Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Sorceror of Endia

Sorceror of Endia was a very good card when it first came out, but never felt broken...then it was nerfed to need 4 abilities/items in play to exile one. That change seemed bad, but the current sorceror of endia seems even worse than the 2nd version. Most decks that you need him against, he's not effective unless able to have his ability work from hand on summon, rather than having to survive a turn on the board. I think this card that was used with at least 1x in many decks went from being a nice addition to now a card that gets left out. Any chance Sorceror of Endia gets revisited?
    Avenger of Valhalla
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It and vermin both need to be changed back to the original old version. They used to be good answers but now both see little play.
    IGN: TJ dubdub
    TG: @tjdubdub

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    You may well be right for this meta, but soon we will have another 67 new cards that will shake things up!

Reminder of where they can be seen: http://www.shadowera.com/spoilers

So we really need to wait until Lost Lands Part 2 is out to determine whether the current versions of these are in a good spot or not. Surely as more items and attachments and support abilities become tempting to use, the viability of Sorcerer of Endia and Rapacious Vermin will rise.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think endia needs changed back to but o wouldn't call it unplayable right now it still works very well in a lance deck at least

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like them for the most part.

I dont like the "return to hand" part of Sorcerer since it already needs to survive on the board to get the ability off on top of costing 4cc to put into play.

I also don't like the Sustain on Vermin while having the 2cc activation cost and the self-damage. If you're already taking the Sustain damage and the self-damage from using the ability, the 2cc activation feels unnecessary.
    IGN: TJ jonmaciel
    TG: @jonmaciel

Elder, Mentoring Officer

ShadowEra.Net Editor

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    SoE either needs to go back to working on summon, or at least needs to be reasonable attack or not return to hand. The new 1 attack makes it so bad and the worst version yet...at least in my opinion.
    Avenger of Valhalla
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've yet to come across anyone using sorceror of endia since this change...he at least needs the return to hand part of his ability to be removed. 1 attack is horrible and has to survive one turn to even have one use of ability, but then his return to hand renders him really unplayable compared to other options. It's a shame as he started out so good.
    Avenger of Valhalla
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah it's awful. It's gotten worse each time they've changed it. I think it has to be on summon to be very good since it's 4cc. I think if it went to the grave like Artful Squire it would be good again.
    IGN: TJ dubdub
    TG: @tjdubdub

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ dubdub View Post
    Yeah it's awful. It's gotten worse each time they've changed it. I think it has to be on summon to be very good since it's 4cc. I think if it went to the grave like Artful Squire it would be good again.
    It's actually 3cc now, but still awful...going to the grave would be fine if ability worked on summon.
    Avenger of Valhalla
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    if it was a 2/5 instead of 1/6, it could see some more use. at least that way you have some kind of body when you can't use the ability. I would also remove the return to hand effect on top of that.
    Last edited by jonmaciel; 06-27-2018 at 11:14 PM.
    IGN: TJ jonmaciel
    TG: @jonmaciel

Elder, Mentoring Officer

ShadowEra.Net Editor