Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Undead Yahari Ter Adun (300+)

The reason that I started trying to make this deck was because I feel that Ter has a lot of potential. His ability is really great in a ton of match ups like Baduruu or Gwen or Amber. He just has an issue with heroes that don't have many items or that don't rely on them as much. With the addition on Yahari: Valley of Doom he can use his shadow energy to deal with an early rush of allies then leverage his great draw options and control cards into the late game.

Here is the list:

Hero: Ter Adun

Allies (17):
    3x Death Mage Thaddeus ~200g
    3x Cryptspawn Tormentor ~120g
    4x Corpse Shifter ~300g
    3x Shadow Knight ~210g
    4x Forgotten Horror ~1300g

Abilities (16):
    4x Lythian Shackles ~120g
    4x Crippling Blow ~100g
    1x Sacrificial Lamb ~400g
    4x Blood Frenzy ~100g
    1x Enrage ~100g
    2x Shadow Font ~220g

Items (5):
    4x Tombstone Beacon ~120g
    1x Charred Cowl of the Damned ~990g

Locations (4):
    4x Yahari: Valley of Doom ~400g

43 cards ~ 13480g

It might seem a little counter intuitive to use yahari in an undead, because it really cripples a lot of what most undead decks are trying to do, but I just decided to cut cards like Necromancer's shroud and a lot of lower cc allies and use the higher end undead allies as they are really great in a deck that wants to control the board. wiping their board of all the 3 and 2 cc allies and playing horror to damage and disable a fatty is a serious blow for a mid range deck.

The general strategy is to set up your draw early in the game. Blood Frenzy is the best turn 3 play that you have, but Tombstone Beacon is there in case you don't have one. The 1 Sacrificial Lamb is there mainly as a panic button if your draw is destroyed or you are having a hard time finding it. Using your early turns for set up means that you will likely be behind on board. This is where yahari swings the game back in your favor. Once you have the board even again just use your superior draw, high value allies, and control cards to keep the board in your favor. Eventually the opponents won't be able to keep up with your threats and you will overwhelm them with board presence.

Tips:
    -When the opponent use the non-controller ability on yahari it will cost 6 shadow energy to flip it and use the exile ability. So saving up to 3 and using Shadow Font to get up to 6 can be a surprising and crushing move for the opponent. You generally don't want to use the draw ability once it flips unless you have to, because you are just giving them more opportunity to draw.
    -REMEMBER: Lythian Shackles exhausts your hero, so if you want to use Ter's ability the same turn you are going to play shackles the you need to use it first. Also you can only play 1 shackle per turn and you can't shackle the same ally 2 turns in a row because it is still attached to the ally during your next turn, this can also be used to your advantage.
    -Charred cowl helps your chances vs mages and Zaladar. Plus you will need Enrage. Vs Zaladar the most important thing to use your shadow energy on is Anitmatter. Destroy it ASAP

Possible changes:
    -In some metas you might want to add 1 or 2 Spectral Sabre
    -I don't think that any of the upcoming LLP2 cards will benefit this deck, but if something is crazy broken then it might find its way in. Chaos Engine won't likely be activated enough as items are not our focus.

Post any questions that you have. I might record a video for this if there is any interest. Have fun!
    IGN: TJ dubdub
    TG: @tjdubdub

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi and thanks for posting. This is is a great deck with a decent amount of control. It is well designed and nothing seems out of place.
    Thinks worth consideration are Dragons Tooth and Overwhelm.
    However nice job for making Ter competitive
    Crusader of new Virtues
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by egatemi View Post
    Hi and thanks for posting. This is is a great deck with a decent amount of control. It is well designed and nothing seems out of place.
    Thinks worth consideration are Dragons Tooth and Overwhelm.
    However nice job for making Ter competitive
    Thanks! Both cards you suggest would be fine in this. Here is my reasons for not playing them.
    Dragon's tooth- normally a great card for control warriors. But in this build we have horror for fatty control so it's not really needed
    Overwhelm- normally if you have a big enough board to make good use of it you have already won the game anyways. So it's a little win-more imo

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I thought there’s a card that gives steadfast to your allies. What happens if you activate Yahari while your guys have steadfast?
    IGN: Kyltz

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylt View Post
    I thought there’s a card that gives steadfast to your allies. What happens if you activate Yahari while your guys have steadfast?
    They would stay on the field. But that means you need a 2 card combo. It's more reliable to just have allies with 4cc and greater because they tend to be more powerful anyway

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    In-game name = TJ FallenAngel