score Leaderboard at the end of February, and any others that make Top 250 (if the five above were in Top 250), will win 10 Lost Lands packs.

    * All participants who achieve at least 10 wins in Rated Multiplayer will receive 3 Lost Lands packs.

    * The player with the largest gold stockpile will receive 20 Lost Lands packs.

    * The player with the highest number of different cards in their account (foil and non-foil are treated as different) will receive 20 Lost Lands packs.

    I hope everyone thinks this is a fair response to an apparently unfair situation in some cases.

  5. #35
    Senior Member starval's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States (GMT-4)
    Posts
    1,846
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    That's a great idea to separate them. It's a lot of bonus SC that Mac/PC misses out on by not having the Glowing Embers.
    IGN: TJ jonmaciel
    TG: @jonmaciel

    Elder, Mentoring Officer


    ShadowEra.Net Editor

  6. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Quebec, Canada (GTM-4)
    Posts
    83
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    I participated in F2P for 2 days. here is my summary after 33 games.

    23 wins and 10 losses that is still respectable for a pre-built deck
    Level 8
    235 SC

    I can now buy a new deck but I think the progression is very slow for a new player and may discourage some. 33 games can be really long for a new player if his deck is not to his liking or if he does not fit his style of play. I think it would be good to find a system that allows new players to test multiple heroes and / or options. before investing in a game you want to know if it suits you and sometimes you do not make the right choices at the start. Shadowera offers a lot of heroes and it would be good for new players to be able to preview and test them.

  7. #37
    Devoted Fan Gondorian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England (GMT+0)
    Posts
    24,077
    Tournaments Joined
    1000
    Tournaments Won
    999
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by pasdev View Post
    I participated in F2P for 2 days. here is my summary after 33 games.

    23 wins and 10 losses that is still respectable for a pre-built deck
    Level 8
    235 SC

    I can now buy a new deck but I think the progression is very slow for a new player and may discourage some. 33 games can be really long for a new player if his deck is not to his liking or if he does not fit his style of play. I think it would be good to find a system that allows new players to test multiple heroes and / or options. before investing in a game you want to know if it suits you and sometimes you do not make the right choices at the start. Shadowera offers a lot of heroes and it would be good for new players to be able to preview and test them.
    Thanks for the feedback. We are considering making the Starter decks half price but only purchasable once per account. This would help in the situation you mention but not break the game economy (specifically, the SC to gold ratio achieved through deck melting).

    Another thing to bear in mind is normally you could do some Campaign to get more XP and Gold pretty easily, but I've outlawed it here.

  8. #38
    Senior Member Pandevmonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Latina, Italy
    Posts
    1,994
    Tournaments Joined
    7
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Another thing to bear in mind is normally you could do some Campaign to get more XP and Gold pretty easily, but I've outlawed it here.
    This. Usually new players don't go straight to multiplayer, so they have time to gain some extra gold and SC. I don't think that's the main issue for a newcomer. There're other major flaws imho that I will report once F2P period will be over.

  9. #39
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Quebec, Canada (GTM-4)
    Posts
    83
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    normally the card player has already played another games of the same type before like magic etc ... playing the campaign may be suitable for some but not all. if I take my experience in card games that is more than 20 years in physical games and a few years in digital, I only want to play PVP and I have no interest in playing against a computer. I just played a little less than 100 games in the F2P and I can play only 3 heroes out of 32 and only one at a proper level of competition. seriously, I do not understand why you are so chilly to give SCs or packs to new players for them to have fun. I do not know but offer 75 SC the first 10 levels, 50 SC the next 5 and 25 SC the following ones. give 1 pack every 2 levels up to 10th level, 1 pack to all 3 levels until 25th. the more the game progresses the more expansion there is, the more cards there are and the more it seems like an eternity to acquire the entire game. do not be afraid to give a lot to new players to give them excitement and interest, they'll give it back to you, otherwise it's discouraging. today after these 100 games, if I am a new player I will see elsewhere for another game. now there are many games available. Shadowera is my favorite card game but I can not see myself starting again.

  10. #40
    Devoted Fan Gondorian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England (GMT+0)
    Posts
    24,077
    Tournaments Joined
    1000
    Tournaments Won
    999
    Blog Entries
    1

    F2P Multiplayer Challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by pasdev View Post
    normally the card player has already played another games of the same type before like magic etc ... playing the campaign may be suitable for some but not all. if I take my experience in card games that is more than 20 years in physical games and a few years in digital, I only want to play PVP and I have no interest in playing against a computer. I just played a little less than 100 games in the F2P and I can play only 3 heroes out of 32 and only one at a proper level of competition. seriously, I do not understand why you are so chilly to give SCs or packs to new players for them to have fun. I do not know but offer 75 SC the first 10 levels, 50 SC the next 5 and 25 SC the following ones. give 1 pack every 2 levels up to 10th level, 1 pack to all 3 levels until 25th. the more the game progresses the more expansion there is, the more cards there are and the more it seems like an eternity to acquire the entire game. do not be afraid to give a lot to new players to give them excitement and interest, they'll give it back to you, otherwise it's discouraging. today after these 100 games, if I am a new player I will see elsewhere for another game. now there are many games available. Shadowera is my favorite card game but I can not see myself starting again.
    Wouldn't the half-price starter decks I mentioned address this?

    At only 100SC, it means you just have to level each hero up to 5 (pretty easy) to have 100SC again to buy the next.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •