Close

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

F2P Multiplayer Challenge

We're very pleased to announce a special event that will run from now until the end of the February 2018 season. Whether you're a seasoned pro or new player, we are sure there will be something for you here!

As the name suggests, this is all about the Free-to-Play (F2P) Multiplayer experience of Shadow Era, where you start off with only a Human CotC starter deck and then build your collection of cards through earning Gold and XP in Rated Multiplayer matches.

I know what you're thinking: Why bother collecting any more cards when the starter decks are already formidable? The answer to that is there are plenty of prizes for achieving different goals we have set, from achieving a Top 250 position on the Best Score Leaderboard to having the highest total of different cards in your collection at the end of February.

DURATION

Now until the end of the February 2018 season.

ACCOUNT CREATION

It is very important you follow all these rules or you will be ineligible for prizes!

1. Rather than logging in as normal, choose Create Account and enter your main account email but with a '2' on the end (e.g. bob@bob.com becomes bob@bob.com2). You can use whatever password you like.

2. Select one of the Human CotC heroes to receive your starter deck for that hero.

3. Enter any name you like for your account but it MUST start with 'F2P' (e.g. F2P Bob).

If you are a new player with no existing account (welcome!), please create your main account (without the '2' on the end of the email address) first and then the F2P account afterwards.

ACCOUNT ACTIVITIES

To ensure this remains about F2P Rated Multiplayer experience, there are some limitations on what you are allowed to do with this account during this challenge.

* ESSENTIAL: Playing Rated Multiplayer to earn Gold and XP and hopefully achieve victories!

* ENCOURAGED: Opening the Daily Chest each day for a free random card.

* OPTIONAL: Watching adverts via the Glowing Embers to earn Shadow Crystals.

* OPTIONAL: Selling and Buying cards in the Merchant for Gold.

* RECOMMENDED: Buying packs/decks with SC you earn through levelling up (or from Glowing Embers).

* DO NOT PLAY SINGLE-PLAYER CAMPAIGN to earn Gold and XP (which becomes SC).

* DO NOT PLAY MELTDOWN to earn Gold and XP.

* DO NOT TRANSFER SHADOW CRYSTALS into this account with the Support tool.

* DO NOT LINK YOUR SHADOW TOKENS to this account to earn SC each day.

* DO NOT SPEND ANY MONEY on anything for this account.

PRIZES

At the end of the season ...

* All participants who achieve a spot on the Top 250 Best Score Leaderboard for February will win 10 Lost Lands packs. If there are not at least five participants who manage this, we will just award the packs to those who get the top five Best Scores out of all participants.

* All participants who achieve at least 10 wins in Rated Multiplayer will receive 3 Lost Lands packs.

* The player with the largest gold stockpile will receive 20 Lost Lands packs.

* The player with the highest number of different cards in their account (foil and non-foil are treated as different) will receive 20 Lost Lands packs.

Please note: All prizes will be delivered to your main account (which should have the same email address as your F2P account without the '2' on the end) the day before Lost Lands Part 2 is released.

QUESTIONS?

Q: I accidentally didn't put 'F2P' in my name? Will I be disqualified?
    A: No. Just get it fixed before the end of February by sending an email to support@shadowera.com with details.

Q: I don't have an email address that matches the new FTP account. Is that a problem?
    A: No. There is no need to read or send email from that account email.

Q: Can I switch heroes?
    A: Yes. You can buy new heroes from the Merchant or get them in packs or starter decks.

Q: What's a quick way to get enough SC to buy a Shadow starter deck?
    A: Level up your Human hero to level 5 or 6 for some Shadow Crystals (25 SC per level) and then buy the counterpart hero (e.g. Amber for Boris). To switch the hero of your deck quickly, tick Show Unusable on the Filter and drag your new hero over the current one and save the deck.

Good luck, everyone!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

So we have to climb ladder with these starter decks? RIP me
    IGN: TJ jonmaciel
    TG: @jonmaciel

Elder, Mentoring Officer

ShadowEra.Net Editor

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think I might give this a try, it sounds kinda fun. My only wish is that you'd have started it earlier - placing on the score ladder starting halfway through the month will be tough (at least for a mediocre player like me). I also feel at a bit of a disadvantage since I have no mobile device that can run the game so I can't watch videos for SC.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenstorm33 View Post
    I think I might give this a try, it sounds kinda fun. My only wish is that you'd have started it earlier - placing on the score ladder starting halfway through the month will be tough (at least for a mediocre player like me). I also feel at a bit of a disadvantage since I have no mobile device that can run the game so I can't watch videos for SC.
    I'll update the prizes to not require Top 250 and award to top five Best Score participants.

As for Embers, I think you are better off playing a match than watching adverts for small amount of SC for this task.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by starval View Post

So we have to climb ladder with these starter decks? RIP me
    Prize conditions updated.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Is it just human decks you are allowed to use?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gaz1858 View Post
    Is it just human decks you are allowed to use?
    Yes. This makes it an authentic F2P experience to match what it is like now for any other new player. In the future, I think we will make it possible to start a new account with a Shadow Hero but we need to see how it plays out now without that option to then justify changing things (or not).

My top tip would be to level up your starting hero to 5 to get some SC then buy matching hero (e.g. buy Amber if you have Boris) and level that one up to 5 as well and then you can buy a Shadow starter deck with the 200SC. You'll also have some gold to spend from your QM earnings.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Is it legal to restart acount?

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ManNishaven View Post
    Is it legal to restart acount?

Because I use 'f2p' and I changed it become 'F2P' in support menu shadowera. com
    And I see my last rating n SC do not decrease to 0. So is it legal?
    Just afraid after play till end of February, I don't get anything coz I broke the rule.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ManNishaven View Post
    Because I use 'f2p' and I changed it become 'F2P' in support menu shadowera. com
    And I see my last rating n SC do not decrease to 0. So is it legal?
    Just afraid after play till end of February, I don't get anything coz I broke the rule.

I can look into it. Don't worry. Keep going.

For anyone else: if you chose the wrong name just PM me in game (to Gondorian) and say what you want it changed to then carry on. I will sort it direct when I get chance and it won't charge you 100SC