Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Hello SE Community!

Hello SE Community! I am excited to introduce myself as a new contributor to the Shadow Era universe at this exciting time in its development. In my capacity as Lead Writer for the game I will be working closely with those already managing other aspects of the creative process to ensure any new material comes together with established lore seamlessly.

Having cut my teeth collaborating with Gondorian on the recently released campaign dialogues, I’ve been struck by the rich inspiration Shadow Era’s art and lore provides. The enthusiasm for the game’s continued development is palpable and forthcoming expansions, more single player campaign narratives and other ways of releasing lore (e.g. short stories, articles) represent fantastic opportunities to improve the Shadow Era experience even further. I will be happy to field questions of all stripes relating to Shadow Era cannon and Lore from this day forward, so don’t be shy! Just know that some secrets are sacred, and my hands are tied to a certain extent!

Full disclosure here, I am a complete Shadow Era virgin coming to the cards, so it’ll be interesting to see things from the perspective of the other new players as the game is made available across new platforms and storefronts like Steam. I fully anticipate a bit of a ‘drubbing’ at the hands of Shadow Era veterans while I learn the ropes!

Apart from the fact that I have a passion for fiction and the written word, the most accurate insights about myself I can provide are: that I’m a husband, a dad and a gamer. I can be found on PSN, XBL, Nintendo Net and Steam as RAVERSTAR. You can hit me up on those too if you fancy, but regardless, I will be seeing you somewhere on Balor!

Chris
    Last edited by Raverstar; 02-13-2018 at 05:28 PM.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Welcome, Raverstar/Chris!

In the interest of full disclosure, Chris and I are related. Our fathers are brothers and Chris has always been like the older brother I never had. We used to spend most Saturdays at our grandparents' house, playing outside when the weather was good and inside with Transformers, M.A.S.K., Lego, Star Wars toys, etc. when not, making up our own games (like our sons now do).

I am so happy on a personal level to have Chris involved with Shadow Era because of the above, but more importantly for Shadow Era itself: he really has a fantastic imagination and is a very adept wordsmith, as seen on the Shadow Hero Dialogue he has already delivered for Ter Adun through to Zaladar.

Speaking of which, if you've not played through Map 1 on Easy for each of them yet, it's well worth it. I really enjoyed reading the dialogue as I received it to put onto the server! Be sure to tell us some of your favourite bits below, but try not to do spoilers! Thanks!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Polishing the game means the game like that is another step to the right direction. Keep up the good work.

Welcome chris.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I always enjoy a good story!
    Qwanoes

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Welcome raverstar/chris. Happy to see that you have been caught from the game as many of us are already. I am passionate of lore and stories and i've written a few for italian community. Waiting for news from you ingame and on forum.
    IGN: 17 paxvobiscum
    Telegram @paxvobiscu

1lluminati in 7enebris
    Shadow Era Italia
    http://se-italia.forumcommunity.net/

When I was Young I played better:
    https://se-italia.forumcommunity.net...entry412546954

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    welcome aboard!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    EveryThing Changes

"The difference between the possible and the impossible lies within a persons determination" -- Tommy Lasorda

Check out my decks and others at Shadowera.net. Shadowera's #1 Super Fan Site!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Welcome Raverstar!
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Welcome Raverstar, I look forward to reading your narratives!
    I recently tried a Majiya mission and found that the writing was significantly improved from what I last read. Looking forward to going back and finishing Campaign with all the heroes to read.
    Metacognition.me

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by divinenibru View Post
    Welcome Raverstar, I look forward to reading your narratives!
    I recently tried a Majiya mission and found that the writing was significantly improved from what I last read. Looking forward to going back and finishing Campaign with all the heroes to read.
    You probably read the Human ones I wrote! I'm more of an over-arching story guy than dialogue writer. I really enjoyed all the Shadow ones I reviewed - it's great to hear Majiya was a good experience.

In terms of the lesser ones, over time we can steadily improve them so do let us know which you think are better than others. I won't take offence! Some of it is subjective, of course, like the amount of humour, but then there are other things that are fairly clear cut like the vocabulary and sounding real or wooden.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for the warm welcome folks!