Close

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Lightbulb Improvement suggestions

Awesome idea, I like it. It's great to have extra challenges, please give us more in the future.

Some improvement suggestions for the next challenges:

Button to start
    Simply offer a button in the game which starts this special challenge mode and makes sure that all rules are kept.

Meltdown
    Also offer a special meltdown challenge. Meltdown is such a great format, I love it. But - honestly - it is a bit frustrating to play because you have to wait so long till an opponent joins meltdown. I'm sure that this will push the format with much more players to play the meltdown format.

In-Game announcement
    New challenges should be announced not just at social media and forum, it should also be announced at the in-game "News and Announcements" when you start the Shadow Era App or game client.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Those goals are there to allow strategic thinkers a problem to solve.

For Gold: It would be foolish to stockpile all gold without buying some cards so the right move is buy some to use (and stockpile some amount) and eventually sell all back at end of Feb to have most gold.

For Total of different cards (duplicates don't count): you can sell extra copies at end and buy up other cards to get the best spread, but obviously the buy price is twice Sell price so there is tradeoff between going purely 4x of best stuff for playing versus trying to spread out a bit with cards you will play with during Feb so no gold is lost in conversion. You also could buy cheaper cards to use rather than expensive. Lots of options!

I thought this would appeal to some people.
    Too much effort. I will live and die by what I end with it!
    IGN: TJ jonmaciel
    TG: @jonmaciel

Elder, Mentoring Officer

ShadowEra.Net Editor

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    My F2P account has a foil Puwen... Can I sell other Puwens and still try to compete for the 1x challenge? Or foils do not count?

Inviato dal mio SM-T555 utilizzando Tapatalk

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandevmonium View Post
    My F2P account has a foil Puwen... Can I sell other Puwens and still try to compete for the 1x challenge? Or foils do not count?

Inviato dal mio SM-T555 utilizzando Tapatalk
    Let's say that foil counts different to non-foil. I don't want to force people to sell them for gold to buy other card. I like to think after the challenge and people might still like to occasionally use these ones.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It seems that offering draws is the most time effective method of gaining XP.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by A1 Surprise View Post
    It seems that offering draws is the most time effective method of gaining XP.
    I did wonder about that. I will alter what you get for a draw if this becomes the most efficient approach or enforce requirement for game to be long enough. (You have exposed one of the sub-goals of this challenge, for us to learn about player behaviour )

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Why it's not F2P against F2P?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by pasdev View Post
    Why it's not F2P against F2P?
    to see how new accounts fair against the existing environment
    IGN: TJ jonmaciel
    TG: @jonmaciel

Elder, Mentoring Officer

ShadowEra.Net Editor

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    it's a good reason, thank you

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Those goals are there to allow strategic thinkers a problem to solve.

For Gold: It would be foolish to stockpile all gold without buying some cards so the right move is buy some to use (and stockpile some amount) and eventually sell all back at end of Feb to have most gold.

For Total of different cards (duplicates don't count): you can sell extra copies at end and buy up other cards to get the best spread, but obviously the buy price is twice Sell price so there is tradeoff between going purely 4x of best stuff for playing versus trying to spread out a bit with cards you will play with during Feb so no gold is lost in conversion. You also could buy cheaper cards to use rather than expensive. Lots of options!

I thought this would appeal to some people.
    Ah, I see. I guess that's a neat idea for people who are interested. I think my starting path would actually be a very good one for the gold challenge, but I'd rather build decks! Also I was wrong about it being difficult to break the top 250 ranking - I'm currently 131. Apparently the trick is to have a so-so deck and too much time on your hands

edit: also having everyone make "F2P" names was a really good idea. I like that I can search that string and see what everyone's decks look like
    Last edited by Sylnox; 02-18-2018 at 11:53 AM.